Other Sewing Machines:
Janome Jem Platinum Computerized Sewing Machine

Janome Jem Platinum Computerized Sewing Machine

Excellent buttonholes

from Seattle WA

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Versatile

Cons

• Home
    • Travel

Comments about Janome Jem Platinum Computerized Sewing Machine:

This makes the best buttonholes. I have another large, do-everything-type machine but I keep this one in my sewing studio for the excellent buttonholes. Just pop the button in the special presser foot and it's perfect every time. Instead of sewing down one side and up the other it sews in the same direction on both sides of the button hole so there's no distortion.

• Was this a gift?:

The Janome JP720 makes sewing fun

from Lockport, NY

Comments about Janome Jem Platinum Computerized Sewing Machine:

I got the Janome sewing machine as a gift.  I wasn't much of a seamstress, bit the new sewing machine made me a convert. It is extremely easy to thread and the needle threading guide takes all the worry out of getting the thread into the eye of the needle.  I am very pleased with the smoothness of operation, and that the machine is easily adaptable to many thicknesses of fabric. It is lightweight, and small enough to not take up alot of room on my sewing table.  I found the instruction booklet to be easy to understand, printed in several languages and the pictures accompanying each step were quite helpful.  A beginner can use this sewing machine easily and it has enough variety of functions to keep even the best seamstress happily sewing all kinds of projects.  I heartily recommend this sewing machine as a quality addition to anybody's sewing equipment.  The machine is moderately expensive, but is worth every penny invested in it.  Additional bobbins may be purchased as well as many other optional attachments, but the basic machine is everything that I could hope for in a sewing machine.