4.8

Pros

Cons

Excellent for beginners!

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I am very new to sewing. I didn't want to spend an obscene amount on a machine but, I also wanted one that was good quality. I feel like I actually know what I am doing with this one. It took a little time to set up but, then I got the hang of it.

Stitch Performance
I think the stitch performance was great. I have sewed items like clothing as well as curtains. Just to give you an idea of different materials, and it did a great job with the stitching.

I was so relieved when I got this machine! Since I had never owned one, I put it off for a couple of years because, I was afraid it would be too difficult. My only regret is that I didnt buy it sooner!

Fabric Handling
I haven't had any issues with it tearing up my fabric or getting stuck so, I am really happy on that end so far. I have only owned mine for about four months so, I may not have as much experience with that.

Versatility
It is absolutely versatile. That was probably the biggest selling point for me. I am still trying to figure out my niche and I didn't want to get a machine that was specific to one type of sewing. I am an artist so, I kind bounce all over the place with ideas and this machine allows me to change my interests at leisure.

I think it's a great design as far as how much space it occupies. I like that it's not huge and bulky. Otherwise, they could have a little fun with color and style without compromising function.

So far, so good. Again, I have only owned it four months but, it seems pretty hefty. I will update later if anything should arise.

Love Love Love

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

Hands down, I love this machine. My first sewing machine was purchased when I was 14 years old. It lasted for decades. I finally gave in and bought this machine thinking I would use it more for crafting then sewing and I would enjoy the embroidery options - and I do. However it is a joy to sew with this machine. It has a foot peddle but I don't use it. I thought adjusting to using just the hand controls to run the machine was going to be difficult to learn and get used too but it just wasn't so. I actually feel like I have more control by just using the buttons to sew.

This machine is so easy to use for sewing. I love the diagram for threading and the push button needle threading makes it so easy to use. Even my kids can use this machine and follow the threading directions. The embroidery works well too. It does take a few steps to get everything set up but once done, it works on it's own and is fun to watch.

Great Sewing Machine

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I purchased my Brother Computerized sewing machine about 8 years ago and have loved it ever since. I have had no problems with the machine, it's super easy to operate and really easy to transport. I love the fact that the machine doesn't require any special needles or bobbins and that they are easy to find. I love the PED software that lets you download thousands of designs from the internet. This is probably the best machine i have ever owned, it leaves great stitches every time, no having to go back and restitching. It's a very versatile machine, will sew almost any fabric. The design is great, it makes it great for a stationary work area as well as it's really easy to take anywhere with you. This is a very durable machine that will last for years and years to come. I'm sure when mine finally wears out, i will definatly be purchasing another just like it. The cost is a great value and can be found at most local department stores. I would recommend the Brother Computerized Sewing machine to anyone.

Great Sewing Machine

from New York, NY

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

My mother recently hinted that she wanted to learn how to sew. As such, for her most recent birthday we decided to purchase a sewing machine for her. Given that I have very little knowledge about sewing machines I decided to go to the store and speak with customer service representatives and ask them for their advice. I explained to them that I wanted something that I wanted an entry level sewing machine that would be easy and intuitive to use for Mother. They recommended this Brother Computerized Sewing Machine.

We gave the sewing machine to my Mother for her birthday and she could not be any happier. The fact that it has almost 100 different stitch functions and almost as many embroidery designs allow my Mother to try her hand at anything she so desires all at the touch of a button. It really is that simple.

Best yet, this sewing machine was extremely affordable. I would rate this as 5 stars and highly recommend it, especially for beginners wishing to jump in and not feel overwhelmed.

Awesome for my crafts!

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I like to do a lot of crafts and sewing in my spare time and for a year I stitched every doll, shirt, and hat by hand. It took such a long time that I often gave up on projects before I was even half way done with them. I bought this sewing machine because it was such a great value and I've absolutely loved it! It makes an incredible difference in the way I craft and the projects I can undertake.

Stitch Performance
The stitches form this machine are always beautiful and even. It actually looks like I know what I'm doing when I sew now.

It took me a while to figure out how to thread the needle and get everything working and I ended up with a few knots, but with a little practice I had it more or less figured out in about a week and a half.

Fabric Handling
To be fair I've only used this on the same types of thinner cotton fabrics, but I really like how great the machine handles them.

Considering how bad I messed up threading the machine the first time I'm a little amazed I didn't break anything. It survived me, it can survive anyone.

• Versatility:

This sewing machine makes it easy to Sew, especially for Newbies

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I have always heard good things about Brother products. When I was in the market for a sewing machine, I already knew which product brand I was aiming for. I am in between a new sewing person, but not yet a expert sewing person. Because this machine is computerized you can't go wrong with it. It is simply just a matter of setting it correctly and off you go. I like the precision and attention to detail it provides. great sewing machine

Stitch Performance
Very good variety of stitches available from easy to complex

Easy to use, as long as you are able to set it correctly and you would have to work overtime to get it wrong

Fabric Handling
It handles certain fabrics very well. I did have a tough time with the heavy denim material I worked with at one time

I love the sleek design of the machine. It actually makes me look like a better sew-er that I actually am

Very durable machine, Mine has been dinged and even dropped on one occasion and still works as well as it did when I first got it

• Versatility:

Never used a sewing machine before this one! Awesome!

from Chino, CA

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I recently started selling women's clothing online so I decided to invest in a sewing machine because a lot of times there would be minor rips or tears that I need to sew up. So I wanted to spend the least amount of money possible on an automatic sewing machine. 40 bucks got me this Brother Computerized Sewing Machine!

Stitch Performance
I use it to stitch up very minor rips or tears and it performs perfectly for me.

I did have to read the manual because I have never used an automatic sewing machine before, but it was very easy to learn. I think the more expensive ones would probably be a little more complicated.

Fabric Handling
It hasn't messed up any of my fabrics.

Versatility
I am giving this section 4 stars only because I haven't used it for any complicated tasks yet other than stitching up minor rips or tears.

I love the small compact design. You can easily put the machine away and store it when not in use. It's lightweight and small.

It's lasted for a few months so far without any problems.

• Versatility:

The best sewing machine ever!

from Eureka Springs, AR

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I am completely in love with this sewing machine. It is so easy to use and it does so much! Talking about easy! Cannot find any easier machine to use. I am not very crafty but this makes me look good. I am so proud to use it! It makes me better than I actually am. You have to have it!

• Versatility:

Not sure if it's worth it.

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I got this as a gift. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I feel bad for who purchased it. It is expensive for what you're getting. Sure, its stitches are good quality and it's somewhat easy to use, but I feel like you could get the same thing for much cheaper.

• Versatility:

Oh Brother...this is a great machine!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Brother Computerized Sewing Machine:

I received my Brother sewing machine for Christmas from my mother in law. I'm a beginner sewing and was very intimidated by this machine! I absolutely love it now. I love the automatic threader and bobbin threader. I have not had any problems with this machine. Everything that I make has turned out beautiful. I love the embroidery option on it too, although I have not used it as much as I wish. I would definitely recommend this machine to anyone that enjoys sewing and likes to embroider. Brother's customer service is top notch and are very willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have. I have had this machine for almost 5 years and have only had to take it in once for a minor repair (something to do with the needle and threading). All in all, a great machine for anyone that enjoys sewing. :)