Other Mattresses:

IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Latex and Foam Mattress

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

The best bed I have had so far

Comments about IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Latex and Foam Mattress:

When first looking for bed obviously looking for comfort, price, firmness, measurements an warranty. One of the best beds I have ever slept in, so glad I made the purchase. I will never buy another kind of mattress from anywhere else, because Ikea has the great price, warranty included, and the mattress provides everything one needs and wants.

Comfort
I love how this bed does not have any hard spring coils. When you lay down at first it might feel awkward since one may not be used to it, however it is worth every penny.

Support
This bed does the trick when it comes to back support in reducing back pain. If you are used to sleeping on bed with spring this will be a change you want to do once in your life. This bed feels like you are sleeping on many pillows.

Firmness
The firmness of the bed is perfect not too hard, but also not too soft. This bed feels too good to be true for the price glad it even exist.

It is a very durable bed, have moved this bed many times in moves. The bed is made out excellent material.

• Firmness:

Ikea Sultan Fjodgard Latex and Foam Mattress good for 2 years!

Comments about IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Latex and Foam Mattress:

We bought the Sultan Fjodgard Latex and Foam Mattress a bit over 2 years ago. We fell in love with it and slept so very well! It was firm, but gentle, easy to roll over, comfortable during intimacies and so wonderful after our old mattress had wore out. I am thinking that any old mattress might have felt good after having slept on a worn out mattress. Here is it is 2 years later and I wake up stiff and sore and not rested at all. My husband on the other hand sleeps like a baby and loves it. So its definitely a choice you have to make and live with, until you can afford another mattress. We also bought IKEAS mattress protector cover, quilted and washable. This was a PLUS for the top of the bed! Much more comfortable with it. Would I buy another mattress from Ikea... perhaps. 2 years of pretty good sleep isnt so bad. Disposable mattress? Not for the cost! Handme down to one of the smaller kids? Perhaps!

Comfort
Comfortable for about 2 years, then the memory is lost... maybe I was my memory that was lost?

Support
My husband loves the support, I wake up achey and sore!

Firmness
We bought the extra firm, and can't say that it holds its promise of firmness!

NO NO NO... it did not last but about 2 years!

Sleep Like the Dead!

Comments about IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Latex and Foam Mattress:

This is a fantastic and firm mattress. I bought it from the as-is section of IKEA for over half off the original price. I normally do not sleep well on firm mattresses but this one has the additional layer of memory foam on top. This layer supports my back but is comfortable and gentle. The memory foam caresses your body and is great for side sleepers or stomach sleepers like myself. I have a cat who likes to sleep next to me so I don't feel him jumping on the bed or walking on it. This mattress is the best one that I have ever slept on! The bed is made of foam, so it is not a favorite for bedbugs since they cannot hang on to foam. The mattress is also easy to clean and a mattress pad or cover was included. The mattress cover is machine washable. You cannot turn the mattress over because the memory foam is only on one side. But you can rotate it so that you can switch where your head and feet go, etc. It is easy to move because there are handles on the mattress cover and since it is made of foam, it is lighter than other mattresses. I truly have had the best nights sleeping on this mattress!

So comfortable!

Support
Excellent support for the back

Firmness
Again, I normally do not choose firm mattresses but this one was fantastic.

Easy to clean and since it is made of foam, bedbugs cannot stick to it.

• Firmness:

Good, but save up for a new mattress within a few years.

Comments about IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Latex and Foam Mattress:

This is a good mattress, but not something you would want for the long haul. Perfect for first apartment, dorm rooms, or that in-between mattress while you save up to get one of the more expensive, and more durable, mattresses. If you intend to sleep a couple, you really should look at the king size, as the queen size is a bit smaller than other makers, it seems. (Or maybe I just had large queen-sized sheets?) But as I said, it's a good mattress as long as you understand you'll need a to replace it within a few years.

IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Foam Mattress

Comments about IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Latex and Foam Mattress:

Ever since my husband and I purchased this mattress to replace the spring mattress, it has been a wonderful experience. Much more even support and certainly more comfortable. The price at the time was really good despite not being on sale. The best part of having the Sultan Fjordgard Foam Mattress is the weight distribution and counter balancing. My husband can get up from the bed and not disturb me since my side of the mattress doesn't really move. Which for me is priceless. Before, on the spring mattress any movement was felt and would wake me. Now we no longer have that issue and I couldn't be happier. I will now only purchase foam mattresses going forward since they have proven to be much more practical and functional for sleeping. And let me not forget about the fact they're much easier to move and transport since they are not overly bulky and heavy. I would recommend trying it for yourself.

• Firmness:

The IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Mattress is great for back sleepers!

from Morrow, OH

Comments about IKEA Sultan Fjordgard Latex and Foam Mattress:

I have tried many different mattresses in my day - from plush to pillow top to firm - and nothing can hold a candle to the IKEA Sultan Fjordgard mattress my husband and I bought about 6 months ago. We were hesitant to purchase from IKEA, knowing that sometimes the quality can be lacking there. But we went out on a limb after hearing about their 25-year guarantee. I can tell you that we have not been disappointed. The firmness is just right, and it has been very comfortable for us two back sleepers. I don't think it would be very comfortable for stomach sleepers, though, as I once woke up with a pretty bad backache after sleeping all night on my stomach for some reason.

The mattress itself has held up very well over the past 6 months - we have found no indentations from sleeping in the same spot too long and it is still just as firm as the day we brought it home.

I would caution one thing, however - the mattress is made of a very absorbent material. So if you are even slightly worried about spilling something on it or anything soaking through your sheets, I would highly consider some kind of mattress protector. We already have a few spots were things have leaked through, and the stains are difficult to get out of the mattress.