3.9
Shark
Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner

Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner

3.9

Design makes it a poor performer

from El Granada, CA

Comments about Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner:

I find it hard to believe all these positive reviews. I have had mine for a year and it never fails to disappoint me. It is one of the absolute worse mops/floor cleaners I have ever had. After a year of using it, I am giving it to the Salvation Army.
First the design is very flawed. You are using a dirty mophead to try to clean your floors. I realized that when i first bought it and bought as extra 18 mops! Yes, 18, 6 each of the various types of heads you must use. But even changing the mop heads repeatedly, the floor just stays dirty. The machine vibrates back and forth, but does not really clean.
SO how about the waxing feature. Wow, it's even worse than the cleaning feature. Try as I did to get a nice shine, it just looks like a bunch of streaks on the floor.
And the carpet cleaning is just as bad as the hard floor cleaning.
Honestly, I found a Bona mop so much better, so much easier and so much less expensive.

Shark Sonic Duo

Comments about Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner:

The Shark Sonic Duo is a nice tool to have for cleaning your floors. Whether it be hard wood, vinyl, carpet or tile this machine can tackle it. The Shark Sonic Duo is a cleaner meaning it uses soaps to clean the floors. The difference with the soaps that this machine uses compared to the bigger carpet cleaners it doesn't leave your carpet sticky after use. The Shark Sonic Duo also has a scrubbing action where the big machines have a brush. The Shark Sonic Duo is also light weight compared to the bigger machines. There is no emptying a dirty water tank or trying to figure out how much soap to use. The Shark Sonic Duo has a bottle that shows where to fill the bottle with water and so much of the cleaning solution. The Shark Sonic Duo comes with an extra long cord so that you reach all areas of the room and it is sleek to go under beds or some couches. The Shark Sonic Duo is not only a carpet cleaner but it cleans hardwood floors, tile, and vinyl. My carpet is over 20 years old and I have dogs that have accidents on the carpet. The Shark Sonic Duo did a really good job compared to when I was just using the steam cleaner made by Shark also. I noticed a big difference in the texture of my carpet it have life again. My kitchen floor has vinyl and is that kind with the textured grooves and dirt just piles up in those grooves. There is a lot of scrubbing that has to be done to pick up all that dirt and most likely not able to get it all up. The Shark Sonic Duo had no problems getting the dirt up and not only that didn't take that long to do the floors. I am in love with this machine and the only reason why I gave it an 8 instead of a 10 because I don't know yet if the soap is going to have a dramatic effect on my carpet. Other than that it's a good tool to have.

The Shark Sonic Duo is easy to use with little or no effort.

Comments about Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner:

I was skepical at first but decided to give it a try. I found this piece of equipment to be lightweight, easy to use and has great manuaverability. I find that the light on the unit I purchased really doesn't help that much. When using the sonic duo I did not feel excessive vibration in the handle which I liked. The sonic duo actually loosened the dirt that was deeply ingrained in the carpet making it brighter after one use. I use mine with the shark navigator that I purchased and was amazed at the amount of dirt this particular product loosened from my heavy traffic areas. I found that it works extremely well on flat carpeting. Not as well on sculptured carpeting but never the less I was happy with the results. I used it as suggested and went over my carpets every couple of weeks I saw a sigificant change in the color of the carpeting. I have also used the sonic duo on my hard floor surfaces and was really happy with the results. I would recommend this product it really does work.

It Works

Comments about Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner:

This isn't my favorite dual action product but when it comes to cleaning hard surfaces, you can't get any better. I only use the Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner in my bathrooms and in the kitchen.For deep set in stains in your carpet, you will drive yourself mad trying to use the Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner to get them out. I had to learn the hard way but that being said, this product isn't a bad or mediocre product. For light stains or for juice that has been spilled within a few moments, this is your product. I use it only if my dogs have an accident in the house and I catch it right then or if my kids spill milk but for tough stains, you're better off using a little elbow grease. Now, on hard surfaces like linoleum, tile and hardwood floor, the Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner will not let you down. Within seconds the mess will be gone and your house will once again be clean. So again, for really tough stains on carpet, don't waste your time but for regular messes on hard floor surfaces and light stains on your carpet, the Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner is a winner all day.

This is a great carpet cleaner.

Comments about Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner:

I recently acquired the Shark Sonic Duo Floor and Carpet cleaner. I will say this product is great! It comes will sample products to use such as a pretreater, carpet cleaner and also a cleaner for your hard floors. Although I have not tried it on the hard floors. It also comes with 4 different washable pads. Two are for the carpet and the other two are for the hard floor surfaces. Then you have two bottles to use on the cleaner one for carpet cleaner and the other for the hard floor cleaner they are different colors. You don't need to use a lot of the carper cleaner to mix with the water which is good. I will give this product a 10+! I had old traffic areas on my one carpet that I could never get out. I sprayed the pretreated on the area and let it set for 10 minutes. Then as you use the Sonic Duo you also spray the carpet cleaner as you are going back and forth a few times then go over your area without spraying a few more times. Let the carpet dry and then vacuum. So easy and it did such a wonderful job. I then went to an old pet stain and used the same method as I did on the high traffic area. Wow the Sonic Duo took care of that stain as well. Next I did my whole hallway and I am so pleased with the outcome. The Sonic Duo is very light weight and very easy to use. I would highly recommend this product well worth it's price.

Shark Sonic Duo

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner:

I purchased this unit to clean my very grimy carpets caused by the walk pattern in my home. I was ready to replace all the carpeting but decided to give this unit a try. I can say that it did a very good job on the grime and other areas of the carpet that had coffee or soda spills. I had to go over the grimy areas numerous times but it was so easy to handle that I didn't mind. I have not used the unit on any hard floors yet but intend to when I get the chance. I have to say that the unit does better than other units I have used.

A Giant Electric Toothbrush for Your Floor

Comments about Shark Sonic Duo Floor & Carpet Cleaner:

If this product was sold only as a mop replacement it would get high marks. Very effective and easy to use. It cleans much better than a regular mop with less effort, although it doesn't do well with big spills.

Unfortunately, the product also promotes itself as a carpet-cleaning device. It's only a supplement to vacuuming which means you have to vacuum and then go over it again with the Shark so you have twice as much work with only moderately cleaner carpet. So, as a carpet cleaner it fails to impress.