3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Better than some, but we wouldn't buy it again

We bought this small hand held vacuum to replace our Dust Buster that we've had for many years. We thought switching brands might give us better performance. It's relatively goods and you can get into small crevices and other areas you can't easily reach with a big upright, but I think it's suction leaves something to be desired. I also don't like having to hold it sideways so that the mouth becomes horizontal (so it reaches more); it's awkward that way.

Maneuverability
It's not too big, so it can reach areas that you might not otherwise be able to reach. It's nose is slit vertically rather than horizontal, so it's good in the sense of reaching into corners where a wide, flat, horizontal opening wouldn't fit. But it can't reach under very low things like the hose on an upright vacuum cleaner could.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to pop apart and just shake out the garbage. I don't believe there' any other maintenance.

Suction Performance
Not as strong as I would like, and it seems to be a little weaker as it ages. Could be that the battery can't be recharged as often as it ideally should be.

Versatility
Good at where you can take it and what you can reach.

Positives and negatives. Vertical front opening is good for corners, but a horizontal one would be more efficient with flat surfaces. You can rotate the unit to achieve both layouts, but it's awkward.

Seems to get weaker as it ages.

Shark Cordless

My shark hand vacuum has so far performed about as expected, it certainly doesn't come close to the suction of a regular vacuum, but it's great for quick clean ups and for getting the crumbs out of furniture or the stair risers. It's lightweight, easy to use, much better than dragging out the main vacuum and the attachments. My only complaint is that the charge could be a little better, as after about 20 minutes, it starts to lose suction.

Best Cordless Vacuum

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

I love this cordless vacuum. I bought this item after about a year of when I had bought my Shark navigator vacuum. I did my research on quite a few different cordless vacuums, and I mainly got this one because of other reviews I read on it, and also I love my upright Shark vacuum, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with this product. I mostly bought this item to be able to quickly vacuum up messes (crackers, chips, etc.) and also to vacuum out my car. I can let it charge on the base and then go out and vacuum my car out, and avoid having to go to a carwash or somewhere else to vacuum it and pay for it. It is also great to use on stairs, so you don't have to carry your vacuum up and down the stairs. It picks up dirt and messes very well too. It is very light and easy to dump the dirt out when you are finished using it. If this one ever quits working, I will definitely get another one. I would highly recommend this brand and product to anyone.

Excellent portable vacuum

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

I'm so glad I seen this on here to review because I haven't had this for long and I already am obsessed with using it. It's so easy to use and it comes from the shark brand that already have other great items. It started with looking for a newer, lighter vacuum with better suction for the car. We drive a lot and with the kids eating a lot in the back seat it becomes ridiculous if it's not cleaned good. So I was browsing on the internet and came across the shark 12 volt cordless vacuum and bought it after reading great reviews about it. I first used it in my car and the suction on it lasts for a long time compared to other cordless vacuums. It picks up pretty much anything in my car on the floor, seats, and mats and has three attachable heads to choose from including a great one that cleans between crevices. I use it in my house too for my couch so I don't have to pull the vacuum out every time and it's a lot lighter. All of the dirt and crumbs go right into the front container and easy to pull out and dump in the garbage so no need to buy bags or deal with changing them. It's made cleaning smaller places a lot easier and the price isn't bad for the service. I would recommend it.

• Versatility:

The unit looks like a shark's face and gobbles up dirt.

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

This machine is excellent. It is handy for quick spills and cleaning up dust bunnies that accumulate around corners or on couches or beds. I am constantly using it for spilt salt or other items like toast crumbs that fall on the floor after my grandchildren have been here.

Maneuverability
This product is extremely maneuverable. It gets into places and spaces that crumbs and dirt seem to fall. I can use it on the top shelf of my closet or behind my toilet.

Ease of Maintenance
Keeping the unit clean is a breeze. The nozzle comes off easily and you can wash it with soap and water. We have had our shark for a long time and we keep it well maintained and that it why it has lasted so long.

Suction Performance
The suction performance is very good. There are some areas, though, like dog hair, that it doesn't get the fabric clean without a lot of elbow grease.

Versatility
This unit will pick up anything that fits in the nozzle, Wet or dry.

The design is great except I think the nozzle could be a bit bigger.

This unit is extremely durable. I have dropped it and nothing happened, After 3 years, it looks good as new.

Better than some, but we wouldn't buy it again

from Liberty, KY

Versatility
Good at where you can take it and what you can reach.

Seems to get weaker as it ages.

Good for small spaces

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

This little shark vacuum gets the job done. Its nothing special, but needing this for small spaces it can be pretty useful. The charge can die fairly quickly, but its not meant to last a long time being a hand vac. The suction isn't bad, though some things it might struggle to pick up. This can also be great to use in cars.

Maneuverability
Well its a small hand vacuum, so it can go around pretty easily and fit in tight corners and small spaces.

Ease of Maintenance
It doesn't take up a lot of space and isn't tough to clean being so small.

Suction Performance
It's not bad at all, though sometimes you'll need to go over a spot a few times. Obviously it won't be as strong as a regular vacuum, though you shouldn't expect it to be.

Versatility
You can take it anywhere pretty much, from a small closet to a car to just needing to get some quick spots done in a large room.

It doesn't really look much different or do much that other hand vacuum models do.

The product itself stands up well enough, I gave it a 7 for the charges not always lasting long.

Does not hold a charge

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

I was in the market for a cordless vacuum mainly for the purpose of vacuuming my car. I really like my Shark upright vacuum and found it be a very good value. I thought that this must be a brand I can count on and decided to get the same brand for my cordless vacuum. What a mistake. It does not hold it's charge for more than 2 minutes, and the amount of suction it has reduces significantly about 30 second after switching it on. Even with full charge, the suction is adequate, but not great. It is very disappointing. In order to get much use out of it, I have to leave it plugged in while I use it, which is pretty much defeating the purpose of buying a separate cordless vacuum. I have found it much easier to bring my full size upright outside and run the cord through the window. That way I get the full suction capabilities and I don't have to worry about it losing it's charge. Overall, a giant waste money.

great little helper

from Coronado, CA

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

I consider this shark cordless hand vacuum my special little helper. I keep it in my car and with children in and out the car taking them to and from extracurricular activities and eating snacks, doing homework on the go you'll want...no you'll need something like this. Its a strong little powerful vacuum and it picks up everything. Dog hair and cheerios are no match for this shark vacuum. It has a very long battery life which is nice for someone like me who either doesn't have time or simply forgets to charge. Its safe enough for an older child to use and help with vacuuming and it gets into small spaces, under seats, floor boards, dashboard etc... its portable and can be brought into the home or office etc and it cleans fairly easily.

Cleans all spaces great.

Ease of Maintenance
cleans very well very low maintenance.

Gets into small spaces.

Cleans cars homes etc...

Nice and lightweight

Very durable

Not friendly device

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

Battery lasted 2 weeks. I had to get rid of a brand new vacuum! Is not human friendly since you must not forget to unplug the device when fully charged, otherwise you encounter immediate and permanent battery dammage. Do not buy this product. Dead duck. Dead shark.

Does not work.

Battery dead forever over 2 weeks

see other comments

does the job

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

We have this hand vacuum for picking up crumbs etc. and have been pleased with it overall. I find it easier to use to pick up dust etc after sweeping than a dust pan. I cannot say that there is anything about this vacuum that would compell me to buy it over another competitor's brand, though there is also nothing that would prevent or deter me from buying it again. my favorite thing about it is probably the simple way it charges with just a small plug. I'm not sure if this is unique, but it is an improvement over the large battery pack charger my last one needed. For the price, this is a good tool for any home to have.--I can't imagine not having a hand vac of some sort!

Best Handheld Vacuum

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Shark 12-Volt Cordless Hand Vacuum:

This is a very good handheld vacuum. Although, it is small it really gets the job done. I find it is more powerful than other brands of handheld vacuums. It is relatively light and very easy to use. I find it very useful for vacuuming my car. I also like to use it to vacuum up hair in the bathroom. It is powerful enough to suck up dirt and dust. I find this great for when you have a small job to do and you don't want to fiddle with the vacuum and its attachments. It just makes cleaning a whole lot easier. I also use it in the kitchen to suck up spilled cereal and pasta. It is also very affordable and durable. I have had mine for about five years.