Other Mattresses:
Savvy Rest
Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress

Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress

• Firmness:

2 1/2 months of great sleep & very satisfied!

After researching for a couple of months, trying to find the perfect bed, we decided on going with natural dunlop latex & then chose Savvy Rest for our purchase. Slightly costlier, but worth every penny so far!

The beauty of this bed is that you can build it to your specifications and even split a queen or king down the middle so each side can have it's own configured layers! Kudos to the person who came up with this idea! Each bed consists of three, 3" layers of latex. We chose a split king, and my side has a 3" firm layer on the bottom, a 3" medium layer in the middle, and my top layer is another 3" medium layer. My hubby's side has firm over firm, over medium. (I tried a soft layer for my top, but swapped for a medium as I found the soft too soft for my back).

We've had the bed for almost 3 months and are very pleased. The split layers do not separate, and the 100% cotton and wool cover is very nice & has a sturdy brass zipper that zips off completely should you ever need to air it or dry clean it.

My hubby has degenerative disc disease so he perfers a very firm mattress which is why we chose dunlop processed latex which is said by some to be firmer than tallalay processed latex. We find this to be true as we are not swapping to try to get firmer support as many seem to do with the talalay processed latex. We are getting firm support, but with enough cushion to avoid brusing or the need to "get used to" the mattress. It was nice from day one.

Our 36 years together have seen many mattresses come and go - from beds touted to be specifically made for bad backs, to innersprings and even the original Tempur-Pedic memory foam - all of which were disasters for us. Our last bed was a top of the line Chattam & Wells innerspring that lasted 5 years before developing body impressions that put my hubby on the floor to avoid pain that awakened him each night. (Sleepy's did not cover these impressions under the 20 yr warranty, which was good for us as we finally found a bed that works for us)

So the old adage is true - you really do get what you pay for. (FYI - all of our Savvy latex layers were pristine & undamaged) Something else to consider - if you need to swap for a firmer or softer layer, you will get a brand new layer, not a used layer that was returned during a swap out, which is what other dealers do - so be sure to ask before you buy if the idea of this creeps you out as it did me! Savvy swaps are free for 90 days, but you will pay for shipping both ways, but isn't that worth it if you get a brand new layer?

If you have any questions, just call Savvy and talk to Gretchen, Gopal, or owner, Michael Penny - they are super & put up with me for a month with all my questions! Smart on their part as they got my business & I can verify that this company is top-notch. The only thing that I would say is that if you have a bad back that likes firmer mattresses, don't let them talk you into a soft layer - go with a medium for your top layer, over a medium, with a base of firm. If you like very firm (but not rock hard) then go for the firm over firm over medium. (btw-each Savvy latex layer of dunlop has a firmer side, and a zoned side that is not quite as firm, giving you even more configuration options!

Good luck!

An Expensive Mistake

We purchased this mattress because of the companies claim of their product being organic and pure, I'm highly allergic to fragrance and chemicals, so I was anxious to have a healthy bed. When the bed arrived we opened the boxes and were hit with a strong vanilla smell, and I had an anaphylactic reaction. We read the enclosed literature and it said there would be a smell and that the mattress would air out. We put the bed in an unused bedroom, opened the windows and ran an air purifier. After a month the odor was still strong; my husbands eyes would start swelling whenever he was in the room with the bed, We finally moved it to the garage and called Saavy Rest. They told us that one of their suppliers did add fragrance to the latex! We were offered an exchange for the mattress, which we agreed to, but the company never followed through with the offer. The room the mattress was originally in, still, 3 months later, smells like the vanilla fragrance. Despite the fact we never were able to use the bed, and the companies own admission that they fragranced the latex, they would not take back their bed.

Worst mattress ever and ever

from Lynchburg,va

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• none of them about

Cons

• No support no formort at all
  • Too Soft

• best not to buy this brand

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

Bought 1 from local dealer who misled me choose media,media and firm layer on the bottom by teling me that they have never had firm talay layer.Everyday it has been nightmere to sleep on this mattress,in the beginning I have never doubted this is the mattress that made my waist feel so bad,I changed the foundation but still feel the same.Contacted w/ savvyrest, learning they do have the firm talay layer,asking to exchange because the sitluiation that has be misled--savvyrst asked to contact w/ the dealer to help, but the dealer has gone out business,so savvryest customer servcie ask me to change the layer again and again, still the same non support at all. And they refused to exchange for me, but asking me to pay another more than 2000 dollars to get the 2 firmer layers. I told them that I would never buy their mattress anymore, no way, I consume everything organic, I have my friend group who do the same, I have told everyone who use organic product not to buy any savvryrest products any more, no way!In 1 more year and after spent $3000, I have to throw it away, and started find other mattress which dealer or manufacturer will never mislead customers and refuse to responsible for their misleading.

All the comfort of a park bench

from New Hampshire

About Me Midrange Shopper

• Throw it out

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

My husband was an EMT: he has slept on army type cots and barrack style bunks, he even was comfortable on our sagging conventional mattress. Neither of us have been comfortable on the savvy rest mattress. We have asked for an exchange of layers but they have been extremely slow in their response. In the meantime we fight over the extra cheap guest bed in order to get a pain free night's sleep.

Organic Comfort for a Great Night's Sleep

from Buffalo, NY

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Sturdy

• Primary Bed

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

I first discovered Savvy Rest in January of this year, when I purchased the Simplicity mattress from my local dealer. I'm a recent college grad and in the months since relocating to my current home, I had been sleeping on a foam futon. As the months wore on, this grew increasingly dissatisfying and I began researching mattress options. I happened upon a local mattress dealer offering "green" mattresses and stopped by to check them out. As someone who is concerned with natural and healthy living, I was easily convinced that this was the way to go.

I tried out several models at the store, but found the Simplicity to be the most comfortable and the best value. I understand it is one of the less popular models (at least, at my local dealer) and was being sold at a discounted price. My SO has frequent trouble sleeping and prefers a very firm mattress. I am not as particular and, paired with a thin organic cotton mattress pad, this works out really well for us.

Not only is the mattress exceptionally comfortable, it also provides me with peace of mind, as I can go to bed knowing I'm not breathing in harmful toxins as I sleep. I LOVE my Savvy Rest mattress and would recommend it to anyone without hesitation. I am a strong believer in the importance of sleep and really value my sleep. On the Savvy Rest mattress, I consistently sleep well and wake up feeling rejuvenated. The only downside is that I am always reluctant to leave bed in the morning. :)

When I first purchased the mattress I noticed a slight latex odor, but that went away quickly and I no longer notice it--have had the mattress for about 4 months now.

Buying a new mattress was a significant purchase, but this was worth every penny. This is a great company that makes a quality product.

The best mattress I have ever had!

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

The Savvy bed is absolutely the most comfortable bed I have ever owned/slept on. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I never have any trouble going back to sleep. And when I wake up in the morning, I have to drag myself to get out of bed. I just want to lie there and daydream (or fall back asleep). It really is great!

Support
        I have had two back surgeries and am fighting off the (inevitable) third. This bed is helping me enormously in that fight.

Great mattress!

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

I'm very pleased with my purchase and the customer service. I went into the showroom in Ivy and thought I wanted the firmest mattress. When I placed my order, Laura called me to discuss my order. Based on some of my responses to her questions, she suggested a less firm configuration. I absolutely love my new mattress and I wouldn't change a thing. It was a breeze to put together.

Firmness
        My configuration is the perfect firmness for me. I haven't had any body aches or pains since I got my new mattress

too early to determine how durable it is

Savvy Rest Earthspring Mattress

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

We love our Savy Rest Earthspring mattress. It is a bit firm, but we knew this going into the purchase. We added an organic wool topper to soften it up a bit and it helps a little. Mostly we have just gotten used to the firmness and we enjoy sleeping on the mattress because we know it is safe and healthy which is the most important thing to us!

so comfortable!

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

I love this bed! My husband loves this bed! My kids love this bed! It is just so comfortable! I end up not being able to sleep on it because my kids end up in my bed in the middle of the night! My husband is one of those guys who lifts and carries things all day and the mattress we had before was not to his comfort and since we got this bed it made my husband sleep like a baby, and has really made his back feel a lot better! Which makes me more happy because my husband is not in such a bad mood complaining when we wake up in the morning. It is a great reliable mattress and it really doesn't cost as much as a lot of those other mattresses cost. I only rate it a nine because i don't get to sleep in it as much since my kids found out how great it is. I even let my daughters have their little sleep overs in my bed because they just love it so much. I really recomend this mattress to anyone really especially to anyone who has back problems. Its a great way to help sleep muscles.

• Firmness:

A WARRANTY THAT IS ACTUALLY HONORED!

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

I purchased 2 of the 3 layer Serenity's with Savvy's Foundation the end of 2008. My downstairs Savvy got wet due to a water overflow from upstairs toilet overflowing. I went to change the sheets and decided to remove the Savvy cover as well. Low and behold, the mattress looked very bad. The latex had actually stuck to the cover. I sent pics to Savvy and within 1 day Todd had emailed and personally called me about my situation. Todd at Savvy said they would replace both beds and both covers at NO CHARGE! Without getting into the total discussion, I am more than impressed with how they truly guarantee their products. My wife and I are elated that there are still companies that really do care about their customers. Their handling of my situation was more than I expected. Merry Christmas to me and my wife!

Comfort
        Not too soft and not to hard

No more back pain

Firmness
        Gives great support to your back

I had a problem but they went above their call of duty to make things right!

• Firmness:

Comfortable, odor & maintainance free, durable, easy to install

Comments about Savvy Rest Serenity Latex Mattress:

These mattresses mitigate allergy, backache, and dust mite issues while providing comfort and support.

Comfort
        The product is firm enough so that one or two people do not sink into the mattress, yet it gives a "cushy" feeling. There are no dangerous or annoying odors or construction residues that could impair health, so one can completely relax and feel safe.

Support
        The mattress gives great support and does not develop "sink holes" after years of use. It is not necessary to rotate or flip the mattress to prevent indentations or wear spots.

Firmness
        It is possible to customize the firmness and to exchange layers to adjust to the desired firmness. Very firm, medium firm and soft on top are the layers that have worked for us.

Our oldest Savvy Rest mattresses are six years old and are like new. There is no sagging, misshaping or any other problems with the products. The covers are also very durable, attractive and show no wear.

An Expensive Mistake