Other Baby Formulas:
Models:
SENSITIVE, 50817, 50819
Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula

Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula

Pros

• Mixes easily (5)
  • Keeps well (4)
  • No constipation (3)

• Newborn (5)
  • Infants (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (5)

I loved Similac Sensitive!!

My son started off drinking the Similac Advanced with Triple Shield. I took comfort in knowing that he was getting the formula with the most health benefits, but noticed that he was very gassy, fussy and uncomfortable. First I tried switching the style of bottles we were using and that helped but it still didn't fix the problem. So then we asked his pediatrician what we should do for him, and he suggested switching to the Similac Sensitive. Worked like a charm! I immediately noticed a difference after the first feeding, and within a week he was doing so much better. He wasn't gassy and fussy and uncomfortable any more. He was full, happy and healthy. My son stayed on this formula until he was one and switched to whole milk. The only downside to this formula was the enormous recall that happened , thankfully, after my son stopped drinking it. Even though this formula worked so well for my son, I still see empty shelves with signs from the recall. It makes me wonder how much I can trust this brand now that I'm pregnant again. My daughter is due in only 3 months.  I'm now looking into trying Enfamil. If for some reason it seems like she isn't doing well with Enfamil then I would consider going back to the Similac Sensitive since it worked so well for my son.

Similac Sensitive has corn syrup & sugar as first ingredients!

**Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas Infant Formula** is designed for babies that have lactose intolerance or experience negative side effects when they drink traditional baby formula.

I'm reviewing this...Read complete review

I'm reviewing this product because I went online to see what the ingredients were in this formula. I wanted to know what made it "sensitive". I was disappointed to see that instead of milk, the first ingredients were corn syrup solids and sugar. I understand that the lactose in milk can cause some babies with negative side-effects, but I don't like that those two ingredients were the main ingredients in this formula.

If your baby has issues with lactose, I'm sure you don't have very many options and need to use **Similac Sensitive for Fussiness & Gas Infant Formula**, but since mine doesn't, I'll stick with my Similac Organic Formula.

Easily Digested
My son was recently in the hospital and the nurses gave me bottles of this Similac Sensitive Formula to give to my 7-month old son. He drank this formula in the hospital and all of the remaining bottles once we got home. He experienced no gas, spit-up or other problems while drinking this formula, but he doesn't experience any problems with lactose either.

Ease of Preparation
Easy to prepare, just add the powder formula to water in the bottle.

works great for my little ones gas

from Ohio

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

Cons

• Stains

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

my little one was ebf till 4 months old and I could feed her do to medication and we just couldn't get back on track so we had a little trial and error to find one that worked well for my baby

I will continue to buy this product!

from Hartford, WI

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Mixes Easily

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

I did not use name brand formulas with my first child after hearing scary reviews. However, this formula was recommended by our doctor for our second child as she struggled with constipation and gas from only a few weeks old. When we switched formulas to Similac Sensitive, the constipation was gone! This product also does not clump which allows for a smooth feeding experience.

AMAZING STUFF

from Fort Lauderdale Fl

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily
  • No Constipation

Cons

• Stains

• Preemies

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

After using so many Different Brands and Kinds of Formula for my daughter why did not go potty without help for 2 months We finally had the best luck with this brand Its PERFECT for any baby with a bad tummy

Happy baby is a happy mom

from West Covina , ca

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Mixes Easily

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

My 4 week old daughter was very gassy causing her to be fussy . changed formulas from unfamilia gentlease to gerber smooth and found no differnce in her fussiness. Then she began to spit up really bad so tried dr. Brown bottles before making the decision to change our 4 week old formuka for a third time . I was hesitant to change Her formula again worried it would make her stomach hurt more. after reading the reviews for similac sensitive I decided to buy a can and make the change Hoping for best but fearing the worse .... I immediatly seen the positive results making this change to similac sensitive . She immediately was sleeping better and content through out the day :)bests decison I made for her , I just wish I would of used this sooner and avoided the other two formulas .

Happy baby is a happy mom

from West Covina , ca

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Keeps Well
    • Mixes Easily
    • No Constipation

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

My daughter is 5 weeks old and has been gassy since we left hospital . Hospital started her with infamil gentlease after a week or two we switched to gerber good start which she was still gassy and noticed her stomach was bloated .We decided to try the dr.Brown bottles to see if that would help, Unfortunaly she continued to be gassy and began spitting up more then before after aprox. 3 weeks of using this formula so a this pointe we decided to try similac sensitive. I was so nervous to change her formula a 3rd time worried it would hurt her stomach and make things worse. But watching her spit up large amounts of formula and crying from gas pains - I had to figure something out besides milocon drops. We took the chance and bought a can of Similac and I can honesty say the positive results were immediately noticed! She didn't spit it up like gerber and she isn't fussy at all . I'm so thankful we tried the similac sentive and wish I would of used this formula sooner to satisfy her little tummy.

Good For Upset Babies

from Utah

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

This formula does work quite well for fussy and gassy babies. It seems to help their digestion directly, so it can take care of the fussiness and the gas. Although it costs a little more than other formulas, it is probably worth the extra money.

Easily Digested
      This formula was quite easy for our babies to digest, and it did seem to help with the gas and upset stomach problems that they had. They were much more contented when awake, and they had far less burping and spit-up. They also slept much better through the night, which I believe was the result of using a formula that was gentle on their stomachs and helped them be more comfortable.

Ease of Preparation
      This formula is very simple to mix with water in a bottle. We use a vent air bottle that helps prevent the baby from swallowing too much air. With this type of bottle, you can shake the formula to mix it without fear of the baby getting too much air. This ability makes this formula even easier to mix and to use.

Similac Sensitive

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

Similac Sensitive seriously saved my sanity and my babies tummy. My daughter had such horrible stomach issues when she was born and no formula we tried helped, until our pediatrician recommend Similac Sensitive. Within 2 days she was a different baby. No more crying in pain, she was smiling and sleeping so much better. We later found out she has lactose problems so this formula is wonderful if you baby is lactose sensitive or has other gas issues.

Easily Digested
      My daughter digested this formula wonderfully. She had less spit up with this formula and way less gas and fussiness. Burped easily and her tummy was very happy on the Similac Sensitive.

Ease of Preparation
      Super easy to prepare. Just pour in the amount of water needed and then add in however many scoops of formula needed. I always found it best to place my finger over the nipple and sort of swish the bottle around until it was all mixed in. I've also made this in pitchers so I could have a days worth of bottles ready to go.

• Ease of Preparation:

I have used this in the past.

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

I personally love this specific formula, not just the similac brand but the similac sensitive formula. I have used this formula before we switched to a cheaper brand, and occasionally when I have the extra cash to afford this one. I personally love this formula,but I know that some moms and dads don't like it because of the fact that it has sugar as one of its ingredients, but that doesn't bug me because she does so well onthe sensitive formula compared to the regular.

Easily Digested
      My daughter does really great with this formula, and I know a few babies that do really well on it also, but every baby is different, but for the most part my daughter does exceptionally well with digesting this formula, better than the regular that's for sure.

Ease of Preparation
      This formula is pretty much the same as every other powder-based formula when it comes to preparations, it is easiest if you are making the bottle with warm or hot water. If you make it with cold water then you do have to shake it for about four minutes straight for it to completely dissolve.

• Ease of Preparation:

I love love love Similac!

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

I originally started out with Similac Advance, the blue canister, with my first child after breast feeding for the first 3 months. Unfortunately it was a rough transition for him to formula. He was constantly gassy, got constipated, and spit it up more. I switched him to Similac Sensitive hoping it would help with the gas and spit up. I am SO glad I did! I was dreading having to go back to breast feeding.. as much as I loved it.. I just wasn't producing enough to meet his needs. With my second child I breast fed for 3-4 months also until she started demanding more like my son had. I didn't even bother with Similac Advance I started her transition with Similac Sensitive over 2 week period. She has done excellent with it!!

Easily Digested
      Although my children typically were good, every now and then they would get constipated from the formula which is understandable I suppose.

Ease of Preparation
      Beyond simple to do when your half asleep and need to make a bottle with one hand while your holding your child in the other.

• Ease of Preparation:

Similac: Sensitive works best for my baby!

Comments about Similac for Fussiness & Gas Baby Formula:

Similac: sensitive has satisfied me!! I really like this brand and now I love this formula. At first I was trying the Advance kind but my baby did not go well with it. I switch to this kind and he is doing much better, better with his gases, constipation and feeling great.

Easily Digested
      The ease to digest is great, my baby who is now 2 weeks old has had a good experience with this formula. I decided to switch from the advance kind because it was constipating him a lot maybe because of the iron it had, but once I gave him this kind he has been feeling much better. Before he used to cry, act anxious and gassy, when I switched to this kind he has stopped and now sleeps well. I am a big fan of similac, my mom used it with her children and in the hospital they gave my baby this kind too. I sticked with it because I want the best for my baby and whats better for me and my family. I recommend it to babies with difficulties with other formulas you should try this and see how it goes. It is sensitive for your little babies tummy.

Ease of Preparation
      The ease of preparation is the same as other formulas, for each 2 ounces you pore 1 cap flat of formula, shake it and done! I personally prefer to warm up the water before poring the formula just to keep it warm and better for the baby.