Other Shaving Creams:

Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream

Pros

Cons

Pure Silk Shaving Cream Moisturizes the Skin

With shaving creams, there are subtle but important differences from one brand to the next and personal preference is a large part of the buying decision. Some creams provide only the basics, but others offer a little more and one that I have tried and liked is Barbasol Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream for Women.

Shaving Cream Facts and Commentary:

Barbasol Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream for Women contains aloe and other ingredients that add in the moisturizing process. This product is offered in a few different scents, all of which are fruity and made with women in mind.

Barbasol Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream for Women is, as its name states, a product made for women but it also works well for men and I have reached over to the other side of the bathroom on more than one occasion to borrow this shaving cream from the misses. I like the moisturizing properties of this shaving cream and I find that it performs well at prepping the face and neck for shaving.

Barbasol Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream for Women works well and another pleasant surprise is that it is priced reasonably. It costs a little more than other shaving creams, but it is a little less expensive than shaving gels and it works well for what it offers.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Barbasol Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream for Women is a very good product and I can understand fully why women like it so much. From a man’s perspective, I would prefer if the scents weren’t so fruity, but I agree that this is a good product that works well for the men as well as the ladies.

This shaving cream works better than other shavoing creams. It moisturizes well and helps make shaving less irritating.

The scents are a little too fruity for my tastes, but they are still not bad.

Barbasol Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream gets the job done.

Barbasol Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream For Women is o.k..Lets face it most shaving creams are about all the same.I dont really know what makes one better than the other.I gave this shaving cream three stars meaning it is average.I rated this shaving cream on thickness,smell,price and how good it is at moisturizing.As far as thickness goes this shaving cream is not up to snuff.I have used many shaving creams before and most are thicker than this brand.Next up is the smell of this shave cream.I do like the smell.They offer this shaving cream in a few different scents.All of the scents I have tried were good.I like the peach one best.This shaving cream is inexpensive so that is good.The big let down with this shaving cream is the moisturizing factor.The main reason why I use shaving cream is that it leaves my legs soft and moisturized after shaving.The word moisturizing is in the title of this shaving cream but it dont do that great of a job at it.

goodd price

About Me Clean Shaven

Pros

• Close Shave
  • Protects Against Nicks & Cuts

Cons

• Clogs Razor

• Legs
  • Women

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

This shaving cream is cheap and it serves it's purpose. I have a lot of problems with shaving cream drying my legs out after. With this shaving cream I have to use lotion after I get out of the shower because my legs are dry and my skin feels funny. After I use the lotion my legs are soft and shiny and I get a close shave. It protects against cuts pretty well and it's fairly thick if you use a good amount. One thing I don't like about it is that it's kind of hard to rinse off the razor and I have to put it directly under the shower spray for a few seconds every swipe. But it is worth the price and works pretty well.

Overall I like this shave cream but there are a few things....

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

I like this shaving cream overall, but there are a couple of things that I would change. Mostly, the smells that they have to choose from. I have yet to find one that I really like in stock. The flower smelling ones are too strong and the fruity ones just smell odd. I would love to find a vanilla bean, or maybe an almond butter smell.

I love the Dry Skin formula because I have very sensitive skin and it works great! I find it to be much nicer to my skin than a lot of other brands that have a "dry skin" formula! I find that I have a lot less flaky looking skin issues after shaving with this cream than most other brands and always try to use this one if possible!

I was not particularly fond of the scent options, and I have tried most of them. They could improve that a little bit but none of them were completely intolerable. I would love it if they would do a less floraly smelling one. The floral scents are always so strong they make me sneeze.

Good & Cheap

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

Personally, whenever I think of shaving cream I automatically think of skintmate, because of all the advertisements and adds. I use to always use this brand until I was on a cheap budge one week I grabbed the cheaper bottle which so happened to be Pure Silk. This brand is just as equally effective as any other shaving cream I have used. They have several different scents that all smell great. This shaving cream also keeps your legs from drying out after each use and it also lathers up really good! After buying this that one time, I have continued to buy every since. I can't really tell a difference in the product at just. The scent just may not be as strong but it is still there. Very cost effective.

Leaves skin silky smooth

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

This is the best shaving cream ever. It gives a nice close shave and my skin stays hair free much longer. I no longer have any irrational or razor burn. The can lasts quite a while. Sometimes months. It's also very inexpensive. I definetly will no longer be shaving with the first soap I see.

My Favorite Shave Cream and I Love The Rust Proof Bottom!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

I Love Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream! I like to use coupons and I like to try most products before I choose my favorites. Because of this, I have tried most shave creams and gels out there. This is my absolute favorite! I definitely prefer the creams over the gels. The gels do not foam up as well. The gel is also slippy and before I get a chance to rub it into a foam, the spray from the shower washes it away. This cream works great and makes my legs feel great! Plus, you cannot beat the rust proof bottom. No rust stain rings in the shower from the bottom of the can like other ones I have used. It is also a good value. It is one of the cheapest shaving creams out there.

Pure Silk Shave Cream foams up perfectly. It does not irritate my skin like a few other shaving products have. It really gets me a close shave and makes my legs feel so smooth and soft.

This comes in a few different scents. I like all of them. The scent is not overpowering which I like.

Pure Silk Shaving Cream - Smooth and Luscious

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

Before receiving a can of Pure Silk Shaving Cream (Plumeria Breeze/Moisturizing With Aloe) as a Christmas gift last year I honestly believed that shaving cream was shaving cream. Pure Silk is different. It's rich and luxurious and definitely made for a woman. The rich lather protects against nicks and cuts and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. An added bonus and one of the things that I love most about it is that it comes in a rust-proof can! Awesome!

Pure Silk is very effective and delivers all that it promises and more. The rich lather protects against nicks and cuts, provides a close shave, and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. I use it on my legs and underarms and haven't experienced a nick or a cut since I started using it.

I have only one that I, personally, have used is Pure Silk's Plumeria Breeze and I love it. It smells fresh, clean, and very pleasant...sort of ocean fresh with a flowery undertone.

Quality Doesn't Always Cost More

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

Even though I hate the cheesy commercials for this product and the annoying jingle that comes along with it,I love the product itself. I have coarse hair and I need a thick, creamy product that helps the blade glide and adds moisture to give me a closer shave. The thing I love is that it's so inexpensive!

This is one of my favorite shaving creams. I never cut myself when I use this. It's easy to spread and rinse off of my razor. There have been plenty of times during warmer months that I literally saw my legs shine! This particular product definitely does add moisture.

I wish the company would expand and come out with a wider variety of fragrances! The ones they have are great, but they're very basic and for those who like to switch it up a bit, they'll have to purchase a more expensive brand which may or may not provide quality results. Women don't always want to smell the same and I think this would be a great way for the company to build a relationship with consumers. More scents please!

I wouldn't buy again.

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

I don't like spending much on certain items. Shaving cream happens to be one of them. I bought Pure Silk Coconut it was one of the cheapest ones on the shelf. Now, I don't have sensitive legs. I can put an cream, lotions, oil on and be fine. I'm not sure why when I used the Pure Silk, everywhere I had shaved was itchy! Real itchy! I tried using it again. The same thing happened. I stopped using it. They do smell great but i'm not going to risk it again.

Shaving creams works regardless to shave hairs off your legs. It's not a REAL smooth shave but it does work.

Good value shaving cream with nice scent

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

There's nothing all that special about this shaving cream, it does what shaving cream does. I don't find it makes my skin irritated and it helps me get a smoother, easier shave. It doesn't have any fancy added moisturizers or anything but it's a good price. It also smells very nice.

We love Pure Silk-legs feel like silk

Comments about Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream:

My daughters and I all use Pure Silk Shaving cream. It has a moisturizer that seems to work down deep into the layers of your skin. And it doesn't leave your legs and underarms feeling dry and in need of lotion. It's like shaving and putting on your lotion all at the same time.

Your skin feels perfectly smooth with no stubble at all. It seems to inhibit growth. With my old shave cream I could feel stubble the very next morning.

Love and light scent. Very clean