View more cell phones

Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone

Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone

3.7

Great basic cell phone

My Samsung t429 has treated me very well.  It works really well as a basic cell phone.  I usually get good reception most places, and I've never had a call dropped.  I actually use my phone for texting more than calling, and texting is pretty easy.  The phone has a contoured dialing pad, which I love.  I really like being able to text without looking at the screen, just by feeling the contoured pad.

The phone is just about the size of a business card, just about a centimeter longer.  It fits very easily in my pocket.  I like the fact that it's a sliding phone, as opposed to a flip phone.  I've dropped the phone a bunch of times, and it hasn't retained much damage at all.  I've had this phone for about 18 months.  I only have to charge my phone once every two-three days.  This is probably due to not using the call feature much.

This phone doesn't do so well when accessing the internet.  The screen is too small for effective browsing.  I have only used the camera a few times, and it seems to do pretty well for close up pictures.

I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for just that - a phone.  Not a smartphone, not a touchphone, or anything special.  It has worked well for me, though.

Not the best phone

Although this phone is easy to use and very small I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  I have a lot of people tell me that they can't hear me very good.  i have never had anyone say that until I got this phone.  It also has a hard time reading my sims card.  Even in the middle of a conversation I will be cut off becuase my phone will shut down and say that it can't read my sims card.  It is really annoying.  I also have a hard time finding how to secure the phone so when my kids get a hold of it they can't call anyone.  That is really important to me!  i have never had a phone where I can lock the keys but I can't figure out how to lock the keys on this phone.  I have little kids and they love my phone I can't seem to keep my phone away from them.  it would be really nice to be able  lock the keys so they can't call someone.  That has happened way too many times.  But I guess if you are looking for a really simple and small phone this one is fine, just can't hear really well.

big screen

from Chester, PA

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

Recently this phone has started acting weird. My battery died on it one day when I was on vacation and I plugged it in to charge it and then all of a sudden the screen image was flipped. It was like everything was backwards on it even the words and then the buttons for the functions were switched. It has been happening for about a month. It will go back to the correct way then when I open the phone again, it will flip backwards again.

A few times the screen image was blurred and you could barely read the words on it. This happens off and on. Also, the phone is fully charged and it did not get wet, so I don't know what is happening with it. *It is very weird and I have not seen anything like this. *

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

This is a cool camera phone that is super easy to use!.

from Forest Grove, OR

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

I love the fact that this phone is easy to use. It has all of the basic features that I wanted, such as, camera, callendar, internet, games, and bluetooth ready. I like the how it "slides" its way cooler than the "flip" phones you see out there. If you are looking for a good reliable phone that is not too fancy then this would be perfect!

Not the best phone

from Twin Falls, ID

Great basic cell phone

from Centerville, UT

The T429 is a great little phone

from Silver Springs, NV

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

The Samsung T429 is a slider phone and is used through T-mobile. The samsung T429 can also be used with at&t services as long as the customer has an account in good standing with T-mobile. This phone comes with camera,voice memo,picture messaging,text messaging,favorite 5 enabled,bluetooth enabled(but not included),clear pictures, vivid color screen,alarm clock,real ringtones,huge selection of wallpapers,and much, much more.

When I had the Samsng T429, it was a very reliable cell phone and although it may not feel or look very durable, mine had been through some rough times before I upgraded and even then was still in good working condition.

This phone can be used on  prepaid plan, flex pay account, or a normal month to month plan. My husband and I used our on the flex pay account and really liked the fact that you can reload your account with money right from the phone. My husband also had the Samsung T429 and enjoyed all of the features, as I listed above, it had to offer.

I would reccommend this phone to my friends and family, as well as any one who is most comfortable with simple cell phone layouts and can operate a simple phone easily.

Sometimes I don't want to keep this service

from High Point, NC

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

Well I have been with T Mobile for about six months and my phone has been turned off twice. I like their service but they really don't like to work with anyone. I called thiem a few days ago and see if I could get an extention on my bill they said no. Of course I did not have the money and the next day at midnight my phone was shut off. I do have a few good things to say First they really do have a low monthly payment I pay just 56.21 a month for 1000 anyime minutues and I do have free nights and weekends. I do love my phone from its slide style to the nice color grapics. It is also a tought phone I have dropped it several times and it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I would suggest for you guys to try T Mobile even though I have been somewhat displeased at times ithey have one of the lower rates of phone services out there. If you want a pretty good phone with low costs you should consider getting a Tmobile. Thank You

Useful, has a camera and does what you need but nothing more

from Manlius, NY

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

It's not a bad phone, it does what you need it to do but nothing more. Nothing fancy but it has a camera. It also locks when it closes so that it tends not to type anything or call anyone by accident while in your pocket or bag. Tends to be pretty cheap too which is a plus. You can also change the volume or take a picture with buttons on the side which is nice. The color's not bad and it's fairly decent looking, a big upgrade from my old phone that didn't have anything like the slide or the flip. It also lets you pick your background, and all of the usual things that you might expect from a phone. There are various settings for the font colors and the basic profile also has two settings. I've been using it for a little over 6 months now and it's been working fine, nothing extremely amazing about it or anything but if you want a cheap phone and you don't mind not having too many settings than you could consider it.

It's basic, yes. But great!

from Alpine, CA

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

I upgraded the the SGH-T429 about 2 years ago from the basic basic, no charge cell phone, you know the one that comes free when you sign your contract?  I was surprised to see how clearly a phone conversation goes when this phone is put on speaker.  The camera is not excellent, but in normal lighting can get a good picture.  About 3 weeks after I got it, the phone went swimming (by no fault of my own, let me assure you.)  I took it apart and dried it out, works perfectly, as if nothing had ever happened to it.  The phone keeps signal where my old one lost it, the screen is larger than most other phones so you can see things more clearly on it.  I can no say enough good about this phone.  Of course, it's not the web-surfing, ap playing, smartphone that most poeple want today.  If you are looking for the touch screen, MP3 player, everything but the kitchen sink in a phone...this is NOT the phone for you.  If you want a phone, that's a phone...this is the one.

Great phone at first then started having some problems.

from Fountain Inn, SC

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

Ive had this phone for about two months, and at first it was great. Now, my signal drops often, even where I used to get good service, and the phone has completely frozen a few times. Another problem was that I couldnt accept incoming calls for a while, but Tmobile fixed it and I havent had any problems since. Good phone, mainly.

Easy to use

from Monmouth, OR

Comments about Samsung SGH-t429 Slider Cell Phone:

I have very much enjoyed using my samsung t49 phone. It is very convenient, as it is a slider, and is easy to use with one hand, and easy to text on. The picture quality is also great, and I love how big the screen is.