3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Scott 1000 Tissue Toilet Paper can make you taller

We buy the 12-packs of **Scott tissue toilet pap**er. With a family of five, it's nice to buy in bulk.

**Pros:**

...Read complete review

**Pros:**

- lots of sheets on each roll so I don't have to change it as often
- doesn't leave lint after using
- has box top for education, which provides added funds for our school system
- come in a variety of sizes (single pack up to 30 roll pack--we would probably buy larger quantities, but we'd probably have to leave a child at Wal-Mart in order to fit anything more in my Cavalier on shopping trip)
- comparable prices (their website offers a coupon at the current time as well and I often catch coupons in newspaper fliers)
- can make a person several inches taller when standing upon the package
- cardboard roll can serve as megaphone, telescope, geometry prop, craft piece, or a weapon when mom's not looking
- our 1-year-old finds this stuff quite decorative in the bathroom and others may find it quite decorative outside, particularly around trees
- does not seem to have major side effects after 1-year-old eats it when mom's cooking supper

**Cons:**

- sheets are fairly thin but not rough enough to qualify as John Wayne toilet paper
- can enable small children to reach things that were previously out of reach when standing upon the packaging as mentioned under pros
- will easily unroll all over the bathroom floor

**My Viewpoint:**

Whether you choose to stand on, sit on, or just plain use toilet paper, I have found Scott tissue toilet paper to be economical and convenient. The baby has found it to be rather tasty and handy, but you may want to hold off on that.

Scotts is usually expensive & is rough & weak.

I had never bought Scotts before because it was never the cheapest but the one time it was and I did buy it, I soon came to regret that decision. I always thought butt wipe is butt wipe and it really did not matter what brand you bought they were pretty much the same and the only real difference was the price but I was wrong. Scotts was rough feeling and weak. My butt did not like it. Even though it was cheapest at the time it sure did not make anyone's butt happy at my home. Everyone was glad when it was gone and I replaced it with the old standard butt wipe of angel soft. They say it is good to try new things but I would have been much better off if I had not tried this new thing. My butt will never see this stuff again. You should keep it far away from your butt too. I almost threw it out it was so bad but just did not want to waste the money. Our butts just had to suffer until it was all gone. One day my wife and family will forgive me for this torture but not likely anytime soon.

Not even worth the 97 cents I paid for it.

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

I bought a single roll (thank goodness it was only a single roll and I wasn't stuck with a whole month's worth!) from work a couple of days ago because my honey texted me and told me we were on the verge of being out of TP. We don't have a huge selection of TP where I work, so I chose to try this. Seemed like it might be a winner because it looked to be a very large roll of paper for a single roll, but the minute I used it the first time, I was severely disappointed. It is so thin it's basically transparent, and every time I go to the bathroom, I have to use an extraordinary amount of it so my fingers don't tear through it. My honey also doesn't like it for the same reasons.

Comfort
It's only comfortable if you wrap half the roll around your hand before wiping.

I have never seen TP that was so thin....I think the TP in public bathrooms are thicker than this brand and that's really saying something!

Absorption
It absorbs so fast it leaves little pieces behind as a horrible reminder.

• Absorption:

long lasting and great value

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

I have been dedicated to a leading brand of toilet tissue since I was a child. I married into a family that is dedicated to Scott toilet tissue. I resisted at first and continued to buy my brand of toilet paper. Then, my husband's family came over for a get together and finished off 3 rolls of my 2-ply toilet paper in one visit! That's when I decided to give the Scott brand a try. I did, and now I'm not going back to my brand! Although Scott brand toilet paper is only 1-ply, it is still soft and works great. It does not feel rough and you do not need to use a whole lot to get a clean feeling. The price is also great. A 6 pack of Scott toilet paper can last my family of 4 (without family visits) for a couple of months. I was constantly buying the other brand of toilet paper and it costs around the same price. Bottom line: great toilet paper, great value, long lasting, and great feeling!

Comfort
Many leading 1-ply toilet papers are very harsh and rough. Scott is very soft.

• Absorption:

Lasts a long time but not very gentle

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

It definitely will last a long time if you are one of those that uses a lot of toilet paper.

Comfort
It is not very comfortable. It is rough on your skin and I wouldn't recommend using it if you have a cold.

It doesn't seem to hold together very well.

Absorption
Yes, it lasts you a while, but you will find yourself using more of it. It is almost better to go with a thicker toilet paper that is softer and more durable.

• Absorption:

Scott tissue paper is good but can use work.

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

Scott tissue is definitely a good brand of tissue paper although I believe that it runs out of paper fairly quick. I use scott on a regular basis because of its soft feel and durability. If I could give one recommendation to improve scott it would be to increase amount of paper per roll. The price is fair for the product and many of my friends agree, that is why when we go on road trips we buy about 3-4 packs just so we have on the road. Although there are many other brands of tissue that I like as well, scott beats most by a long shot.

• Absorption:

Great product at a fantastic price!

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

This is a great toilet paper. While it's not as thick as some other brands, it is just as soft and does the job. It comes with a lot more paper per roll, and since it's thinner it saves a lot of money. It's already cheaper than other brands, and you get so much more! My favorite brand of TP!

• Absorption:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

Scott 1000 Bath tissue has become my regular toilet tissue. It is cost effective, durable, and does not harm my septic system. Each roll lasts a very long time. The texture does not irritate my family's sensitive skin. I feel like it is an environmentally safe product as well.

• Absorption:

firm and strong for a great price

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

Although not the softest tissue around its definitely soft enough. Its very strong and lasts a while for a family of 4.Its a great value. I usually aim for a price of under 50 cents per roll and it does come in around that price.It stands out against its competition.

• Absorption:

The most awesome, cost efficient toilet paper ever!

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

I've heard people say this toilet paper is too thin. Yes, it is thinner than others, and you roll off more than you would of the other brands, but it lasts SO much longer. So, even though it may be "thinner" and you may use more at each time, a roll lasts twice as long as any other brand. Also, it doesn't break up into little balls, and pieces when you use it.

Scott Single Ply Bath Tissue: Soft And Doesn't Clog The Toilet

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

Some people don't care what type of toilet paper they buy; whatever is cheapest or whatever is the thickest. In this house the only thing I buy is the 1,000 count rolls of the single ply from Scott. The best deal going is the large twelve roll packs but you need to get them on sale and use a coupon to really clean up on them and save some serious cash.

Why is single ply better? There is less of a chance of it clogging your toilets, it saves money and there's less waste. Scott does have a couple different types of toilet paper so you have to read the front of the package when you are getting it.

I started buying this when I lived in San Diego and all of our toilets were low-flow to save water. The whole idea of a low-flow toilet is to use less water but when you have to flush it two or three times it defeats the purpose. When I switched to the single ply bath tissue from Scott I noticed we didn't have to do a double or triple flush most of the time and that meant saving money every month on the water bill too.

This is soft but it isn't as soft as the quilted or double ply paper. The only downside is that some of the rolls have too much glue on them so getting the roll started can mean some picking and a little frustration.

The sheets are plain white and there are no designs printed on them, that's fine with me because who really needs to have a design on toilet paper? When this is on sale I do stock up on it and there are usually coupons for .50 off any Scott product at least once a month in the newspaper. Not everyone is going to like the single ply version but for this household it almost guarantees no clogged toilets.

• Absorption:

Scott bath tissue is the best brand

Comments about Scott 1000 Bath Tissue:

I have been purchasing Scott 1000 brand toilet paper / bathroom tissue, for years. It is consistently priced and the best value. The product does what it was meant to do and performs the best out of all of the toilet paper out there. I especially like that it is biodegradable for home sewer systems and is thick enough for the big jobs.