Other Baby Formulas:

Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula

Pros

Cons

Great product! Worked well for my 3 kids

I have only had premie babies! Sad! The first one was a boy and then 6 years later came the twin girls. All of them were born around 32 weeks.I have used Enfacare for all 3 of them. and they are all strong and healthy now. This product has improved a lot in this 6 years.

1. It has less foams! If you ever used formula, you know the foams are annoying and possibly give the baby gas. Enfacare has almost no foams! I was very pleased to see it.

2. It is so easy to disolve in water. 6 years ago, we have to shake the bottle like a bartender and still occassionally, will get a lump in it. Trust me, we tried all kinds of way to disolve it. Now, it is completly disvolved within just 10 shakes (yes, I counted). Love it!

3. Most important thing, the babies love it. We tried other brands, and all 3 kids didn't like it and refused to drink it. So, we stayed with this one after the failed trail.

4. OK, another important thing, the premie baby needs it! All my 3 premies caught up in both weight and height within 6 months after birth! What else can be more important than this?

Complain: I just wish Enfacare come with bigger containers. The powdered version only comes in 12 oz can. I understand the philosophy behind it: premie baby doesn't drink much. But still, 12 oz is too small. Especially for my twins. Considering most of the twins born prematured, we need a bigger can.

Enfamil Enfacare is a very difficult to digest formula for baby

Having a preemie is scary enough. We went through a very long, hard journey in the NICU and I was just unable to breastfeed being it was my first child and pumping just didn't work. Enfamil is a great brand, but their EnfaCare is so harsh on these tiny baby's tummies. Our NICU dr. was very insistent that our son stay on preemie formula, even though we begged him to switch. See our son stayed longer than he needed to because he just would not take the bottle in 30 min. like the NICU required in order for him to be discharged. Honestly, he just did not like the formula and it upset his tummy. We kept him on it for a month after he got home when we asked his pediatrician if we could try a 20 cal. formula instead. She said since he was gaining steadily we could, so we switched to Enfamil Gentlease (which we converted by putting more powder in it to be 22 cal. I forget the measurements, but you can get them from your pediatrician). He no longer had really bad reflux, he slept better, and was a much happier baby. The first month on it he did not gain well, but after that he kept gradually putting on the weight. Now he is 11 months and 18 lbs.

Formula for preemies

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

This is a formula specifically designed for preemies. It contains a higher calorie count than other formulas. My twins were born 5 weeks early and were given this formula in the NICU and we were sent home with cans of it. Four month later my twins are growing wonderfully and on track with other kids their age. The formula mixes much better than other ones. There are never any clumps floating around in the bottles. Neither of my babies spit up much, if at all, and they burp like champs.
The Dr tried to switch my girl twin to Enfamil gentlease because she thought she was having tummy problems because she was so crabby at one of their checkups. Turns out I just have a crabby girl (I already knew that) because she started spitting up and never passing gas or pooping when changed to gentlease. Ever since being switched back to Enfacare she has been back to her normal self. I swear by this stuff and definitely will continue using it until they turn a year old.

Easily Digested
Has never caused tummy problems with either twin.

Ease of Preparation
Mixes very well. No clumps in formula.

Convenient Formula Bottles

Profile Image

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

These formula bottles are great for mothers on the go. They are a liquid formula bottles portioned into two ounce bottles. This can be great for those little ones needing a snack in between regular feedings but these can become expensive if using for all feeding purposes. The powder formulas or bigger cans would be a more cost effective option if using exclusively formula. If not eaten within a certain time frame, two hours, they must be discarded. This can fly by before you know it as a new mom, unfortunately, leading to a lot of waste if baby is not hungry when you crack open that seal. These bottles also do not come with nipples. You must purchase your own to screw on to use these bottles or pour them into one of your own bottles. If you are out and about and will not have access to water for a while and therefor can not make a bottle out of the powder formula, then these are a great option to keep in the diaper bag.

almost natural

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

i am using this product for my baby , she loves it , and as i know its almost like natural

Easily Digested
she was spitting and now she stopped

Ease of Preparation
i just put it in a hot water to heat it because she like it worm , and it doesn't need to add water or anything which is so good so that i don't need to play with measuring.

• Ease of Preparation:

A very good formula for premature babies

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

Enfamil Enfacare is great for prematures but the mother needs to keep a note on whether the formula is suiting the baby. My daughter used to have gas when she was given Enfamil. Doc changed it when I reported the same.

Easily Digested
In case of my baby she had trouble digesting and she developed gas.

Ease of Preparation
Preparing the formula was so fast . It did not take any time to dissolve.

• Ease of Preparation:

Formula is not as good as breastfeeding.

from Rochester, IN

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

One of my sons could not breastfeed because of the medication I was on after delivery, so I had to use formula. I chose regular enfamil first, which did not work because he spit up. I then chose enfamil enfacare Lipil formula with iron, powdered in the 12.8 ounce can. Although it was convenient in the fact that I could make it as I needed it, I always seemed to end up throwing some out, which I considered to be a waste of money. My son seemed to spit up a lot on this formula, and had smelly poop. I am not sure why, other than that formula is harder on a baby to digest than breastmillk. I also had to carry it around everywhere I went along with the water I used to reconstitute the powdered formula.

Enfamil Enfacare Lipil infant formula is wonderful!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

Hello!! I absolutely love this formula and I will tell you why. In 2005 I gave birth to my baby boy at 25 weeks who at birth weighed 2lbs.1oz.. Despite, a brain bleed, heart surgery, surgery to fix two hernias, and being diagnosed with chronic lung disease my baby made it out of the hospital and was home with his family in approximately 3months. Thank God! The hospital started feeding my son this formula in the NICU and sent him home on it, and I never changed up. He gained nice weight in the hospital and his weight continued at a good rate at home. He didn't experience any gas, or fussiness and I had no problems with him at feeding time. It is my belief that because he able to tolerate this formula with all its wonderful benefits it was able to help improve his health faster than if he were on the regular formula by Enfamil. He was off all meds,oxygen,and sleep apnea machines before turning one years old. And to date all he has is asthma. Don't get me wrong I'm NOT saying this is a miracle formula or anything like that lol BUT I definitely would and have highly recommended it to any parent especially those with premature infants!

Had to use it -

from Houston, TX

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

When my daughter developed an infection 6 months after birth, she had to stop breast feeding my grandson. It was sad because they were both doing so well. She started using the Enfamil Enfacare Lipil Infant Formula Powder with Iron. That baby is the healthiest, chubbiest, most active baby! He has done so well on the formula and didn't even notice the switch. We were all pleased!

enfamil good product

from Richardson, TX

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

i was always against formulas and thought they are not good for babies thats why i breast feed my daughter but when i found out that i am pregnant again then i had to give my baby formula .i tried every formula but nothing worked for her.Although it is a little expensive but when i tried enfamil my daughter really like this.i found peace of mind and my baby found the right milk.

Great for weightgain

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

My child was born early and only weighed 5lbs at birth. Our pediatrician recommended Enfamil Enfacare in order for him to gain weight and gain it faster than if he'd been on regular formula. We tried it out and he loved it at first and was drinking it frequently. After about three weeks he began having really horrible collic from the formula which is thicker than regular milk. So we had a lot of sleepless nights and had to buy a lot of gas relief drops and gripe water. Let me add that every baby is different and you may not have the same experience as I did with this milk. But all in all it was worth every sleepless night and every headache because 5 months later our boy gained 12 lbs and is a healthy and normal young man. So I'm really glad I stuck with it and continued giving him this milk, and I would definitely recommend it to any parents our there with a preemie or under weight new born child.

Great

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Enfamil EnfaCare Infant Formula:

I had to start using this formula due to my daughter being two month premature.  This formula help get my daughter back on track with her weight.  This formula gave her the extra vitamins and calories that she needed that wasn't in any other formula.  Thanks