4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The best stick vacuum I have ever owned!!!

I found this vacuum when I was shopping with my mom on Black Friday. I was in the market for a new stick vacuum because I originally purchased the Swiffer Sweep n Vac which I was VERY disappointed with because of it's poor suction power and pathetic battery life. I was somewhat wary about getting another stick vacuum in case I just encountered the same issues. The first thing that made me want the Shark 2-in-1 was the fact that it had an electrical cord instead of being rechargeable like the Swiffer. The other thing that was great was the size of the collection cup. I am able to vacuum my entire house (which is mostly tile) without even emptying the cup!! After buying this I will never look for a different stick vacuum!!!!! I would recommend this vacuum to everyone (and I already have because I convinced my mom to buy one). I love Shark products and can't wait to get the Shark Steam Mop which will be my next purchase.

The Euro-Pro Shark SV800 Stick Vac was a big disappointment.

The Euro-Pro Shark SV800 Stick Vac was the second Shark I have purchased over the years and although we purchased a more expensive Model this time, it was still disappointment.  I purchased this model strictly to vacume our wood floors and a couple of area rugs we have in those rooms, and although it does work much better than the cheap starter model we used to have, it still has problems sucking up larger crumbs.  I find myself going over and over and over the bigger crumbs and most times it just moves them to another place on my floor.

The suction power is not strong enough to get crumbs, dirt, etc. by the edges of the walls and most times I still wind up having to grab my broom and get anything within a half inch from the wall.   We have about 2,000 square feet of wood floors and even using both batteries til they run out I can' vacume my whole house at one time.  I keep the setting on the hard floor setting when I vacume over the two area rugs because if I hit the rug setting it eats up the battery in a matter of a minute or two.

One of my batteries doesn't quite fit right in the charger and sometimes I put it one of them back in the charger and the red light comes on letting me know it is now charging, and then moments later I might come back and the light have gone off telling me it wasn't charging for some reason any longer.  Now the spinning brush will stop spinning for no apparent reason and I have to keep turning the unit off and waiting for 10 seconds for it to re-set before I continue vacuming.

One more minor complaint is that the dust cup is easy to accidently come disconnected.  Pros are that it is lightweight, cordless, and if all you need to vacume is dust and small crumbs that aren't next to the corners of walls, then this is your vacume.  :)   Maybe I just got a bad vacume, but I'm going to try and take it back as defective and definitely not exchange it for another of the same kind.

The Best

from Nixa, Missouri

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Office
    • Stairs

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

This is simply the best cordless stick vac I've ever owned. Since my original conked out (after 5 years of hard, frequent use), I had to move on to some other brands. I'm on #3, and they are pieces of junk -- none have even come close to matching the durability, ease of use, and options on this Shark. I'm trying desperately to find a "discontinued Shark vac" site so I can purchase another one.

Valuable Little "Sidekick" to Your Heavy Hitter

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

A good small, lightweight, backup vacuum or unit for small jobs. Like most modern vacuums (both inexpensive and pricey), I don't think it will last very long, but who knows! Maybe it will! If youre serious about cleaning, (as with allergy problems etc) consider spending on a good unit like a Miele (which cleans the dust and air... not just the floor). However if you dont have the funds, or want something cordless this is good.

Maneuverability
    Its small and light, and it maneuvers accordingly. The cordlessness really helps, although having a cord isn't that much of a burden anyway... it is good for maneuverability.

Ease of Maintenance
    Honestly I hate bagless. I really do. But that's all thats most commonly available now. I do like not having to pay for overpriced bags... but... its a lot dirtier really, doing it this way.

Suction Performance
    Decent suction. No complaints, For such a small unit it works.

Versatility
    Nice feature, being cordless. detachable stick is pretty standard, but yes. It is good in this regard.

I think it could be sturdier, although at this price maybe not! Its not a true deep cleaner/dust remover. If you have allergies I recommend a better vaccuum (like a Miele)- and it will cost you.

So far so good! I dont plan on this lasting forever but it has worked so far so no complaints YET!

• Versatility:

Small and easy to maneuver, not much power with short battery

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

The Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac is a great concept. The lightweight and maneuverability make it very easy to use and get into small areas. The battery makes it quick to move form one room to another without lugging a power cord around. Unfortunately after a while that battery no longer lasts long enough to finish one room, let alone move from one room to another on the same charge. The suction power is also lost over time and will barely pick anything up. A few years after purchasing this vacuum we find ourselves going over the same areas several times and still not getting everything. We went out and bought a traditional plug-in heavy bulky vacuum and were amazed at how much dirt and dust it picked up that this light, small, cordless model left behind.
    It is a great idea, however poorly executed. I would only recommend this vacuum if you live in a small space, dorm rooms and small apartments would be perfect. For those of you living in a 2 story house it sounds great to have a lightweight cordless vacuum that you can run from room to room with and carry up the stairs with ease, but this guy just simply can't handle that after a year or so of use.

Exceptional maneubverability

Ease of Maintenance
    easy to clean and get back to work

Suction Performance
    At first it is great, no issues, but after a year or so suction drops off dramatically.

Versatility
    very versatile and easy to get into small spaces.

outside design is good, no issues, inside design could use some improvement as power is lost after about a year of use in a moderate size home.

As stated before, the vacuum become a large paperweight after a year or so,

Great for area rugs.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

Have had this vacuum for the last year. Love how well it picks up dirt on my area rug in the dining room. Hate how quickly it loses a charge. Great for random use but not meant for a whole floor. Would recommend for that.

• Versatility:

The Shark 2-in-1 Cordless vac is perfect for everyday use!

from Holly, MI

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

This vacuum picks up debris from the floor well, is easy to maneuver, and is quiet. The handle is ergonimically correct so it makes vacuuming less of a chore. Also, since it is cordless, it is easy to push around the house without getting tangled or having to keep the cord out of the way. Just make sure to keep it charged!

• Versatility:

actually works like it says !!!

from Alexandria, IN

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

actuallty works as promised. easy to use & store. like being able to use hand vac also

Maneuverability
    use, light to use and gets under beds etc.

open & dump out dirt

Suction Performance
    very good at getting dog hair up

2 in 1 vacs is great at saving time & energy

average

had mine a yr or so & still works as good as brand new

• Versatility:

Good for specific types of floors

from Ottawa, IL

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

Like many cordless proooducts, I find his Shark runs well out of the box, and then life happens. For example, the battery ran well for about 6 month and then started to run down quicker an quicker

Ease of Maintenance
    I had my first battery rebuilt but still needed a new, factory battery. Now the toggle switch has gone bad - I only have high speed.

Suction Performance
    My vacumn is used primarily to pick up cat litter (I have 3). It worked OK on low speed but NW w/only high speed working, it has a tendency to send the litter flying.

I would have preferred a rechargin stand that the unit slips into rater than needing t remove the battery an plugging it into the charger.

See prior comments

• Versatility:

I couldn't do without my SHARK!

from Gulfport, MS

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

My family and I recently moved back home, and my husband surprised me with a beautiful new home (new for us) which sits on a Lake. We have two cats & two dogs, which all shed a LOT, along with tracking in dirt and sand from the Lake, DAILY! At first, I absolutely LOVED the look of my Black and White flooring, which is either ceramic or stone; we are still not sure which, yet. It was a home in foreclosure, so it was purchased through a bank and we didn't get a lot of detail. After about a week, I realized that it was going to be necessary to clean those floors daily and sometimes twice a day. I found myself beginning to HATE those black and white floors! Our entire downstairs area is covered in tile, except for one bedroom, which has carpet and no one ever sees. I was told that the previous owners used a Swiffer Wet Jet and that would do the job just fine. Until recently, I didn't know that the chemicals in the liquid is bad for our animals, so I bought one and began using it almost twice a day to keep the floors clean and looking nice. Sweeping and mopping, over and over again! Purchasing those refill pad and the liquid almost weekly. In some areas, there would always be a cloudy look, almost like a film, on the black tiles. I am sure it dulled the white ones too; I just didn't notice it as much. So, to try and get rid of the "cloudy" look I would find myself on hands and knees with a spray bottle of even MORE chemicals and a roll of paper towels hand mopping almost the entire tile area. Now you see why I began to loathe these floors. I had heard about the Shark floor steamer and had seen the infomercials a few times over the years, but never really needed one. Suddenly, I found myself thinking about that floor steamer a lot! Hubby bought me one a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. At first, I thought it wasn't going to be as I expected because when I first used it, that "cloudy" look was there, but after researching reasons for this, I found out that it is was due to all of the chemical residue left on my floors from all the different cleaners that I had used almost daily over the last 8 months. I also learned that using chemicals on your tile or wood floors attracts more dirt, and I can attest to that fact. I have noticed that my floors are staying cleaner longer since using the Shark Vac Then Steam. It took me going over the same areas twice to remove the residue left behind in the high traffic areas with my Shark on steam mode, and my black and white tile floors were sparkling! My father in law asked me just yesterday if I had waxed my floors!

I love the Vacuum mode as well. It is kind of loud, but as others are saying, it is as loud as any other vacuum, and to not have to sweep anymore is a major benefit for me. The Shark Vac mode easily gets up all of the dog & cat hair along with my long hair and doesn't spread dirt around like my vacuum did. I was amazed at how much of the floors I could vacuum without emptying the canister.

I highly recommend this product for anyone with sealed tile, stone or wood flooring! The Shark Vac Then Steam is worth every penny we spent on this purchase. I know I will soon see the savings from not having to purchase all that liquid and all those pads anymore. Not to mention the harm that those chemicals could have caused my animals. Thanks to SHARK for making a great product!!

The Euro-Pro Shark Hand Vac is Very Handy

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

I found this hand vac on sale, and because the price was right, I bought two of them. I keep one upstairs and the other downstairs. What's good about having two of them is that if one fizzles out while I'm vacuuming, I can complete the job with the other one. The charge does last a long time, but sometimes I don't want to drag out my vacuum and use it to clean a large area. I like the Shark Hand Vac a lot because it has great suction. It actually inhales every crumb! My husband and I use it on a daily basis to clean around our parrot's cage, as he is always throwing his food out of it. It also works very well on the area rug in my family room which tends to shed. When not in use, I always keep both Sharks plugged in and charging. Another thing I like about the Shark Vac is that it is easy to empty. With a flick of your finger you can empty the unit. Everything empties out with ease. It's not a replacement for a full sized vacuum, but it is great for cleaning around small areas. I would definitely recommend this product!

Great stick vacuum

from Springfield, VA

Comments about Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum \\VX63:

I have had this for a short time, but I am very happy with my purchase.  I love the fact that you have 2 in 1 so you can switch to a hand held when necessary.  I also love the fact that it is lightweight and I am able to carry it anywhere.  But mostly, I am pleased with the power and its ability to pick up on my wooden kitchen floor as well as my carpeted areas.  Except for the fact that I wished that it would stay charged longer, this is a great purchase and I am very pleased.