Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum

Pros

Cons

Works well, but for a very short time

I bought this handheld vacuum to use for the stairs in our home, and to use outside when cleaning the cars. I like the Dyson name and the products that they sell, so I thought it would be worth the money spent. This machine is more expensive than normal handheld vacuums.
The suction is great on this and it is very easy to use. It is lightweight and the attachments are great for getting to smaller areas.
I did not like the battery life. It is very short, maybe 30 minutes if you are lucky. It can become more of a pain to have to wait for it to charge up again before using it. I wanted to hang it in the laundry room close to an outlet for easy charging, however the bracket that they give you is not strong enough to keep the vacuum in place. We use this vacuum still, however we know we have limited battery life and have to clean fast.

Maneuverability
The attachments on this vacuum are great for being able to get into smaller areas in the car or under furniture.

I think the design could be better for being able to store this product.

Wish the battery lasted longer

This handheld vacuum is easy to use and has good suction but I wish that the battery lasted longer. Fully charged I only get about 5 minutes of run time. Sometimes after it dies, if I wait a minute I can get another minute out of it, but it's not continuous. I've also noticed that if I hold it upside down to get in hard to reach places, the battery lasts even less. I also wish that there was a way to get it to stay on without manually holding the button down. It is nice for a quick cleanup job and I use it in my car frequently, but I am never able to get the whole car cleaned on one battery charge. The filter is easy to clean and it is easy to empty out the dirt it collects.

Maneuverability
It's easy to move around, but having to hold the button down to keep it on makes it hard on your hands.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to clean filter and empty out dirt.

Suction Performance
Easily sucks up small and medium dirt/objects.

Versatility
It's great for small jobs but that is about it.

See above mention of battery lasting and having to hold button down.

This is where dyson usually excels!

Works well, but for a very short time

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Maneuverability

I think the design could be better for being able to store this product.

I love everything about Dyson

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

I bought this little, easy to use, handheld Dyson to replace my handheld Hoover. I primarily use this handheld vacuum for my vehicles, and and my camper. I own multiple Dyson vacuum's and this one impresses like the rest. It gets my vehicle carpet very clean, and gets stuff out of the carpet I didn't even know was there. It never loses suction no matter what I use it for. Its very good at cleaning out the cracks of the seats, and also under the car seats. I also use this for my camper. It does a great job in the carpet areas of my camper, and also very good on the linoleum. The battery life of this Dyson is also very good. I can get several uses out of it, before I even have to think about charging it. All in all, Dyson makes a great product, and this ranks up there with the rest. Its a great vacuum to purchase.

Maneuverability
Very easy to use, and manuever in any vehicle, or camper.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to empty, and clean.

Feels bulky at times.

Powerful handheld vacuum

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

I love this handheld vacuum. It's the most powerful one I've ever used, and it makes cleaning up the floors much easier. With two dogs and a toddler running around the house, I use this device several times a day. It picks up dog hair, dirt, crumbs, and just about anything else that fits with ease.
I do wish it were easier to get it underneath furniture and other hard to reach places. The body of the vacuum makes it difficult to get to those hard to reach places, but it is something that I can live with.
Battery life could be a little better, but I generally get all my vacuuming done with time to get it back on the charger before it dies.

Ease of Maintenance
Rinsing out the filter has been really easy to do, and there's not much else to maintain.

Suction Performance
The best part of this vacuum is how great the suction is. I've used other handhelds, and after a short while they lose suction and become pretty useless. After many many uses, this vacuum has not lost any suction.

• Versatility:

does a good job and light weight

from Dublin, OH

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

Very light weight and easy to handle. It charges quickly and the max button is really handy if you have a spill like cereal or coffee grounds. Not crazy about the attachment with the brush that slides. However, I love Dyson products. They last and are easy to maintain

Ease of Maintenance
Never had to touch the dirt

Awesome Suction!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

The Dyson DC30 handheld vacuum has truly been a time saver. There are times when you don't want to lug out your big heavy vacuum when you only have a little mess to clean up. I already owned a Dyson upright vacuum that I love, so I had been wanting to try their handheld version for quite some time now. Just like the upright, you have no loss of suction. I use it all the time. With a busy five year old in my house, I am constantly cleaning up messes. The attachments are great. I like that there is a crevice tool attachment. I use it a lot for baseboards and cleaning those pesky little cobwebs out of the corners. The brush is excellent for keyboards. It is super easy to clean too. Just hold the canister over your trash can and with the flick of one button, it easily empties into the bin.

Wish the battery lasted longer

from Corvallis, OR

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to clean filter and empty out dirt.

Suction Performance
Easily sucks up small and medium dirt/objects.

Versatility
It's great for small jobs but that is about it.

See above mention of battery lasting and having to hold button down.

This is where dyson usually excels!

Easy to use

from Tallmadge, OH

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

This is super easy to use and a great quick pick up, especially around the edges. The suction is much more than I thought it could be for a little vacuum too. But for the price you pay i really expected the battery to last longer. I would also like to see the charger be more of a plug in rather than a large base.

Handheld Dyson AWFUL

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

DO NOT BUY! I would not recommend the Dyson hand held to anyone. After only a couple of months the battery would not hold a charge. Dyson replaced the battery free of charge. That lasted only about another 6 weeks with very little use. It turned on and right back off again. Contacted Dyson and we were told with was and "over heat" protection. It makes the product useles. This not only happened to me but to my son who had bought his before me. It is completely useless. Will not even turn on. If we got 15 hrs of use (total) out of it that would be a stretch. A simple dustbuster outperformed the Dyson on all levels. When it worked it had poor suction quality. Thinking it was high quality, I was willing to absord the extra expense. My money and time were completely wasted on this product.

Another wonderful product from Dyson

from Buckeye, AZ

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

I received this as a gift one year. I love it. We have a microfiber couch that it cleans up beautifully, which is a miracle with all of the pet hair we have in our house. It's a great product and a brand that I'll be sticking with for a long long time.

• Versatility:

I love the look of this thing--makes me want to use it more.

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Dyson DC30 Handheld Vacuum:

I love this handheld vacuum. it works extremely well, maintains very good suction, but I have to say one of the things I like best is its wonderful design. I never get tired of looking at it.

Wonderful design