2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

Like Sleeping on a Cloud

The serta Vera Wang matress is like no other mattress I've ever slept on. It contours to the shape of my body and takes all of the pressure off my back and joints. I've had problems with sciatica for years and then I got this mattress and except for a couple of flare ups I live virtually pain free. I've never slept better in my life. I love getting into my bed and letting it absorb me. I feel so safe and protected. It's like being hugged by angels.

One of the only downfalls of this mattress is you have to spin it often and switch were you sleep on the bed or else you have a dent which is no big deal because it's your dent and fits your body but when you make the bed it looks silly. Since I don't bring a lot of company in my bedroom I don't really care if I have a dent.

There's one more downfall about this mattress...when you sleep out of town at friends houses or you sleep in a hotel it feels like you're sleeping on a rock after your body gets used to this bed.

Calling ths a "Latex" matress is deceiving

We purchased this Vera Wang mattress about 9 months ago.  In the showroom the mattress feels firm, when we made the purchase the mattress did not indicate firm (as described by the salesman) on the invoice description ; this should have been our first warning.  Upon calling Serta to understand how the mattress firmness stacked up I was told that they did not rate the latex mattresses on firmness.  This should have been strong warning number 2.  As it turns out Serta, for some unknown reason, uses the expensive Talalay latex as the core and then puts 2 inches of cheap polyurethane foam on top of it, completely defeating all of the benefits of latex.  For 1,500 or more you would expect that a latex mattress would be latex, not so.  Within the time period for the comfort guarantee we had noticeable sag in the mattress; the polyurethane foam was already breaking down.  We swapped the foam for a memory foam bed which really was not comfortable and ended up getting this one back hoping that we could break it in.  After what is rapidly approaching a year the sags in the middle have gotten worse and so has the back pain and tossing during the night.  Since the sag is over 1-1/2 inches we are hoping to replace this under warranty.  The visible 1-1/2 inch sag really does not indicate the extent of the problem with this mattress.  Due to the use of cheap polyurethane on top of the latex the top two inches have no support in the sag area and are still hard in other areas; terrible design.  I would advise buying a latex mattress but only if you will be sleeping on the latex and not some other cheap foam.

Vera Wang Should be Renamed Very Wrong

from Bay Area CA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Can use only one side of the mattress
    • Develops Cavity
    • price

• Primary Bed

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

I am a latex bed proponent and came across this mattress with high expectations.
    Initially the bed was very good; however, as reflected in other reviews, that expectation soon was deflated.

It was only after a few months that I noticed the bed sagging on my side. My wife who is about 35 lbs less than me will not sleep on my side because of the sag, and I weigh only 175 lbs.
    What irks me the most is that the bed is not finished on both sides. You can not turn the bed over to use the bottom side. There is no fabric or cushioning there other than a bit of gauze. So that means you can only spin the bed around and not turn it over. This contributes a lot to the sagging issue.

We have had the bed 5 yrs and it is time to purchase a new one. A lot of money spent on an expensive mattress that leaves one with backaches.

Total garbage.

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

I wish these reviews had been around two years ago when we purchased this mattress. It would have saved us a lot of time.

Just like everybody says, this mattress is great for the first couple of months of ownership but then it's all downhill (literally) from there. After about 1 year I started to get back pain which I have had to deal with it for the past 6 months waiting for the sag to reach their threshold of 1.5 inches with no load.

While I'm sure Serta makes other good mattresses, this fact that this line can suck so badly after just a few months tells me that this company performed little to no QA. Now I have to pay the price in the form of back pain and shipping and inspection costs. Because of this, I will never buy a Serta product for the rest of my life, and I will tell everybody I know to do the same.

Comfort
    Starts out great. Sags quickly.

Support
    Starts out great, turn into a hammock.

Firmness
    Starts out great, turns to mush.

Aside from the sagging, the mattress appears to be well built. No issues here.

Worst mattress ever

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

Dont buy this mattress! We bought it off my sister and her husband when it was only about 2 wks used! He is very picky and determined he did not like it so we snagged it for 1/2 of what they paid. However, I will stick to the conventional spring mattress from now on!!!! Only Mattress Warehouse for me....nothing else. This thing sucks. 2 big indentations on each end where me & my husband sleep with a raised up section in the middle. I will try to hang with this thing for at least another couple years (if I can) to try to get some of my money out of it but then it is back to a conventional mattress for me.

Comfort
    Have to stay in your indentation or you sleep on bumps.

Firmness
    only firm on the bump that hasnt indented

Worse than terrible

Saggy pain in the neck

from Rice Lake, WI

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

I have owned my Vera Wang bed for 5 years. I echo every comment made by all of the other reviewers, starts out so comfortable but body indents and sagging just get terrible. In fact I was sitting in bed, came upon this website and could not believe what I was reading. YES, I'm not crazy!! I am sitting in the middle because that is the last comfy place on this bed (or the very foot of the bed). We have a Cal king and did at one time turn the bad so we were actually sleeping across the bed because our entire top layer shifted and squished down almost immediately. My husband has back issues which have really gotten worse over this last year and I have literally developed a pain in the neck and shoulder, "Could our bed be the cause of this?". Now I am seriously thinking about a new bed. We did splurge on this one and I don't want to get burned again.

• Firmness:

it is most comfortable mattress for best sleep

from Greeley, CO

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

I loved this mattress.Right now we have the same at home.It is so comfortable to sleep.It completes the sleep of me & my hubby.We feel refreshed when our sleep is complete to work hard for another day.I am ready to pay anything for a good sound sleep.I appreciate from deep down my heart.Try it & feel it.You will say the same.

feels like your floating on a clouudd

from La Habra, CA

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

this bed is very comfortable, and it was actually reccommended to me by a friend. i love it and i will reccommend this bed to many many many more of my friends. I feel like im floating on a cloud and for me personally it made my back feel better than ever. It isnt stiff at all and its the most comfortable thing ever i fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow or as soon as my body lies over the bed. i love it so much, its a taste of heaven!!

Vera Wang needs to stick to making clothing instead of mattress!

from Gulf Breeze, FL

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

My husband and I have looked for almost a year for a new bedroom set not just a mattress set, finally found what we thought was our dream mattress since it had in one place a 5 star rating, how we wish we would have dug a little deeper, I am handicap so a comfortable bed to me is a must, we are not type of people that complain or like to return things but to try three different designs of the mattress and ending up getting a refund was a first for us in any type of furniture so we ended up sleeping on our Wall Bed for another 3 months while we did some more research until we finally found a very good mattress and for being handicap so for is all the years and all the mattresses this one really hit the spot it's easy for me to get in and out of alone where as until we bought this one I always needed assistance you don't sink in this one and form your body in it and get stuck yet I get a good enough night of sleep to where for the first time in years I am rarely waking at night.  Unlike with the Vera Wang just like previous mattresses my husband or children helped me in and out everynight or if I needed to lay down durning the day I would never do it unless I was really hurting if noone was home to help me with this new one I can get my wheel chair in there right next to my side and get in and out with ease just due to the material it's made of.  I thank you for allowing me to give my input on our experience we had with the Vera Wang mattress and she really needs to go back to making high price wedding dresses rather than high price mattresses that just has fancy satin fabric and pretty sewing on it!!!!

GET A GREAT NIGHT OF SLEEP

from Macomb, MI

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

THE VERA WANG MATTRESS IS SO COMFORTABLE I ALWAYS GET A GREAT NIGHT SLEEP. IF YOU SHOP AROUND YOU CAN GET A GOOD PRICE. REMEMBER QUALITY IS WORTH PAYING A LITTLE MORE FOR. BUY THE ONE WITH THE PILLOW TOPPER IT IS REALLY COMFORTABLE. YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS FINDING SHEETS THAT STAY ON THIS MATTRESS. TRY IT OUT YOU MAY FALL IN LOVE.

I sleep thought the night now.

from Hartville, OH

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

I sleep thought the night with my new mattress and don't wake up to find a more comfortable spot.All spots are now comfortable.and easy to wipe down and keep clean unlike my old one.smells ard not able to get in like my old one.now had it a year and still the same as when i got it.

WILL NOT LAST HALF THE WARRANTY

from Douglasville, GA

Comments about Serta Vera Wang Sweet Comfort Latex Mattress:

I purchased the silicon mattress and I have had it replaced twice during the warranty period and it failed again with in the warranty. It is nothing but a hassel to get them to warranty there product plus you have to pay for it. It took 3 months to get them to swap my mattress. I still have 2 years left on my warranty and I threw it in the trash and bought a Teper pedic and I sleep so much better.

Comfort
    In the begging it sleeps great once you have had it for a while it losey and GOOD LUCK GETTING THEM TO REPLACE IT!

Support
    i HAVE BACK PROBLEMS AND IT STARTS OUT GREAT BUT GIVE IT A CHANCE AND YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED.

Firmness
    IT WILL NOT HOLD UP AT ALL.

It wont last the 10 year warranty you will be lucky if you get half the warranty out of it. I had to get mine replaced after the 3rd year the first time and the second year the second. The silicon mattress is a complete waste of money.