4.1
Singer
Singer Computerized Sewing Machine

Singer Computerized Sewing Machine

4.1

NEVER buy a Singer again!!!

from Florida

Comments about Singer Computerized Sewing Machine:

Purchased in January 2013 - first time I used it to do lettering - and the letters did not space properly. When I watched the Sellers perform on the machine - they gave the impression the machine would save words that may be sewed over and over. It does not. The food peddle sticks and the machine keeps sewing when released by 2-3 stiches. Sometime the bobbin wont wind (yes I threaded it correctly!). Now 3 years later, was sewing zigzag and it just quits. All it does is beep. Called and the lady could not do a thing - she had me trouble shoot all the same things I did prior to the call. She said I have to ship it to them, pay shipping both ways and pay for Labor to fix it..Really, shipping both ways and labor would probably cost what I paid. See Companies today can make cheap products, sell them and charge an arm and leg to fix what they know is going to break down. DON'T BUY A SINGER...I should have known better!

Great machine!

Comments about Singer Computerized Sewing Machine:

Very nice machine for anyone. I sew constantly and found this machine to be quite enjoyable. From sewing clothing to hats or blankets and hats. Straight stitch lines. No binding up of bobbin thread. This machine would be good for beginners and pros alike

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

Singer's Really Sing

from Provo, UT

Comments about Singer Computerized Sewing Machine:

The Singer 7470 Computerized Sewing Machine is a wonderful household item to own.  It has easy instructions to follow, both for threading/maintenance, and for programming.  The machine operates smoothly.  I have never had any problems with it except when trying to sew really heavy materials like denim.  These machines are not as tough as the old ones.  I still use my old one whenever I have to sew denim or anything that is equally thick. Overall however, I greatly enjoy having a Singer machine.  They operate well, and don't break easily.  When they do break it is usually something small and is easily fixed or repaired.  I would highly recommend that every household acquire a singer.  They are good machines to have and can do several kinds of specialized stitching that used to have to be done by hand.  It makes life much easier to be able to program a stitch you want in to the machine and have it sew it for you.  These machines are great at saving time.  Now instead of hours of hand-stitching it takes about half the time and it often looks better.

Very easy to use machine for your everyday sewer!

from Albertville, MN

Comments about Singer Computerized Sewing Machine:

I got this Singer 7470 Computerized Sewing Machine so that I could sew clothes, cloth diapers and toys for my children.

I absolutely love everything about this machine. It has so many stitch options to choose from so that you can do nearly everything! From sewing in elastic to attaching zippers, I don't know if I have ever seen a machine that is as user friendly as this one. All you have to do is look a the diagram, select your stitch (possibly switch feet) and begin sewing!!

The only problem I have ever had with this machine is that something happened so that if I was stitching at the far left, it would miss the stitch. The same thing would happen if I was doing a wide zig zag - the left most stitch would not catch. A quick warranty adjustment and it was back to being as good as new!

The only thing that I could see as being an issue with this machine is that the number of stitches it can do could be very overwhelming if you tried to absorb it all at once. Take your time and you'll be turning out very complex pieces of work in no time!

After 3 years of Use of the Singer 7470 Sewing Machine

from Lawrenceburg, TN

Comments about Singer Computerized Sewing Machine:

For 3 years I have been using the Singer 7470 Sewing machine and have had a blast making all sorts of different clothes, with all sorts of materials, and have experienced no machine problems!

One thing I love about the Singer 7470 is that it is a great option for those like me who currently cannot afford those expensive embroidery machines. This machine allows you to write every letter of the alphabet (even accented letters for those who speak Spanish), numbers, and even things like exclamation marks!  I used those features to label cloth napkins. In addition, you can pick out a bunch of different designs like bows, dogs, flowers, swirlies, and many more. Use those to make pretty designs on the hems of an apron, skirts, and more!

Even with all the electronics, it is simple to use. Ever dread those big instruction books? I did, until I saw Singer included a simple quick instruction paper. I was able to learn how to thread the sewing machine in just a few minutes!

And my favorite feature of all? The Threader! I no longer have to strain my eyes to get the thin thread through the needle. Now, I don't have to worry about wearing glasses!

Worth it

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Singer Computerized Sewing Machine:

This was a great purchase, this is my first sewing machine and have to say i made the right choice.  It was not too expensive and easy to use for someone with not alot of experiance.  I love the online tutorials they have and look forward to some of the projects

Singer 7470 Sewing Machine - WOW, what a great buy!

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Singer Computerized Sewing Machine:

I have only been sewing for less then 2 months! I originally bought the Singer Simple model. It was a great tool in teaching me basic threading and sewing technique; but I quickly outgrew it! The "simple" became not so simple when it came to bobbin thread and performance. It was a nightmare to continually have to re-thread the bobbin. That, along with various other factors, led to the search for an upgraded sewing machine. At first I was intimidated by the "electronic" features of the newer models, although now I am not sure why that is so. I LOVE THIS MACHINE! I have yet to really play around with it, but the basics of just threading and straight stitching have proven to be far superior to the "simple" model when it comes to ease of use and performance. 1. The "Confidence" does not jump up and down on the table, like the "simple". 2. The bobbin has given me ZERO problems when it comes to threading and clean sewing. No more messed up or broken bobbin thread! 3. The Auto tension has performed perfectly so far. 4. The "Confidence" is less noisy than the "simple". 5. Overall, the "Confidence" flows smoothly. The electronic features take some time to get used to; but having so many stitches to choose from makes sewing all the more fun. As previously noted, I am a complete novice. But to be able to quickly thread and start sewing, and come out with a quality garment is a tribute to the user friendly design of the "Confidence". The instruction manual is sufficient in its definitions, descriptions, and photos ... enough to make sense. The included accessories with the "Confidence" are valuable.