Other Flat Irons:
SU-100A
Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron

Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron

This product is awesome!

My roommate from college bought one a couple years back arnd really wanted to try it on my hair since I have a long curly hair. She only had good things to say about it. Before using the Sedu I used to have to blow dry my hair with a big fat curly brush and a defuser, and dry it in sections. The whole process would take 1.5-2 hours, and the final result was not always great. I wore my hair straight probably once every other month because it took so much effort. After my friend tried it on me, I was amazed with how quickly it straightned my hair, and the quality to which it did it. I struggled with frizz a lot before, but now it is gone! I use it everyday, and can now do my hair in 40 minutes (drying time included). When my hair is already dry it takes 15-20 minutes to straighten, and I have a lot of hair. My current roommate loved it so much so bought one too! I have had it now for a little over 2 years, and I love it! My mom has the Chi and she loves it, but for my hair type it doesnt work as well as the Sedu! It is pricey, but worth the investment!

Sedu flat is a great product, but flimsy design

I loved my Sedu flat iron. My hair came out fantastic when I used it. Silky smooth and 100% got rid of my frizz. I loved how simple it was to use and the iron never snagged my hair. This was one of the pricest flat irons I had ever bought and I was devastated when the iron started to break after about 6 months. The base of the iron where the two pieces connected slightly broke apart. I fixed it with a rubber band and the iron kept working. The break kept getting worse and I kept having to readjust my rubber band fix. After another few months, I tried to flat iron my hair and the iron would not heat up past the lowest heat setting. Sadly, I had to throw out this iron and I didn't even own it for a year! I expected better quality for the price. My other complaint is that the outside of the iron got intensely hot. So hot that on many occssions the outside of the iron burnt me!! Because it was so hot it did a great job at straightening hair, but it took forever to iron my hair because I had to be so careful about burning myself.

Silky hair!

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have slightly wavy hair at the ends of my hair, so I use the Sedu Pro Ionic 1'' Ceramic Flat Iron. My long hair becomes so straight and silky after using this product and my hair also doesn't get tangled at all! The ceramic flat iron is nice and simple, and does the job effectively.

A few passes make a huge difference...

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I'm not good about doing up my hair but a few passes through my hair (stick straight fine hair) puts some volume in it and makes it silky smooth looking. I can even do it with my damp towel dried hair. (Just work with SMALL sections)

Great - it can even put some curls into my hair (you tube it for the technique) and it's very difficult for my hair to hold curls.

I've taken it on many trips and it's fallen off the counter a couple of times...still works great!

Sedu Mini Ceramic Tourmaline Iron is a great little flat iron

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

This iron is not for someone who has a head full of thick curly hair. I have very thin, straight hair with bangs and it works perfectly. It's great for bangs and to flip up the ends of my hair. It heats up within seconds and gets very hot!! It's so small that it fits in my purse!

Nice, but not "all that"

from Atoka, TN

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I thought it was time for a new flat iron and I usually do tons of research on things before I buy something new. I decided I needed a flat iron and blow dryer that would last. I figured if it was gonna last, I'd have to pay the price. I previously had a flat iron that I bought from Sally's beauty supply for around 35.00. It did the job, but it was starting to look tattered and scratched up. After reading all the reviews, this was the one that had the best reviews overall for what I was looking for. I was excited to receive it and anxiously awaited it's arrival like it was a new child! when the day finally came that it arrived, I opened it up and plugged that baby in. After using it for a few days I found that it did the job no better than the 35.00 Sally beauty supply flat iron. So, we'll just see how long it lasts, I hope I didn't waste all that money!

Best Straightener ever!

from Chino Hills, CA

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I've gone through quite a number of straighteners- especially the generic store bough brands. They always end up dying on me with a few uses and never leave my hair straight. This Sedu iron is a completely different story. I've had it for over a year and I barely have to run it through my hair and it comes out completely silky and straight! I love this! It heats up in a matter of seconds and the plates are the perfect size to fit any reasonable amount of hair in. I got mine from folica.com and came with a heat pouch to store it in for traveling/storing it away. I would definitely recommend this flat iron to anyone with unruly hair. I used this on my mom who has very curly hair and it worked wonders!

Salon style hair staightener, Sedu does the work for you!

from Glenwood, IL

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

The sedu hair straightener has everything you need for shiny and beautiful straight hair. It has ceramic plates that don't damage your hair and leave your hair straight, shiny and silky smooth. Although this straightener may cost more that the others out on the market, it is definitely worth the money if you want quality. It heats up fast and is very light weight and easy to use, so when you are rushing to get ready in the morning the sedu definitely can get the job done in the least amount of time! It works for all hair types and is a very quick way to achieve salon quality hair. I have tried a lot of hair straighteners out there from royale to Chi and I believe that the sedu is the best for its price. I am not very good at doing hair so I was looking for something very simple and effective that someone like me, who has little time and even less skill, can have nice straight hair without it taking hours and hours. This straightener definitely made the process of straightening my hair less stressful and time consuming!

Sedu flat is a great product, but flimsy design

from Rapid City, SD

Better then CHi

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

Wow! By fiance bought this hair straightner for me for christmas.  I had originally asked for a chi, but after doing some research he went ahead with this one instead.  I love this sedu straightner!  Not only does it heat up amazingly fast but it actually keeps my hair straight.  I have gone through so many straightners before and half way through the day my hair would start frizzing and i would have to put it up.  Now, my hair actually stays straight and for once in my life it is still straight when I wake up the next morning!  I also love that it has different heat settings on it.  Most straightners only have one factory setting that hopefully isnt too hot or is hot enough for your hair.  I use the highest heat setting and do not have any problem with it breaking my hair.  I would say within 60 seconds it is hot enough to start straightning your hair.  The only negative thing about it is there is no safety feature on it that turns itself off if you forget to unplug it.

I love my Sedu flat iron

from Underwood, MN

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have very naturally curly hair.  I ordered the Sedu Professional Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Straightening Iron because it had good reviews and I liked that you could control the heat settings.  It works very well for me.  I have had it for over a year now with no problems.  It heats up fast and it works well.  I use it on damp hair because that seems to work better.  It takes about 4 passes to get my hair totally straight.  The swivel cord is a marvel, I don't know how much more time I would have to spend on my hair without that feature!  It definitely keeps the cord from getting all tangled up.  If I add oil to my hair before straightening it I would say with the Sedu Professional Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Straightening Iron you would not be able to tell that my hair were not naturally straight.  Too much oil, ofcourse, just makes it look greasy, like you never wash your hair or something.  This flat iron has worked really well for me.  I straighten my hair once a week.

Sedu is not all that!

from Manvel, TX

Comments about Sedu Pro Ionic 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I read a ton of reviews on the Sedu Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Straightening Iron before I purchased it.  I do not think I read one bad review, but I was simply not impressed.  True, the plates are impossibly sleek but it never felt like it did much on my hair.  Now, I do have incredibly coarse and thick, natural black hair.  However, a lot of the positive reviews came from people with the same hair type.  I am not sure why it did not work for me.  I tried it a few times, now.  My hair just never comes out as straight as I would like it.  Other cheaper flat irons do a much better job.  There is way too much hype over the Sedu.  I can not believe people rank this as THE best flat iron.  It was the epitome of mediocrity.  I even tried it on my daughter's hair which is way less kinky than mine and the results were the same as my personal experience.  Still, people seem to love it.  Maybe I will sell it to someone who will appreciate it.