View more cell phones

M300
Samsung - Vision Cell Phone

Samsung - Vision Cell Phone

3.1

Summer release cell phone is good value; few disappointments!

My old cell phone fell in the pool and was fried.  I needed a new one quick and without spending a lot of money.

The Samsung M300 Sprint Vision immediately...Read complete review

The Samsung M300 Sprint Vision immediately caught my eye! It's sleek and easy to hold; not bulky like some phones. It's available in dark silver and red.  My drowned phone was pink and I really wanted another pink phone, but the pink phones were too expensive. Red would have to do.

The Samsung M300 has Text Messaging included, which I use a lot.  It would be my first camera phone.  It's also BlueTooth enabled, another new feature for me and one I'd use.

The price was right--free!!---after an in-store rebate and mail-in rebate, that is.

The salesman told me it's a new product, just released 3 months ago. That can be a warning flag, but I tempted fate and bought it anyway.

It's fairly easy to figure out.  I've referenced the instruction manual a few times but don't feel like I need to read it cover to cover. That's a major compliment from a non-techy, like myself!

The camera takes clear, full-color digital photos. I have an adorable one of my dog saved as my screen saver.  You can send photos to other phones and print them out.  There's a procedure to print the photos through your computer that I'm not familiar with, yet.

I easily set-up my phone book and just as easily chose my tunes for incoming calls, text messaging, voice-mail and incoming calls without Caller ID.

There's three different formats you can choose to set-up your main menu.  One uses fun, colorful graphics of the phone's functions.

My first problem was finding the input power source on the phone for the plug-in adapter.  Although I know where it is now, it's still a headache to use.  It's a teeny, tiny little rectangular, hinged "door" on the already slender side of the phone and it's not easy to open!

I don't like the round, navigation key. It's either too sensitive or not sensitive enough because when I press it to go in one direction, sometimes it takes me in another direction.

The phone seems to get warm after about 20 minutes of talking.  And the battery dies without an aural or written warning!

My old phone would beep and reflect a message, "Battery Running Low; Please Charge."  But I could continue to use it for another 10-15 minutes of conversation.

With the Samsung M300, you have to watch the battery icon. If you don't and try to use it when it's low, it will automatically shut down with a warning that it needs to be charged.  No second chances with this phone!  Try to turn it back on and it immediately shuts itself down again after showing the Battery Low warning.

This caused huge problems for me one night when I couldn't contact someone.

Obviously, the phone doesn't babysit for you and I like my electronics to watch out for me.

Final Word: a decent to good cell phone for the value.  It has some updated features and is good-looking.  It performs as intended.  It's a keeper.

Samsung M300 occasionally reboots itself in the middle of a call

I have gone through two Samsung M300 cell phones.  I bought the first one last year in July. Within a couple of months it started turning itself off and rebooting up again in the middle of a phone call.  It had done that several times within several weeks.  So, I mailed it back to the manufacturer for repair. Today, October 19, 2008 my new Samsung, which my telephone company sent me, started doing the same thing which my first cell phone did: turn itself off and reboot itself -- like a computer with a virus!  I believe that that particular model of Samsung is NO GOOD!

The worst phone out of about 10 others I have used.

from Bunkerville, NV

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

This phone shuts off all of the time and I never know it. If it drops it shuts off, if you close it to quick it shuts off if it's bumped.... well you know what I mean. and its just really crappy, volume is awful and the battery does not last.

I did not like this phone

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

I had two of these phones. I bought the first one and I noticed that the phone would power down while on a call and then power back up only to lose the call you were on. I then took the phone back to the store and was not told what was wrong with it they gave me a new phone the same one. It did the very same thing the last phone did. I don't like this phone.

Great phone...and not too complicated!

from Miami, FL

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

This is a great phone with a nice, sleek design. Women will appreciate the slim size...fits wonderfully into an evening purse with enough room to keep your lipstick in there too! (And it's cute!) I would definitely recommend this phone to anyone.

Not a Great Phone

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

I bought This Phone for Myself and My 16 year old son. My Son loves the Sleek design and Features of the Phone. I returned mine because of The phone gets VERY Hot after talking on it for a short time. The Battery also does not last very long but My teen son loves everything about it mostly because " It looks cool" lol

Practically industructable -

from Clarksville, IN

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

I love this phone.  I originally purchased it because I liked the way it looked..It is red with a smoke, black face on the front, very slim and light weight.  It didn't take long though to notice how well this phone holds up.  I put my phone through the wringer and usually replace them at lease once per year.  Not this one.  I am on year two, and besides a few minor scraps and scratches it is in perfect shape.  I share this phone with my teenage son whom I know has admitted to dropping it a few times but was thrilled to see that it was not damaged in any way.  The battery holds a charge for about as long as any other which if you are like me, it is never long enough.  If you charge this phone overnight each night, you will never have to worry about it going dead on you by the end of the day.  Whenever I do purchase a new phone some day, I am going to buy another Samsung.  I feel that they are priced very fairly to be as tough and long lasting as they are.

fine for the price

from Peru, IN

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

I got this phone for 20 bucks after my other Sprint phone broke. I've had the M300 for over a year now and it's just now developing some issues. It sometimes freezes, closes out of texts while they're being typed and the keys don't always register. However, the thing has been dropped, thrown, stepped on and battered, and it's still holding up. It's a cheap looking phone but definitely good for someone who only wants a cell phone for its practical purposes. I'd suggest it to anyone who wants a cheap way to stay in contact with people without the "bells and whistles" offered by other phones.

Samsung M300 good cell phone overall.

from Johnstown, NY

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

I recently went shopping for a new cell phone and the Samsung M300 caught my attention right away. I picked the phone up and "fell in love". I love the fact that it is so lightweight and small. It fits into my already very full purse without any trouble. It is very thin and does not take up very much space which is rather important to me. The camera takes decent pictures although I must admit that I hardly every use this feature. I really like that your main screen picture shows up on the outside of the phone when you push any of the side buttons. This phone is very easy to use. I only have to charge it every other day and I use my phone daily, although it charges very quickly when I do need to charge it. Overall I would highly recommend this phone.

not very good for most people. cant hear on it most of the time

from Carter Lake, IA

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

this is a very basic phone without most of the bells and whistes. it is a camera phone but just a basic one. the volume has a problem. this is my 2nd one of the same phone and both were the same with volume problem- i can hardly wait to get to the 1 year to get another phone

Samsung M300 occasionally reboots itself in the middle of a call

from Springfield Gardens, NY

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

The Samsung m300 has a nice shiny sleek modern date look nice.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Samsung - Vision Cell Phone:

The Samsung m300 from Sprint comes in two colors red and black. It is a flip phone that gives you a camera phone that takes good pictures in the SUN LIGHT avoid taken pictures in dark areas. The sound is very clear and understandable, the talk time varies on your location and battery charge.It also has game playing capabilities( MS.PACMAN,TETRIX) which you can download from the gaming menu. This phone is nice and has a great state of modern vision for the busy person of tadays lifestlye.