Other Baby Formulas:

Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula

Pros

Cons

Not a preemie but, Low-weight, slow-weight newborn

I have 6 children. With my last three, they all had weight gain issues and were losing more weight in the first month of their life after birth. They were not pre-mature or preemies, but, they were all gestational diabeties babies during my pregnancy. Their blood sugars were all low and had to supplement formula after birth. I breast fed all of them but, in the beginning they struggled with weight gain even while breastfeeding. Even though the doctor told me to keep breastfeeding, pumping and supplementing with a bottle with my breast milk, the weight was not going up. So, I took it into my own hands and researched the formulas. My husband and I found Neosure, and it said for pre-mature babies, for weight gain. So, we bought it hoping it would help. I supplemented for 1 week while breastfeeding (giving 1/2 - 1 ounce of formula after every breastfeed). And in 1 week, they gained weight! My older son, weighed in at 9 lbs, 5 oz at birth and lost 2.5 lbs after birth (in 2 weeks) and could not gain back his birth weight in 4 weeks. After using Neosure he gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks. The same exact thing with my daughter would weighed the same 9 lbs 5 oz at birth and lost 2 lbs after birth. She also had trouble gaining proper weight after birth. After 2 weeks of her birth, we used Neosure and she gained the appropriate weight of 2.5 lbs by her 4th week of life. Now our last child, still a newborn, is having trouble gaining weight. He was born 9 lbs 4 oz and his last appointment he weight in at 7 lbs, 15 oz. They told me to continue to breast feed again. So, this time I am going to use NeoSure again to help him gain weight. He is now almost 4 weeks and still 7 lbs, 15 oz. So, we know that NeoSure will work on him just like my other two. Thanks Similac for creating a formula to help babies gain the proper weight! I know that this formula isn't only intended for preemies but, for low-birth weight newborns as well.

Neosure, why must you gouge the preemies?

My daughter was born 5 weeks premature, which isn't horribly early, but she also had intrauterine growth restriction, so she was really a pipsqueak at just a little over 4 pounds. I was very, very, very sick when she was born so I was not able to breastfeed as I had originally intended, so she was started on Similac Neosure in the NICU.

I don't have any complaints about Neosure as a product. It helped my baby catch up in growth; she went from way below the charts in length to being just about average height. She's still a slim little thing, but that's just genetics, I think; her father was a skinny kid, too. We had some issues with reflux her first year, but that's not Neosure's fault. We actually tried a couple of other formulas, and they all made her puke, so Neosure didn't irritate her stomach any more than any other formula.

My only complaint is that I think companies see the word "preemie" and think, "Hey, let's charge a whole lot more for everything! The parents are so traumatized they'll pay anything!" This formula is expensive! It costs quite a bit more than regular Similac, and they don't package it in the jumbo containers that help you save money, just in the littlest (and most expensive per ounce) powder tubs. I wish they didn't feel the need to price-gouge premature babies!

Easy to digest

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

My little one has been on Neosure ever since her early delivery.She's growing well on it and eating wellOnly issues she's had is hiccups,gas and spit up issues.Good bowels on it too.Once she started gaining too much weight I cut back the formula amount she was getting by putting less and adding more water she's doing fantastic

Easily Digested
Little one had no issues with digestion

Higher Priced, But Good Quality

from Utah

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

This product is highly recommended for extremely young babies, especially ones who need extra supplementation in order to ensure proper development and weight gain. We have seen good results from this product, probably better results than when we tried the cheaper off-brand products. Although it is more expensive, for a young baby needing good nutrition, this product is worth the extra investment.

Easily Digested
Our children have never had any spit-up or stomach issues from the use of this product. They seem to digest it just fine, and it has helped them when they needed extra supplementation for weight gain.

Ease of Preparation
This formula powder is simply mixed into a bottle with water. We typically use a vent-air bottle to help prevent our babies from swallowing too much air, and with this design of a bottle, you can shake the bottle to mix it without the baby swallowing the air bubbles developed from shaking.

Not a preemie but, Low-weight, slow-weight newborn

Great for preemies!

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

This is what my son who was born 5 weeks premature ate to help him gain weight. He was born weighing 4 lbs 2 oz 16in long and I tried to breast feed him put he was so tiny he would not latch at all.. so I pumped for him but my milk dried up within 2 months and I tried everything to keep it. Thankfully his pediatrician recommended this formula to help my lil guy gain weight.. He did so well with this we used it up till he was one it helped him keep up his weight and stayed right where he needed to be percentile wise. . He now weights 26 lbs and is very healthy and happy!

Easily Digested
Very easy to digest my son loved it!

Ease of Preparation
Preparation is super easy!

• Ease of Preparation:

this product is very good for the newborn

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

I think this is a very good product for babies . Almost every one in the United Stes that have new born babies use this in particular brand for their young. When have you ever heard this product of being bad for babies. it is very easy to prepare , parents love it because it isnt that much work and overall babies love it. Similac is very easy to find they sell it everywhere . They even sell it inside of the grocery stores.

Easily Digested
I belive that this product is very easily digested because after you this the substance it becomes a liquid. Which is easily digested , all liquids are easily digested. Especially for a baby this product if very easily digested because all they have to do is suck and swallow.

Ease of Preparation
This product is very easy to prepare however, if you read the instructions on the can it will tell you how to prepare this product. It doesn't take a genius to fix similac . all you need is water and a little powder which should be measured to fix a bottle of similac . Some people warm up the milk after this is prepared.

This Formula Helped My Premature Baby

from Virginia

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

Blessed that this formula exists! My second daughter was born premature and weighed 4 lbs and dropped down to 3 lbs 10 oz. She didn't take to Regular Similac. Since she was having a hard time gaining weight the doctor suggested Neosure. This formula has extra calories per serving and these calories make the biggest difference in my baby gaining weight. I felt like she needed the extra nutrients because she was so early and so small. I'm blessed that there was a formula designed for babies who needed an extra boost and now my premature baby is going on 3 years old and healthy. She is still small for her age but she is thriving and I think it's because of this formula giving her a head start.

Easily Digested
This formula was easily digested by my child, she never had any stomach issues.

Ease of Preparation
Just add water to the powder and swirl or shake.Dissolves fast and little or no clumping. Easy to store.

• Ease of Preparation:

Excellent additive for weight gain

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

Both my son and daughter were born prematurely, and Neosure was recommended to us by our doctors in the neonatal ICU. My children's primary nutrition was breastmilk, but to encourage weight gain early on, we added Neosure to the breastmilk in their bottles. As our first child got older, we substituted other brands of formula for the Neosure since it was more expensive. However, with our second child, we kept them on Neosure longer. We saw a greater weight gain with our second child who was on the Neosure longer. I am a definitely believer that the Neosure additive to the breastmilk was a great help to my children in those early months.

Easily Digested
We used this product for our preemie children and they did not appear to have any trouble digesting the formula, even in their early months of life.

Ease of Preparation
You do need to make sure that the milk or water that you are using to mix is warm before adding the formula. This will make it dissolve much better.

• Ease of Preparation:

neosure gave my daughter the nutrition she needed.

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

Neosure helped my 32 week baby getting the nutrition she needed and deserved. She never had gas, constipation or any other problems while on this formula.

Easily Digested
My daughter had absolutely no problem digesting the neosure formula.

Ease of Preparation
we used both the ready made and powder. all you had to do with the ready made was heat it up and go. with the powder it was just as easy. scoop it out, heat it up and be on your way with feeding!

Best formula for preemies1

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

I highly recommend this formula to parents with premature babies. When it comes to babies and their needs you want what is best for them. Premature babies need all the nutrients they can get to grow healthy and strong. That is why i suggest Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula. I tried it with my lil one and loved it.

• Ease of Preparation:

Similac NeoSure saved my daughters life!

Comments about Similac Expert Care NeoSure Baby Formula:

Overall, I would give this product the highest rating there ever was. My daughter was born 2 months early with several health issues including what type of formula she needed to be drinking. After trying out every other formula there ever was, we finally came across this particular formula and noticed a great big wonderful change in our daughter. She instantly went from being so extremely fussy and crabby to being the happiest baby in the world. This formula agreed with her very sensitive tummy and did not make it hurt like all the other formulas we tried.

Easily Digested
This formula was very easily digested by my premature daughter. All the other formulas that were introduced to her were very hard for her to digest and caused a lot of issues for her. The fact that it was so easy to digest and made her into a completely different baby meant the world to us. It is not easy to have a very very fussy baby who has the most sensitive tummy and did not feel good for most of her first couple months of life.

Ease of Preparation
All formulas are easy to prepare so that was never an issue with this type. It didn't seem that thick like the other formulas though so we did not need to shake it up quite as much as the others.