Other Vacuums:
NV501
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum

Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum

Just Purchased and In Love

I just purchased this vacuum two weeks ago, and I am absolutely in love. My prior vacuum hose had torn, and it was very old, and lost its suction capabilities. Read complete review

I was looking for a lightweight vacuum because of my disabilities making it hard to lift and move things. I love the rotating head, because I don't need to move as much as I did before. I'm able to maneuver around the kitchen table and chairs without having to pull everything out. The long hose reaches up to the ceiling very well (I have high ceilings, and frequently get cobwebs.)

The suction is absolutely amazing. Our soil is clay soil, and the dogs bring it in, and it gets caked in the carpet. The Shark Rotator has successfully pulled MORE dirt out of my carpet than my old vacuum. I love that I can use this vacuum on different surfaces because my kitchen is tile, my living room and bedroom are carpet, and my son's room is laminate floor.

I love that the filter is a washable filter, and that I don't need that extra added expense.

I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed, and feel that I made the right decision for myself.

A great Vacuum for a reasonable price.

I love this vacuum. It is so easy to maneuver. It is great for any job you may have for it. Mine came with an awesome detailing kit for tiny jobs, it has great suction to big jobs. You can use it as a canister vac, great if you have stairs. No bags, so ongoing cost. Also a washable filter, so again no recurring cost. I would say if you can't afford a Dyson or don't need one that is Dyson heavy-duty, buy this vacuum!

Maneuverability
This vacuum turns so easily. It is great at getting around corners. The optional brush roll feature self propeller the vacuum to make it effortless to push around.

Ease of Maintenance
Maintenance is a breeze. The dust cup removes easily and empties at the bottom with the click of a button. No mess. The filter is washable so you will not need to keep buying filters.

Suction Performance
The suction is adjustable for different needs and carpet types. It could be better in this feature and be more specific with the options. Such as having specific settings for specific carpets or job types. As it is now it is a part you turn on the upper tube to adjust suction with no settings.

Just Purchased and In Love

from Pennsylvania

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

• Carpet
    • Pet Hair
    • Tile Floors

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Junk

from Kalispell Montana

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Bad Balance Falls Over
    • Fills Up Too Fast
    • Heavy
    • Hose Way Too Short
    • Hose Way Too Short To Use
    • Noisy
    • One Handed Use Impossible
    • Poor Design
    • Power Cord In Wrong Place

• Cannot Use Any Attachment
    • Carpet
    • Hose Is Totally Unusable
    • Only Useful On Short Nap

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

Every aspect of this device screams poor design. A cost over function device fails to achieve its goal. The balance is so poor I need someone else to hold the vacuum as it will fall over and break everything in the house. Cord should be attached high on handle, it always gets sucked up. The hose is so short I that it is totally unusable without someone to carry the vacuum for you unless you happen to have three hands. Dust bin must be emptied after each room as it has a very low capacity.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Going to buy a second one for a spare

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I was looking for a vacuum that would handle the dirt challenge from three kids under 11 and two dogs. This vacuum fit the bill and then some. I was shocked at how much dirt I pulled up out of my carpet the first time I used it.

Maneuverability
    It takes just a little getting used to but this vacuum gets into all the spaces I need it too. The weight is on the handle so you have to be sure to click the handle in the stop position when you are done or it will flop to the floor. The vacuum will lay flat to fit under beds and swivels around corners under the baseboards.

Ease of Maintenance
    It is so easy to empty the canister when it is full. My children, age 6 and 11, fight over who gets to vacuum the floor just so that they can empty the canister. The dust filters are easy to clean also.

Suction Performance
    We had a central vacuum unit installed when we built our house. This shark has greater suction power than when the central vacuum was new. It is incredible to watch what comes up out of the carpet.

Versatility
    This vacuum is super versatile. It is promoted as a 3-1 and that is exactly what it is. When I need to sweep the stairs I just pop of the portable portion and sweep away. It is very easy to vacuum furniture with this unit too. And the vehicles!

I have not found any reason to be unhappy with the design.

I have only owned this vacuum for a couple of months so I can't comment too much on its durability other than the product appears to be made of durable material.

Love my Shark

from Pasco, WA

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

My husband got me this vacuum when my old vacuum finally gave out. The first time I used it I was sold. It got out so much sand (we live in the desert) and dog hair, plus my hair that I was just disgusted. I especially love the lift away feature since we have stairs, lugging a heavy up and down the stairs isn't ideal. The lift away is so light weight and the attachments help me clean any surface, including the lint trap in the dryer. I would like the hose to be a little longer, but the attachments make it ok to deal with. It's very easy and simple to empty the canister. It does feel a little cheap, but even my kids have used it, and bumped it into furniture and the walls and so far so good, still looks like new. It's not very loud, just loud enough my dog won't come near it, but he doesn't like any vacuum. I also use the attachments to clean the dust of my wood blinds, works very well. Overall I would highly recommend this vacuum.

Ease of Maintenance
    Just wish the hose was longer

Best Vacuum I have ever owned

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I really love this vacuum and I am very pleased with this brand. I did a lot of research before purchasing a new vacuum and I noticed Shark had a lot of great reviews. Those reviews were right on target as this is truly the best vacuum I have ever owned.

Maneuverability
    I love the ease of the moving head of the vacuum, but the vacuum is a little heavy in comparison to the Oreck I previously owned. This is not a problem for me, but people who need a lighter vacuum might find this to be an issue.

Ease of Maintenance
    After our first floor cleaning the head of the vacuum was already full of hair and had to cleaned off. It was easy to clean and I really think this is a sign of how poorly our old vacuum was operating but I was surprised it needed to be cleaned so quickly.

Suction Performance
    I have never owned a vacuum that had such great suction and my previous vacuum was a commercial brand Oreck. It never worked as well as this Shark does. It makes my old, worn out carpet look great!

Versatility
    My old vacuum had no on board tools and I really missed that feature. The shark has a great on board tools and they are easily in reach and great to use.

I have only owned this vacuum a short time, but it comes with a five year warranty so I have high expectations for good durability.

Love It!

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I absolutely love this vacuum. When I first saw it on TV I was skeptical. I have tried some more expensive vacuums but the Shark Rotator definitely performs better and is more economical. It is easy to maneuver and all of the attachments have come in handy for cleaning in corners and under furniture. It is light weight and the lift-away feature is great for clean the ceiling corners. The filters are easy to remove and clean. Also, the canister can be emptied with the touch of a button. The light on the front lets you see the dust bunnies hiding under the beds.
    I thought my carpets were pretty clean since I vacuum several times a week but when I used the Shark I was shocked at how much dirt and pet hair was still in my carpet. Between kids and animals this vacuum has been put to the test and has exceeded my expectations. Shark has become my go to vacuum. All future vacuum purchases will be this brand.

Shark Rotator Pro Lift-away 3-1 Vacuum

from Wheeler, WI

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I bought this from a tv infomercial.I love it, I am 63 and get wore out fast when it comes to vacuuming and this is a powerful machine that is light weight but all muscle. It has very good suction and makes cleaning easier.

Maneuverability
    Moves and glides effortly.

Ease of Maintenance
    No maintenance accept empty dirt canister.

Very powerful.

Versatility
    Moves like a breeze and self pulls when vacuuming rugs.

Nice simple design ,very compact, very neat looking.

I believe it will last a long time.

• Versatility:

I like this vacuum and it works well

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I just ordered this vacuum when I saw an infomercial for it last month. I took advantage of the easy payments on the vacuum so it made me feel like it wasn't as expensive as it really is.
    This vacuum is very light and comes with a lot of different attachments. It is easy to use and I like how easy it is to get into corners and under some furniture. It also has a light on the bottom so you can see what it is picking up. I only have two rooms of carpet in the whole house, but I use this on my hardwood and ceramic tile floors. It is great and picks up everything in sight. The attachments are great for getting in tight spaces. It even comes with an attachment that gets under the stove and refrigerator.
    The only negative thing I can see so far is the cord is much shorter than other vacuums that I have owned. It can be a real pain when using it in large areas.

Ease of Maintenance
    The canister is very easy to clean and it literally snaps right back into place.

Suction Performance
    The suction is awesome and really gets the dirt and dust out of the carpet. It is also great for using on hardwood and tile floors. I have found that it does not pick up human hair very well, it all wraps around the bottom rather than getting into the canister with the dust.

The cord is not long enough.

Shark Rotator Vacuum

from New Jersey

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I just replaced my old vacuum with a new one and decided to shop around first before making a selection. I tried many different vacuum that had many different functions and finally I made my choice. I choose the Shark Rotator Vacuum. I liked first of all the fact that it was very sleek looking as it had a great design to it but that is not why I selected this one. I really liked the fact that you did not have to replace the bag when it got filled so that was a great financial savings as well as time to go get a new bag. I was also able to wash the filter clean which was another savings of time and money. What I really like is that it is light enough and comes apart so easily for me to take outside now that it is spring to vacuum my van and the cars out. This vacuum is a great buy and I feel it will last me a very long time. I feel I made a very good and wise choice when selecting this Shark Vacuum.

Excellent

So easy to keep up

Excellent

A vacuum

Great

I think it will last a long time

• Versatility:

I'm in love with my Shark!

from Inverness, FL

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

My old Hoover vacuum finally quit working, so I decided to upgrade to a Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away 3 in 1 vacuum. I love my new Shark. I have a new baby and two long haired cats and am constantly battling cat hair and dust. The Shark has lots of power and is really easy to push around. I love that it's easy to maneuver. I like that it's bagless and the filter is easy to clean, just rinse under the sink. It has a hose attached to it, which my Hoover didn't have and comes with many hose attachments for different situations. The Shark does an excellent job picking up cat hair and I like that you can remove the top part of the vacuum and take it off its base for even more maneuverability. I just love this vacuum. The only thing I would change would be the cord, because it's easy to trip over. I'd prefer it to come off the back of the vacuum, instead of the side. I'm looking forward to many happy years of cleaning with my Shark.