Other Vacuums:
Shark
NV501
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum

Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum

Pros

• Easy to empty (8)
  • Easy to use (7)
  • Long power cord (7)
  • Powerful/good suction (7)
  • Efficient (5)

Cons

• Heavy (3)
  • Poor design (3)

• Carpet (9)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (9)
    • Personal (9)

Just Purchased and In Love

I just purchased this vacuum two weeks ago, and I am absolutely in love. My prior vacuum hose had torn, and it was very old, and lost its suction capabilities. Read complete review

I was looking for a lightweight vacuum because of my disabilities making it hard to lift and move things. I love the rotating head, because I don't need to move as much as I did before. I'm able to maneuver around the kitchen table and chairs without having to pull everything out. The long hose reaches up to the ceiling very well (I have high ceilings, and frequently get cobwebs.)

The suction is absolutely amazing. Our soil is clay soil, and the dogs bring it in, and it gets caked in the carpet. The Shark Rotator has successfully pulled MORE dirt out of my carpet than my old vacuum. I love that I can use this vacuum on different surfaces because my kitchen is tile, my living room and bedroom are carpet, and my son's room is laminate floor.

I love that the filter is a washable filter, and that I don't need that extra added expense.

I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed, and feel that I made the right decision for myself.

Great Vac, but needs a bit of design improvement

Based on a strong recommendation from a family member who uses professionally, we purchased the Shark Lift Away in hopes that it would help eliminate the need for 2-3 different types of vacuums we needed & have it conveniently & efficiently combined in one unit. It's a very pleasing looking design.
It does & doesnt. The main reasons are that its cumbersome & even with reading the manual carefully, it is at 1st very confusing remembering which piece goes where for each function you're using it for.
The 2nd issue is how easily the hoses/bottom piece gets blocked w/pet hair, a feature we specifically bought it for. Hair/full very easily plugs it up, or wraps around the rollers. It's absolutely maddening.
While the lift away feature is a great idea, the hoses/Wands need to be adequately long to be able to use for using in high places.
Overall, not impressed.

I will never buy another brand again

from Oklahoma City, OK

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

This vaccuum is so awesome I love it so much I will not let anyone touch it. Its my baby, its so lightweight, no more bending over with the lift away feature. The 360 degree turn feature is awesome it reaches underneath things so easily. I love my Shark.

• Personal

Can beat the suction of this Shark.

from Ohio

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

This has got to be the best vacuum I have ever owned. Even better then my Dyson for which I just replace after 5 years. This Shark has the best suction I have ever had for a vacuum cleaner. I love how you can lift away the canister and use to solely with the hose for harder to reach areas. I have use in on my hard wood floors, Carpet runners and wall to wall carpet and have not had any issues with it at all. I used this right after I used my Dyson and the amount of dog hair this was able to pick up surprised me. If you looking for a good dependable vacuum with an easy empty debris cup this is for you.

• Personal

I want to keep using Shark vacuums

from Waseca, MN

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Long Power Cord
      • Powerful/Good Suction
      • Shark vacuums work amazing. Less allergies.

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

It's nice because of it's features 3in1. I'm in need of a new vacuum and I will definitely go for shark brand.

• Personal
        • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Simply amazong

from Indiana

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Efficient
        • Lightweight
        • Long Power Cord
        • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

This is by far the best vacuum I have ever owned. I love it. It gets the hair that is deep down in carpet and transfers with ease to pick up the pet hair there. I highly recommend this product!

Love it

from Indiana

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Easy to Use
        • Long Power Cord
        • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I absolutely love this vacuum. It has super powerful suction, it gets dirt from deep down In your carpet. It moves easy and has a power spin brush that helps pick up the dirt and works wonderful. This is my favorite vacuum I have ever used!

Great Vac, but needs a bit of design improvement

from NJ

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Long Power Cord

Cons

• Heavy
        • Inefficient
        • Poor Design

Overall, not impressed.

Disappointed

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
        • Long Power Cord

Cons

• Inefficient
        • Poor Design

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

I found the canister alone heavy. . My ceilings are 10ft and the wand barley reaches but, poor suction. The over all weight of the vacuum is light and good for floors. But, using the tools were not easily attached. Over all I'm very disappointed.

• Personal

All Time Favorite Vacuum!

from Virginia

About Me Busy household, Homeowner

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
        • Cleans Under Furniture
        • Large Debris Bin
        • Long Run Time
        • Reaches high up places ceilings etc.

Cons

• Complicated design

• Carpeted Rooms
        • High Traffic Rooms
        • High up places window seals ceilings
        • Large Rooms
        • Small Rooms

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

This is my first experience with a Shark Vacuum Cleaner, after I used it for the first time I realized there's a huge difference between "other brands" and a Shark Rotator! I've been halfway vacuuming all these years and now I really feel like I'm using a vacuum with a "shop vac" suction to clean my whole home. The quality of this vaccum is present when you press the power button, the lights cut on and I feel the vacuum almost pull itself across my carpet effortlessly. If something is picked up along the way that shouldn't have there a red light on the front to alert the owner. The attachments are great, the vacuum turns into a canister like vacuum where I'm able to use the hose and a spinning brush to clean furniture and stairs without bending over. Suction is unbelievable, I compare it to my shop vac I have In my basement. Since Owning a vacuum like this one I will never go back to the other brands, this is my all time favorite vacuum ever!!

Best vacuum ever!!

from Sterlington la

About Me Busy household, Homeowner, Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Effectively
        • Cleans Under Furniture
        • Easy To Use
        • Hassle Free Operation
        • Large Debris Bin
        • Long Run Time

• Carpeted Rooms
          • High Traffic Rooms
          • Large Rooms
          • Small Rooms

Comments about Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away 3-in-1 Vacuum:

Great vacuum for a great price. It has lots of attachments for all kinds of vacuuming. I have the car attachments as well and they work very well to get into the cracks and crevices. There are so many ways to use this vacuum that you probably could use it in any configuration you would like to use it. The vacuum is light-weight and the suction is good. I have all concrete and tile floors with a few area carpets and carpeting on the stairs. I have had a hard time finding a vacuum that works well on hard floors and it not expensive like canister are. This vacuum is the best of both worlds. On my concrete/tile floors and on my stairs, I remove the wand and use the floor attachment. On my carpets, I just pop the wand back in and use the vacuum as a regular upright. I really like being able to empty the canister on my own. The dust inside is not unmanageable, and it is amazing to see how much I can suck up in my house that is really not all that dirty and that has no pets either.

Just Purchased and In Love

from Oakdale

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
          • Easy to Use
          • Efficient
          • Lightweight
          • Long Power Cord
          • Powerful/Good Suction