Other Vacuums:
610-50
Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum

Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum

i would buy this again!

I bought the Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum to have a multi purpose vacume. i like that when the water overflows in the bathtub, i can go in wuth my Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum and quickly and easily clean it up! it is very light and easy to move around as well, even a 10 year old could operate, and handle it with ease. i have used it outside on my deck and patio to suck up leaves and debri. it worked like a dream! i used it to vacume out my car after i washed it, and didnt have to worry about sucking up water! the house was long enough to get in all the crooks and cranies.i like the wheels on it so i can easily pull it where i need it. well built and sturdy. the wheels are casters, which make it turn easily. evenn full of water it moved easier than some older vacumes. i will warn you, after you purchase this I bought the Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum to have a multi purpose vacume. i like that when the water overflows in the bathtub, i can go in wuth my Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum and quickly and easily clean it up! it is very light and easy to move around as well, even a 10 year old could operate, and handle it with ease. i have used it outside on my deck and patio to suck up leaves and debri. it worked like a dream! i used it to vacume out my car after i washed it, and didnt have to worry about sucking up water! the house was long enough to get in all the crooks and cranies.i like the wheels on it so i can easily pull it where i need it. well built. Your neighbors, friends and family will be wanting to try out your new Wet/ Dry Vacume!

shelf life is not that long

Unknown to us our water heater had a slow leak. The water came through the floor ad began to show up in the bathroom and leak into the hall on the carpet. We had a shop vac wet dry vacume that we had not used very much. As we were trying to determine the source of the leak we would us the wet dry vac to get up the excess water.

Finaly the water heater just gave out and water flooded the laundry room bathroom and hallway. We used the wet dry vac for several days tryin to dry out the carpet in the hall. The wet dry vac worked very well. We were pleased with how efficiently it sucked up the water. One dayhowever it just never came on again. I konw our situation was unique as it took a while to figure out what was going on, but I do not believe the shop vac wet dry vac shoud have died that soon. And of course it was just after the warrranty ran out. I do believe these companies plan it this way.

i would buy this again!

from Moscow ID

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Durable Construction
  • Easy To Use
  • Lightweight
  • Multi-Purpose
  • Stores Easily
  • Time Saving

• Basement cleaning

• Personal

Works but not durable

from Tampa Florida

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Lightweight
    • Multi-Purpose

Cons

• Flimsy
    • Hard To Use
    • Not Efficient
    • Short cord
    • Tippy

• Automobile
    • Garage

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

Bought this after I purchased my new home knowing I would have projects. A year into use it has been hit ir miss, it doesn't pick up metal i.e nails, screws very well.

Only buy if you need for occasional light home jobs and don't mind loud noise.

Pros: Has moderately good suction and easy to empty. It has a couple of necessary attachments, but nothing extreme. Filter can be washed or use replacements that are eady to find. Rollers allow for 360 turning.

Cons: The plug is Very short, I've had to use an extension cord for most jobs. Main hose is short. Motor is noisy and loud. Unit is made of plastic which is good for turning but it tips over very easily. Storing is easy except for the attachments..

Bottom line: If you need occasionally and find it very cheap, go ahead and buy, otherwise pass.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Works to vacuum anything!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

I originally got my Shop Vac when I first moved to Pennsylvania because my new house was right next to a creek, and I was warned by my real estate agent and neighbors that when there were big storms that I would definitely need one for flooding.

Have the Shop Vac was a life saver. Whenever my basement would get flooded I would turn it on, and let it suck up all the water. It did a great job at getting my basement dry again, and the water was easy enough to just dump outside.

I also liked to use my Shop Vac to clean my car. It completely sucked up and got rid of all the dirt and garbage in my car with no effort at all.

It was so easy to use, cleaned everything up quick, and worked on absolutely any type of surface. There was nothing that my Shop Vac couldn't clean for me.

The main downside that I have for the Shop Vac was that the motor ended up failing on me after cleaning up a huge flood in my basement from a hurricane. It completely shut off, and wouldn't turn back on. I could fix it or get it to work. It was a sad day. I have yet to get a new Shop Vac, but I will be replacing it with the same one I had before. I wouldn't pick another brand because this one lasted me for over ten years anyways.

If you live where you are prone to flooding in your basement, the Shop Vac is a great investment to have. Any home owner should have one just in case.

Maneuverability
    The Shop Vac has wheels on it that can turn in every which way and direction without them getting caught or stuck on anything. I could pull this around where ever I wanted without struggling or any problems.

Ease of Maintenance
    There wasn't much maintenance that needs to be performed on the Shop Vac. I just dump out the water whenever I needed to into my yard, and rinsed it out with a hose whenever it needed to be. When I used it for my car I just dumped the garbage into a garbage can, and that was it.

Suction Performance
    It has the best suction performance out of any vacuum, ever. It literally picks up everything, and anything you need it to. It cleans up floods as well as regular messes.

Versatility
    I used the Shop Vac mainly for when I had flooding in my basement, but I also liked to use it to clean out my car, because it made it much easier. Shop Vacs have a lot of uses, and can be used to clean just about anything you need them to.

It's a big simple design. It only have a button to turn it on and off. It also swivels around on wheels so even though it is huge it's very easy and light to move around when it's empty. It's also very easy to open up when you need to, and the attachments were easy to take on and off as well.

I had my Shop Vac for over ten years. I had no problems with it before but then we had a hurricane and because I live by a creek my basement flooded, and I was using my Shop Vac. Well I guess it was too much to handle for the Shop Vac and the motor went out, and I couldn't turn it back on. It was a great durable vacuum when I had it, and will be definitely be buying another one.

• Versatility:

This thing is going to last forever!

from Kansas

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

The Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum is an amazing vacuum! The one I have is a hand-me-down from my parents. They had it for as long as I can remember and now I've had it for 5 years. I don't know how old this vacuum is but I know it's at least 10 years old. I have no idea what they make this thing from but it's just never going to break, I'm pretty sure.

This is great for big messes or small ones. You can use it to simply vacuum your carpet in your home or saw dust in your garage. It's convenient to use to vacuum out your vehicles. One thing that sets this apart from just your normal vacuum is that you can use it for vacuuming up liquid too. It's great if you accidentally spill something, you can just grab the vacuum and vacuum it up.

Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum is extremely sturdy. It has still performed the same as it did back when my parents had it. Like I said before mine is at least 10 years old. It's been dropped numerous times and that has never effected it at all. Seriously, get one of these vacuums. The one I have is going to outlive me.

Husband loves this!

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

We got this as a Christmas gift for my husband to use out in the garage and his shop. He loves it! He said it has more suction that his previous model and it does a very good job of cleaning up for him. He uses it a lot to collect saw dust from his wood working projects, and it does a tremendous job of getting up every last little piece and all the fine dust. He's also used it a time when our basement flooded, and it sucked up the water with as much power as the dry suction. It even grabbed a lot of excess water out of the rugs that were soaked. He's very pleased with its performance.

Maneuverability
    When empty if you drag it too forcefully it has a tendency towards tipping over, but once filled with a little water or any other heavy stuff, it's very stable and has never even tipped slightly on us. The wheels allow it to be rolled to where you need, smoothly and without much effort.

Ease of Maintenance
    VERY easy to rinse out with a hose or in a large basement sink. Nothing really to maintain. Just make sure you dry off the metal parts on the wheels after use so they don't rust.

Suction Performance
    Very good performer both wet and dry!

Versatility
    Many, many uses for cleaning as well as just sucking up a bunch of nuts, screws or washers that might fall on the ground.

So far so good!

Shop-Vac 10 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

We got this Shop-Vac over 20 years ago and have used for many dirty messes, both wet and dry. It is big and holds a lot of dirt. We have used it clean up water in basement when we had a leak from a rainstorm and it did a great job. This Shop-Vac is very easy to clean out.

Maneuverability
    The big rolling wheels make this Shop-Vac very easy to maneuver around the room. The cord is short so we usually use it with an extension cord.

Ease of Maintenance
    This Shop-Vac is very easy to maintain. We take it out and clean it with the garden hose.

Suction Performance
    This Shop-Vac does a great job of picking up all the messes we have made. It cleans up big chunks and does a great job cleaning up liquids.

Versatility
    We mostly use this Shop-Vac in our basement, but we have also used it to clean out the cars and vacuum out the sheds.

The design is simple and easy to use. The push button on the top can sometimes be hard to push, but we have had this Shop-Vac for over 20 years so the button is getting old.

We have had this Shop-Vac for over 20 years and haven't had any trouble with it.

Amazing Product

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

I have now owned my Shop-vac for about 2 years and it still works as great as it did on day 1! I would highly recommend this vacuum for any do-it-yourselfer, on anyone that usually finds themselves making a big mess. I hang mine on my garage wall and it is always working flawlessly to clean out my cars and trucks, as well as after my dogs and any mess I commonly make while using the table saws in the garage. The vacuum is definitely worth the money, and you would not be upset with this purchase, I assure you! I do not see myself using any other heavy duty vacuum in the future.

• Versatility:

Tried and true vacuum friend.

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

My Shop-Vac 2.0 10 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum has been around since I was in middle school. My first clear memory of it was during a hurricane, my father was using the Shop-Vac to clean up water leaking in the windows. Ten years later I inherited the Shop-Vac. The vacuum is a cockroach which cannot be killed. It has functioned for far longer, under far more demand than any vacuum should. Now at nearly twenty years old the Shop-Vac is living out its retirement, primarily used for deep cleaning out the pellet stove, the car and occasionally sucking up the dust from sanding. it still works as well now as I remember in my childhood. It holds so much we rarely have to think about emptying it, and sucks just as well today as ever. The hose can at times be difficult to maneuver, and the thing is wicked noisy, sort of like an airplane taking off in the living room, but it functions as it should, and has withstood the test of time.

Shop Vac 10 gallon Vacuum

from Gainesville, MO

Comments about Shop-Vac 2.0 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum:

I am thankful to have this shop vac and the suction on it is great. I do have a complaint though. The cord is not very long at all and it requires a three pronged plug in. I was using it in my home to clean under the couch cushions since my vacuum cleaner is an upright with no attachments, but it was very hard to reach everything do to the short cord.

shelf life is not that long