Other Baby Formulas:

Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Preparation:

The best first food for your baby next to breast milk

I am a supporter of breast feeding. But I am aware that not every woman can successfully accomplish this. I had troubles breastfeeding and I had to find a formula that was going to nourish my baby but not make them sick. After trying so many on the market I finally came accross Carnation Good Start. They sent me a coupon in the mail for a free can of their formula and it came at a time when I had no money and the baby needed a can of formula to tide him over before my next month's WIC kicked in. Not only did I get a free can from the company but found that the formula was the best on the shelves. It looked, smelled, and practically tasted like breast milk. My baby stopped spitting up, had regular bowel movements and gained weight the way he was supposed to. It was an amazing product. I don't know what they do but I wish I could thank them personally. It stopped my first child from being colicky. It is currently the cheapest on the shelves and the company gives out incredible coupons. I recommend it to every new mom who chooses to use formula. I now have four children and one on the way and I have used Carnation Good Start the whole time. Thank you Carnation Good Start.

Made my son cry non-stop

We bought this formula for our son because of the "comfort proteins" that were supposedly easier to digest. When we ran out of the Enfamil that the hospital sent us home with we opened our can of Good Start. Right off the bat it was difficult because he didn't like the taste, then it gave him horrible gas and cramps. Our son was the quietest, most serene baby up until we gave him this formula. He was up all night crying in pain, and he's always been a great sleeper. We immediately stopped giving this to him and started looking for another formula. It was a long search, but we have since switched to the Parent's Choice Gentle formula, which is much easier on his tummy, and costs much less than the other name brands.

Decent formula

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

I started out breastfeeding my kids but after a bit I decided to supplement with formula because it seemed like they just were not getting enough from me. We tried the similac as those were the samples that our hospital had when i was trying to learn the best technique with my first. We tried the enfamil as well but they were just too hard on their tummies. One of my husband's co workers suggested we try the protect plus formula. So we did. It make a difference. They didn't scream and cry after eating from tummy aches. They didn't have nearly as much gas. And my daughter stopped spitting up so much. I do wish that I could have just breastfed exclusively but I am glad that I found this formula. It is in my opinion a bit on the expensive side but if you sign up for their rewards program you can usually get coupon checks which do help defray the cost for the first few months.

Great Formula!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

When we had or first child, my husband and I were clueless as to where to begin when choosing the right formula for our daughter. My mother-in-law recommended Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula and we went ahead and tried it. We had tremendous luck with this one! Our daughter loved it! It is packed with nutrients for your little one and feeding is not a problem with Good Start. She never experienced any problems with spitting up after I would feed her the formula and her stool was always normal after feeding it to her. This is a great choice for new parents searching for a well-balanced formula for their child. It is not very expensive and you can find it at most supermarkets. I would highly recommend it to all proud new moms and dads, Gerber Good Start is a GREAT start for your baby!

Easily Digested
Gerber Good Start was always light and easy for our daughter to digest.

Ease of Preparation
Preparation is simple and helps makes feeding your new child quickly.

• Ease of Preparation:

The only formula for my baby!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

My son was very sensitive to the iron in formulas and before I tried Gerber Protect he would constantly be constipated and screaming out in pain from his belly hurting and rock hard stools. Immediately after starting Protect he was more comfortable and his bowel movements became easier and more normal. I never tried another formula from that day forward.

Easily Digested
My son rarely even spit up on Gerber Protect. Not to mention, the complete positive changes in his bowel movements.

Ease of Preparation
Easy to open cans/containers. Nice little scoop that held the formula nicely and poured into the bottle without spilling everywhere. Protect would always dissolve easily and fast which helped ease a very fussy hungry and inpatient baby and made feeding much less stressful for me. I also like that it comes in different size cans/containers so it's easy to keep stationary at home or take along on the go (in the diaper bag)

• Ease of Preparation:

The Only Baby Formula Brand That Works For My 5 Babies!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

As a mom of 5, I've had plenty of time to try pretty much every major brand of baby formula on the market. Gerber Good Start is the only formula I've found that doesn't cause gassy, upset tummies! Unlike other brands, Good Start doesn't cause my babies to spit up, eliminating the worry that my clothes and baby's clothes would be stained and ruined by baby spit-up after feedings! This is also a great formula for babies who are transitioning from breast milk to the bottle. I breastfed each of my children for at least the first 2 months of life and Good Start is the only formula that I've found that doesn't cause instant rejection due to taste. Good Start is a little more expensive than other brands (at least it is in Southern California) but it's worth it to see happy, smiling faces after each feeding.

Easily Digested
No spitting up and no gassy, swollen tummies!

Ease of Preparation
The powder varieties can get messy but the directions are pretty straightforward.

Gerber Forever!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

I absolutely love the Gerber Baby Formula, and so does the little baby that has been drinking it. She has no problem with Gerber Baby, and she often asks for more during the day as she runs around. She falls asleep easily when she gets a bottle full of milk, and I just love it! I do admit it's a bit pricey compared to some other brands, but I refuse to switch from Gerber to anything else! It's very easy to make as you only pour in the formula and put in the water. There's nothing else but shaking left so you can easily make it around a minute or two. It's very easy to digest, especially for newborns and it's very easy on the stomach. It makes the child feel very full as from what I've seen, and so it's a very good way for your child to get the nutrients they need as a younger baby through Gerber. I wouldn't say Gerber is used for anything specific. It doesn't create constipation, but I wouldn't think it also helps constipation. However, I would be wary of feeding your child too much at one time quickly because I have had some times where there was vomiting involved because the child drank too much too quickly. Beyond that, Gerber is the way to go!

Nestles Good Start formula

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

I used this formula with two of my children. I also tried them with Enfamil and Similac. While none of them had any adverse effects, I still feel like Good Start was and is the best choice. Just seemed like they liked the taste slightly better and would be more settled at night.

Gerber Good Start Protect

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

Gerber Good Start Protect is a very effective formula for babies. My daughter is 7 months old and she started off with Gerber Good Start Gentle but she was so gassy and had so much colic. Once I started giving her the Protect label, she slept through the night and she is always satisfied after one bottle. I definitely recommend this product to new moms. Especially to mothers of babies who are allergic or get sick easily. There is a little gas and sometimes the formula doesn't fully dissolve but overall, Gerber Good Start Protect is a good product. The price is affordable for those who are able to purchase formula. Any mother who is deciding between formulas will be happy with this label. I have had no disappointments so far. My daughter is satisfied and I am satisfied. Like I said, there is still a little gas and formula doesn't mix thoroughly all of the times during preparations but there is still a good night sleep for my husband, daughter and for me.

• Ease of Preparation:

This is the best formula I have found out there!

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

I use this formula for my infant daughter and I love it! It always mixes well leaving no clumps compared to other formulas and my daughter has no issues digesting it!

Easily Digested
My daughter never has had a problem with digesting this formula. She rarely spits up even after drinking more than usual.

Ease of Preparation
This formula is very easy to prepare. I love the leveler that comes with to ensure that each scoop is just the right amount!

My go-to formula

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

Gerber Goodstart Protect is a really good formula to give your baby. Its gentle on their tummy, and easy to digest. It also contains DHA which is good for brain and eye development.

Easily Digested
I gave this formula to my baby as she was transitioning from breast milk to the bottle. We made it a bit easier on her tummy by mixing part breast milk and part formula until she got used to the formula. breast milk never seemed to quite fill her up, but the Gerber formula did. Rarely did she ever spit up, and she never once got sick from this formula. It is easily digestible and gentle on her little tummy.

Ease of Preparation
It is very simple to prepare baby formula such as Gerber Good Start. You simply mix two measured ounces of water with one scoop of the formula. There is a pre measured scooper inside each canister of Gerber Good Start. You can also mix this formula with Gerber cereals instead of water, if you so choose to do so.

Good Product for babies

Comments about Gerber Good Start Protect Baby Formula:

After two weeks of breastfeeding I was unable to produce enough milk to keep feeding my daughter so I looked around at all the formulas to see which ones were the best. I know it is a bad thing to switch formulas often but I wanted to make sure she got the right one. Gerber was the one. I tried this formula after trying others and this one seemed to produce less colic, vomit, and diarrhea. It is quite cheap and you can find coupons and discounts on their website. This formula is easy to mix and comes with a scooper that actually fits the bottle so you are not getting the formula everywhere but the bottle. I used this formula up until my daughter was 9 months, because she started drinking regular milk. They have Gerber formula for babies over 1 as well, I think that is amazing for some who have not grown as much as they should. I know this formula did good for my daughter because she is now almost 4 and feels like she is on top of the world, the healthiest girl ever!