View more cell phones

Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone

Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone

3.2

t219 = great for basic users with fine speaker

I wanted a good basic cell phone that one could just use for making and receiving messages..  I am not interested in the other features.  I wanted a cell phone tied into a prepaid minutes plan.  I wanted service from one of the top two cell phone services

The Samsung t219 fits these specifications well.  It is easy to dial out.  Clearly lit keyboard. Sometimes one has problems making a connection but this may be due to my impatience.  The speaker enables a person--especially someone over 62--whose hearing is slipping to be able to hear messsages clearly.  The phone is compact in size and its bright red color quite attractive as well as being easy to find in a fanny pack or purse.

The Samsung t219 I use with prepaid minutes.  TMobile is second only to Verizon for service quality.  However, Verizon does not offer a quality prepaid plan at a similar cost.

I highly recommend this for someone who needs a cell phone for calls without a contract.

gets the job done...and nothing more

So, I purchased my Samsung T219 Cell Phone out of desperation after my last cell phone met its demise in a hot cup of coffee.  As it was a financially strapped month, I opted for the most basic, most inexpensive cell phone I could find at my local T-Mobile store-and I got it.  The good news...it's a nice color.  A vibrant red.  And, I can receive phone calls and text.  That's about it.  Blech.The bad news...no camera, no bells and whistles.  The most basic of the basic.  I am looking to upgrade ASAP.  Don't get me wrong...I am not the type of girl who has the newest fad product on the market but this phone makes me feel like I have two soup cans with a string attached!

A red little handful that's easy to use

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

I use a cell phone to make calls only. I have a red fliptop phone which is easy to use and nice to look at. There are many features on the phone which I do not choose to use. I wanted a phone which is easy to hold, easy to use and looks good. I got it in this Samsung t219.

It's hard to understand.

from Marathon, WI

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

I have had my Samsung for almost a year.  A couple good things about it would include how small it is, and how crisp the screen is.  Some negative things about the Samsung, would include the fact that I don't recieve that great of reception with it.  Also it doesn't include that much within the phone.

Samsung SGH-T219 cell phone is very basic but eligant phones

from Mineola, NY

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

Red has become a popular color for cell phones in the past couple of years, but on most crimson handsets the hue is restricted to the front face. Now Samsung takes the design trend a step further with the new Samsung SGH-T219 for T-Mobile. Cell phone contracts often offer free phones as part of the deal and one cell phone commonly offered free of charge is the Samsung SGH-T219 Cell Phone. This cell phone offers a good speakerphone, large screen, and good size and it makes a good choice for prepaid plans. However, the sound quality is questionable and the phone itself is very basic. The Samsung SGH-T219 Cell Phone is a "Great Free Phone", but according to others, "It's Hard to Understand", due to its sound and reception issues. These mixed reviews make the Samsung SGH-T219 an acceptable cell phone for those who need only the basics in their communication device.  Easily replaceable battery and sim card. Easy to setup a card of any carrier. Its basic phone but it's wonderful and very eligant. Rather than just show red on the outside, the SGH-T219 brings the color inside as well for a brilliantly colored keypad. The phone also comes in a chocolate (aka brown) version, but the red handset certainly is more exciting. The feature set on both models is quite simple--instant messaging support and a speakerphone are the main highlights

simple and straight-forward

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

Well, if you want a phone that just makes phone calls, and sends a few texts, then buy this one. Got this with an at&t plan, but switched to tmobile after one week of at&t's lousy customer service. This phone works great as a pay-as-you-go phone. It is very simple in it's operation, nothing fancy, but very functional and easy to use. The call quality is good, as is the speaker phone, with simple navigation. It can be tricky to add addresses, as this process is not real intuitive, but once you get used to it, there's no problem. The screen is a little hard to read, but navigation is easy, so that's not too bad.

This phone freaking sucks

from Bridgeport, CT

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

It fraking, fracksing sucks I've had mine six months. it's dropping calls.   It's shutting down when i close it. There have been bill disputes where I've had to fax them paperwork several times, like more than five.  Did I mention my boyfriend works for the company  I suggest you waste your money on another phone company because this one and it's customer service is crappy.

T-219 is functional

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

The TG-219 is a functional phone. Good for just the basics but after having it for six months, I've encountered problems:  sometimes the key pad doesn't respond to your touch when you go to answer the phone, occassionally the phone does not disconnect from a call after you flip it closed, and overall the pixel quality has always been grainy. For a free phone I suppose I shouldn't complain.

averae nothing specil but still a good phone

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

This phone, Samsung SGH T219 Cell Phone, will be fine for the average cellular phone user. It is reliable, inexpensive, and easy to use. I recommend to all who just need an average cell phone nothing flashy.

Quite Limited

from Coram, NY

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

Samsung SGH T219 is pretty ideal for any user who doesn't want to be complicated with really technical items such Iphone or the Voyager. It is literally a cell phone to use for talking and practically nothing else.

Sad excuse for a cell phone!

from Warwick, RI

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

Turn your head an inch and lose your call, buttons stick, dials all by itself sometimes-very embarassing.....apps don't work properly.

My son HAD the same model with all the same problems. A phone to be avoided, as the manufacturee does not respond to complaints- their attitude, just buy another more expensive Samsung model, it'll be better....Fugghedaboutit!!!!

Easy and perfect size

from Burkburnett, TX

Comments about Samsung - SGH-T219 Cell Phone:

I really like my Samsung SGH-T219.  I got it in July 2007 and haven't wanted to switch phones yet.  This phone is easy to use, it's the perfect size and has great things added such as downloadable ringtones, etc.  I don't use the internet or texting on my phone, so I can't tell you if that part is good or not.  If you want a simple, easy to use phone for phone calls, this is a great one to have!