Other Vacuums:

Black & Decker 9.6 Volt Cyclonic-Action Cordless DustBuster Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

OMG..... This machine works great!

I have 2 young adults still living at home, 2 dogs and 1 cat.  Gosh, our house can get a little messy, depending on how busy everyone is, but this Black and Decker cordless vacuum can really help us in situations where time is of the essence!  Whether it is friends just coming over for dinner, people dropping in somewhat unexpectedly or relatives coming into town for vacation, it seems that there are always too many things to do and too little time.  With this handy little cordless, the kids and I are able to tidy up the most important parts when we don't have the time to do more extensive cleaning.  When we do know that we are having visitors, we have the time to do a bang-up job getting into all of the nooks and crannies that a lot of the conventional vacuums are unable to reach, stairs, corners, underneath furniture.  It is convenient also in the fact that it can be used outside to clean the vehicles too.  I can't tell you the number of times I have gone to the carwash and then on to the vacuum machines to clean out the inside of the car and the vacuums there don't work or they are too bulky to get under the seats, not to mention the fact that the floormats need to be done as well and the vacuums there never seem to actually get the dirt out.  The effort alone that is saved by using this little Black and Decker cordless vacuum is worth the cost of the machine.  I work 10 to 12 hours a day and do not always have the time to pull out the big vacuum to clean just the living room or the dining room, and with this machine I can even do the chairs at the dining room table!  The engine is strong enough to maintain suction in even some sticky situations and it picks up almost anything.  It does a particularly great job on the dog hairs that my pups leave on the carpet and (I hate to admit) the furniture when there is no one at home watching them.  It charges easily and maintains the charge for a decent period of time.  It picks up all of the dust and is very easy to use.  It is also compact enough to keep in the car if you know that you will be in your vehicle for an extended period of time, especially with the kids, such as on vacations, extended car trips and, depending on the circumstances, or even if you are just going to the store and the kids "needed" a bag of chips on the way because they were famished...right.  I am not completely fond of having to empty the bag as many times as it takes to do a thorough job while cleaning, but that is a small sacrifice for the portability of this vacuum.  Whatever the job, large or small, this vacuum seems to be able to handle it.  I truly have had to use it for a variety of purposes and it has not really let me down at all.  I have recommended it to friends and family and they also have had great experiences with it.  My mother sews a lot and it has even been able to pick up her scraps and loose pins and needles.  It works better on fabric or carpet surfaces, but I have had to use it on a bare floor before when there was no broom available and it worked there as well.  It does not make a lot of noise, so I am able to use it when my grandchildren are sleeping, and it does not bother the dogs as much as my larger vacuum does.  It stores easily and does not take up a lot of space while charging, and the fact that it is rechargeable is also a very big plus in these "green" times.  I use rechargeable products whenever possible and this makes it easier than ever.  I have used Black and Decker since as far back as I can remember, from screwdrivers to drills, and this machine works as well as any they have ever come out with.  It is a quality brand and a quality product, and I think it would make a great Christmas gift for the person who has "everything."  I am even thinking of buying a second one to keep solely in my vehicle so that I don't have to move the one in the house so often.  I think that the things I like most about the Black and Decker cordless vacuum are the fact that I can take it anywhere, that it works for a long time on just a short charge time and that it actually works pretty much as promised.  I think it would be perfect for an efficiency apartment where space is limited and that it is perfect as an adjunct to the regular vacuums that people use for their homes when time is limited or the task at hand simply does not require the use of a large vacuum.  It comes in very handy when the kids make a small mess and there is no time to make a big production of the cleanup; also, the kids like to use it because of its small size, making it easy for them to "help."  All in all, I think this would get a "2-thumbs up" on my list of products that make my life just a little bit easier!

Space saving and cordless

I bought this to help me to clear the dust and dirt from my car. I wall mounted the vacuum to the garage wall. It looks neat and space saving. It is easy to retrieve when I needed it.

The bad thing is I got to plan ahead when I wanted to use the hand held vacuum. Like any cordless devices or tools, I got to charge it first before using it. However, this is offset with the ease of vacuuming without tangled cord.

If I am not mistaken, most cordless device are not that powerful. This is exactly what I have gone through with this handheld. Usually I tried to clean the most dirtiest part of my car first such as the car floor before reaching to the car seats. That way, I could finish vacuum with enough charge.

Like some of other users, I also noticed that the suction is not too strong after used it for so many times. I would recommend for new users to diligently clean the vacuum after each use to ensure that the filter is not clogged.

Overall, it is not a "too bad" tool to have in a small 2-door garage. You could also srategically place it in other area of the house depending where you want to have a quick vacuum.

Sturdy, Good Suction, Not All-Purpose

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Black & Decker 9.6 Volt Cyclonic-Action Cordless DustBuster Vacuum:

I like having a handheld vacuum option for small spills, tabletops and closet corners. This Black and Decker Cordless works very well in those capacities.

The vacuum charges on a base, via electrical plug. I try and charge it only when I am home as I do not not to leave things plugged in. When fully charged (8 hours or so) it's a good, powerful hand held vacuum which I like to use on the dining and kitchen counter for crumbs, or to spot-clean dirt piles from shoes or the like. If it doesn't charge fully you can hear the motor slow down. Hair can get caught easily through the mouth, so be sure to clean it when you empty the canister. The canister pops in and out easily, making for a simple clean and empty.

The mouth is wide which can limit where it can go. The charging base is small and fits almost anywhere. Although I wouldn't hate a more narrow nozzle option, overall this is a decent buy, although probably a bit overpriced. It is sturdy however - I use it a few times a week and mine is 4 years old, no sign of problems!

Good for small spills

from Westchester, IL

The Black & Decker ChV9608 Vacuum is a nice little machine that has served me well throughout the years. I mainly use this vacuum in the kitchen and in the laundry room. This product does an excellent job of sucking up crumbs from under my cabinet and refrigerator. The design of this vacuum makes it easy for me to clean my dog's cage without actually getting my body fully inside it. This vacuum is so quiet that I can hold a reasonable level conversation with some one in the next room. I was able to have several cleaning sessions without emptying the debris container. I also loved that this vacuum didn't need to be charged every 5 minutes like similar vacuums in its price range. I was able to clean several spills up over a week and I never once had to recharge this vacuum. I would definitely recommend the Black & Decker CH9608 to anyone looking for a reasonable priced handheld vacuum for small cleaning jobs.

Black and Decker Cordless Dustbuster is great

from Arlington, TX

The Black and Decker Cordless Dustbuster is great for cleaning up small messes. Sometimes you don't want to bring out the big vacuum so this is a great alternative. It's not very expensive at all and I think that it is actually quite affordable. I have hide mine for about a year or two and it's still holding up very well. It's cordless so you don't have to deal with cords tangling on you but you have to charge it in order to use it. When I'm done, I just charge it so that the next time I have to use it, I don't have to wait. I use this around the litter box because it is always messy around that area and I can't be bothered to sweep it up every time. Using the Black and Decker cordless vacuum makes cleanup easy and I'm done in a matter of seconds. I don't know how I would deal with the litter box if it weren't for this vacuum. I think that this would also be great for people with stairs because you can get into the hard to reach places.

Lasted only for 6 months

from NA

I purchased this product online about three years back and got the delivery within a week. I trusted this brand as I had used the product of this brand earlier and it worked very well. This product worked fine only for 6 months after which it stopped working. It was tough to use the product as it could not suck hair balls lying on the ground fast and all used to get stuck at the edge. Since there is lot of dirt around the corners and especially since hair falling is a big problem, it is tough to use the vacuum to clean all the difficult areas of the house. I had to clean these areas on my own without the vacuum cleaner.

The product looks awesome but does not work so well. It is light in weight and this is one of the good facts of this product. The main drawback is that the product is not long lasting and even the earlier product stopped working within a year. Since the price is reasonable, I purchased it but I do not recommend this product.

• Versatility:

The appliance that every house needs

I have been using the Black & Decker Dustbuster series for about 20 years, and recently bought this unit to replace an older one. The quality of this model is very good, and the price is not expensive either.

Maneuverability
This fits nicely into tight spaces where a full size vacuum cleaner just won't fit. I often used it to clean-up edges and other areas that I couldn't get to when vacuuming a room.

Ease of Maintenance
This is easy enough to clean and simple to charge. I don't get my hands too dirty when cleaning/emptying it either.

Suction Performance
This is not the highest powered Dustbuster but is good enough for most little jobs I need it for.

Versatility
You can put these in any room and always find a use for it if you, your family or pets make a mess.

I prefer more simple colors without the red highlights, but this is not unattractive in its current form.

I assume that this will last a long time. The plastic seems tough enough, and I expect the battery might be the first part to go on this unit.

• Versatility:

A mighly Vacuum in a small package

from Brooklyn, NY

Black & Decker CHV9608 9.6 Volt Cyclonic-Action Cordless DustBuster Vacuum is the best vacuum I ever used in my life. I really do not clean around my house that often. This vacuum makes cleaning easy and fun. The vacuum is really lightweight and it’s easy to hold. The vacuum is really powerful and can pick up a lot of dirt and dust. It is great for cleaning small and hard to reach areas such as for example behind or underneath a desk or chair. Also the Black and decker are great for many rooms and stairs. For example the vacuum is excellent for bedrooms, college or university dorm rooms, stairs and hallways. The vacuum can hold a lot of dirt and dust. It can take a while in order to fill up the dust holder. To clean the dust holder all you have to do is press the dot button and detach the dust holder. The dust easily goes down in to your trash. The Black & Decker CHV9608 9.6 Volt Cyclonic-Action Cordless DustBuster also has an extended nose in which can be used to extend too hard to reach places. The vacuum does not take long to change and does not lost battery power that easily. The vacuum prices I have saw does not make this vacuum expensive. The vacuum is really cost effective for any family. In household, the vacuum has been a great tool.

Great design

Cordless DustBuster Vacuum is perfect for those little messes

from Bentonville, AR

My mother in law gave me a Black & Decker CHV9608 9.6 Volt Cyclonic-Action Cordless DustBuster Vacuum not too long ago as a gift. I have to say it has gotten a ton of use around the house. My ten-year-old uses it to vacuum the baseboards while I use the bigger vacuum to do the rest of the floors. It charges quickly, holds a charge for longer than I expected and is easy to grab to clean up those little messes. Way better than having to drag out the big vacuum.

It's perfect for those small messes, especially for moms with young children who make messes at the dinner table. I just grab it, and quickly clean up the circle of crumbs under my child's chair. Perfect for baseboards and hard to reach places.****

• Versatility:

The Black & Decker dustbuster works great.

from San Diego, CA

I am writing a review about the Black & Decker Cyclonic-Action Cordless DustBuster. This dust buster is the best dust buster I have ever used. The word cyclonic in the title is perfect because that is exactly what it does. It is like a mini cyclone system in the dust buster and it works great. It picks up like a big vacuum machine and I really love that it is cordless because then I can just grab and go. I can easily take it all over the house wherever I need a quick and powerful clean up. It also works great to get into tight spaces like stairs and steps or corners that a traditional vacuum cannot get to. I use this for all kinds of messes and it is absolutely awesome. I use it on carpet or hardwood floors and even use it on tile in the bathrooms. It is a powerful little machine that really sucks up all sorts of dirt and messes. I also use it on furniture and it gets all of the cat hair and under the sofa cushions it picks up all the crumbs and pieces of stuff that I have no idea how they got there. It is a great little machine!

Black&Decker Dust Bust Vacuum

from Bakersfield, CA

Really I have found Dust Busters have been around for sometime.But I like this dust buster,it is quite and does the job.It isn't big like most dust busters,it picks up real good.You don't have excess dust coming out.Picks up hair,lint etc.You don't have to change all those extra bags that most of them have.I like it would recommened.It's handy even a kid can use it to clean up.Be mommies little helper

Good For the Money

from Goose Creek, SC

We bought this dust buster to clean up small spills and crumbs in our kitchen made by our toddler. We have been very pleased with its performance. It seems to pick up most anything you can throw at it, as long as it is pretty small pieces. If you have large pieces to be picked up, this doesn't work as well. I like the little attachment that comes out so you can pick up stuff in more concentrated areas. This works really well when we are trying to get up crumbs in our son's high chair. The one complaint I have about it is the battery power does not last very long. We have to have it on the charger constantly so that it is ready to go when we need to use it. Overall, it is a good product and didn't break the bank, so it works fine for us.