Other Sewing Machines:

Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine

Pros

Cons

Singer Confidence - give you confidence in your projects

I bought this Singer Confidence machine to replace my older Singer.  That one did not break, but I have progressed to a point in my sewing that I wanted more from my machine than my old beginner model.  This machine is so much fun to use.  There are so many different embroidery stitches to choose from to jazz up blakets and collars or hems.  I love that the cord is two pieces.  The cord for the foot pedal is separate from the power cord - meaning more manuverability and convenience in a cramped sewing room.  Easy button holer and thread cutter on the back.  You have to be sure that the needle is just right for the threader to work, but when everything is lined up - threading is easy!  It was a little expensive, but you could definatley spend a lot more.  I got it on sale and don't regret the purchase.  The Singer Confidence is a good middle of the road priced sewing machine that gives you a lot of choices and is not too much machine for the occasional sewer.

Wonderful starter machine for beginners.

I like this machine for beginners.  There are alot of decorative stitches that give beginners the impression that they are really accomplishing something.  It's relatively easy to thread and load the bobbin.

I love it.

from Marietta, Ohio.

About Me Novice

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

I use to sew with my grandma as a child and thought it would be something I could pick up again. This sewing machine is very modern compared to the ones that I previously used, so it took some time to get use to. It has a very nice screen, that once I got adjusted became very easy to use.
The stitching is very even and clean. I was very impressed. Compared to the 1950's model I grew up on - this thing was near perfect.
I was able to make lots of cute little crafts and projects this machine.
It does take me some time to thread. I think I'll get better once I fully understand the machine.
Overall, I've had for 6 months with no problems besides my own simpleness. It's a great machine. I think it will last a long time and look forward to many more years with it.

• Was this a gift?:

Love I or Hate It

from Nashville, TN

About Me Experienced

Pros

• Can Withstand Use
  • Easy To Use
  • Versatile

Cons

• Home

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

This is a sewing machine with both pros and cons. Overall I like it and have been able to use it to create many great items.

Pros:

- LCD Screen is easy to see s you always have the right settings
    - One button technology makes this sewing machine simple to use. It is great for beginners.
    - Comes with a number of accessories
    - 25 year warranty

And, of course, there are a lto of cons of this sewing machine as well.

- You need additional light if you plan to use the machine at night
    - It takes a long time to thread with the auto-threader

Overall this is a sewing machine that has benefited me greatly. I find it a nice space saver, and it was affordable price. It allows me to sew many different items, and it has very few disadvantages. The cost is just over $250 but this is money well spent. The machine is durable, fun to use, and great for everyone to use!

• Was this a gift?:

I Love It! This machine is great in every way.

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

This machine is easy to use, it has a variety of options for stitch length and style. It is handy for crafts and small projects as well as larger scale projects. I have no complaints whatsoever about this product.

Stitch Performance
    This Singer does not catch, it is always smooth and even. This machine is perfect in every way.

I loved my old sewing machine, but I had lots of problems with it. This one has given me none. It is extremely simple and easy to use, without compromising any quality or complexity.

Fabric Handling
    You can hardly tell that there is any fabric there at all, it is just so smooth and perfect!

Versatility
    There are several stitching options, all easy to use and understand, as well as an easy surface to work with.

The design is simple and uncluttered, but it is also elegant and advanced.

I really can't say much about its durability yet, since I have had it for less than a year, but it is wonderful so far.

Review of Sewing Machine

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

Overall this product is well above average. It is one of the most modern sewing machine I have seen and overall it offers versatility and a wide range of features that make it really valuable overall. It is fast, reliable, but a little complicated at first to use. This machine overall is probably best for the experienced seamstress.

Stitch Performance
    The stitch performance was well above average. Once you figure out all the stitch options and all the modern tools on this machine the stitch performance is truly impressive. This machine offers a wide variety of stitches from the ordinary to the very extravagant stitches.

This machine is a bit complicated but once you have mastered its modern tools, its ease of use is pretty good. To fully appreciate this machine you need to thoroughly read the owner's manual and practice on a few scraps of clothing but afterward its ease of use is well above average.

Fabric Handling
    Once you have mastered the basics on this machine and understand its mechanics, the fabric handling is well above average as well. It is a little tricky for the beginner but the advanced seamstress should have not problem navigating the fabric handling of this sewing machine. Once mastered, the fabric handling is fast and smooth creating a professional looking product.

Versatility
    Part of the modern tools supplied with this sewing machine is that it is extremely versatile. It can sew a wide variety of stitches and handles a large variety of types of garments.

The design of this sewing machine is above average. It has a professional look and does not take up too much room on your sewing table.

This sewing machine is not cheap and is solidly built so its durability is above average.

• Versatility:

Easy to use, durable and does what I need it to do.

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

This is a great product for beginners and intermediate sewing hobbyists. This is the first machine that I have bought and I am very satisfied with it's durability and quality. The stitches available on the machine are useful, numerous and diverse. I especially love the zigzag for seams on my shirts and the decorative stitches are useful and look great.

Stitch Performance
    This is not a full on professional machine but the stitch performance is more than up to par for the cost of the machine. I have not had any seams rip so far and everything has held together nicely even on clothes that see lots of use.

So much easier than the machine I used to borrow that was twenty or more years old. It hardly gets caught up and it goes through medium weight fabrics just fine.

Fabric Handling
    Great as long as you don't expect it to go through leather or thick upholstery.

Versatility
    Does everything I need it to do besides make the pattern for me! Very versatile indeed.

Not too worried about its look but the functionality of the machine is great so I would say the design is just fine.

So far so good! I can see this lasting a while with proper care.

My SINGER MY WAY

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

The world's best sewing machine I bet!. For generations we have used SINGER in our house. Singer provides a comfortable stiching and sewing experience. It comes handy even to an inexperienced tailors or new to the tailoring. It has multiple options to sew with. A real tailor made solution to the stitching challenges. This machine comes with 30 built in stitching variety to give a try with 2-1 step button holes.stitch width and length are adjustable.It provides a 5 step snap on presser feet and the foot lever has two height settings, up and down. When the functional capabilities is concerned it has a long list of functions. Namely, drop and sew bobbin system, auto needle threader, variable 13 needle positions and smooth thread delivery system. offers an extension table too. There is an LED indicator to help us. It runs quietly and also light weight. My families second Singer machine, my overall opinion is GO WITH SINGER.

• Versatility:

Singer makes great sewing machines

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

I got this as a gift and it has been absolutely wondeful. It has so many features that I am still learning how to use them, and still being pleasantly surprised at all the awesome things I can do with this machine. It is sturdy and durable, and very easy to use. The stitches are very tight and solid, and it makes a great product.

• Versatility:

Always wanted to learn how to sew

from Houston, tx

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

I have always wanted to learn to sew. I never knew that I could ever learn. I watched my grandmother sew various items and was in awe of her talents. She would sew hats, scarves, blankets, clothes and other items. She made it look so easy but I new it would be so hard. I would watch but never asked because I knew it would be difficult. I have received this as a gift from my grandmother and I was happy to have my own sewing kit. I always wanted to make my own fashion clothes, scarves and other items. I wanted to create something of my own that I liked.

I never thought that sewing could be so easy. This product makes it so easy. The functions are easy to use and the directions are easy. I went to a sewing class and took this with me. It made learning to sew easy and fun. I am learning the basics right now but I can't wait until I get to the more intermediate and advanced sewing. This sewing machine is perfect for beginners. The color is great. I always thought sewing machines only came in white but I was wrong. I am such a girly girl and glad they have such a color that defines my tastes. My grandmother knew I would like this color. The functions are easy to figure out and everyone in class love my sewing machine. They asked me where I can find one and I send them to where my grandmother got it.

The price is great as well. The other sewing machines are so much higher in price compared to this one and this one works great for me!

I give this product an overall rating of a 10 out of a 10. I recommend this product especially for beginners and those looking for a low price sewing machine

I am a beginner and this is easy to use. The directions are easy. I always thought it would be complicated to learn but this sewing machine makes it easy

Love the color. I am a girly girl and I need a girly color. I am absolutely in love with this color

The best Sewing Machine you will ever own

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

I love this sewing machine, I use it to sew quilts and make some of my own clothes. It is light weight and easy to store away. The Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine has every stitched that I will ever need, I recommend this to everyone who wants the best Sewing Machine.

• Versatility:

This Singer gave me the confidence to sew!

from Conway Springs, KS

Comments about Singer Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine:

I have always wanted to be the type of person that sews, but found dealing with sewing machines to be frustrating and difficult.  I received the Singer Confidence sewing machine as a present for Christmas and I truly LOVE to use it.  The steps for threading the needle and filling the bobbin are numbered step-by-step right on the machine.  Once you are finished filling the bobbin, all you have to do is drop the bobbin in place and pull the thread back, you don't even have to pull the thread up through the hole using the needle, etc, as you do on many other machines.  It truly is a drop and go bobbin!  The manual that comes with the machine is incredibly helpful for learning which stitches to use on which fabrics.  Another nice thing about this machine is that the foot is very easy to change out.  The machine also features a removable drawer that pulls out and turns the machine from flat sewing to free-arm sewing, which is very nice for sewing hems on pant legs.  About the only complaint that I can think of is that the cord for the pedal isn't very long - it could use to be a foot or so longer.  Love love love this machine!