3.5
Samsung Mythic Cell Phone

Samsung Mythic Cell Phone

3.5

Samsung - Mythic Cell Phone

This is another great phone. I never had any problems with this phone. You can do anything with this Samsung Mythic. Its almost similar to the Iphone and it has so many differents apps. This is a great choice to pick if your looking to buy a phone. On the samsung mythic you can even watch your favorite tv shows with the mobile tv app. I really do love it cause i never leave home without because it's like my little sidekick ~LOL. The Mythic is a phone that you can add music , photos ,  videos . and everthing else to it. I love using the music video apps. It also has a 3.3" touchscreen display and it's blue tooth capable and a megapixel 3.2 digital camera. This is best 3G smart phone i ever had. It has a slim sleek design with bright display and it's easy to hold in the palm of your hand. I never had any dropped phone calls. So be very carefully while handeling this phone because it's very sensitive.

A good phone that could be so much better

The Samsung Mythic - yeah you've seen the commercials. I saw them and said wow, I need that phone. It looks amazing - sleek and professional. It has many features; just about anything you would expect from a phone of this calliber. Lots of customization options, multiple screens to scroll through (kind of like an iphone). However, the touch screen is VERY hard to use. I would say that navigating the phone is it's biggest flaw. Often the phone will not respond to the touch of your finger and when it does, it will push something you weren't meaning to push. Scrolling is difficult, I very often find myself entering applicatons that I didn't mean to select. Texting is tedious and you really have to get used to pushing keys on the keyboard. However, besides the navigation problems, this phone really does have it all. Music player, reminder notes you place and drag anywhere on the screen, applications to buy, a sketchpad, a good camera, etc. I would definitely suggest trying the phone out to see how you feel about the touch screen before you buy it. But other than that it's a great phone.

A good phone and you feel like if it was a smartphone!

from Corvallis, OR

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

I like this phone cuz it is sort of handy before the Droids and iPhones barged in to the market. It is with the java platform and getting apps is a bane of life. However, it has basic social networking apps like facebook etc. Anything else, you have to download from the AT&T or the 3rd party sellers and they become expensive!

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Not Worth It

from Minnetonka, MN

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

This is not a very great phone. While it looks good, it definitely does not perform all that well. It's the little things that just keep adding up and adding up that don't make this phone worth it. I had it for over a year and had enough of it. The touch screen takes some getting used to as it is pressure sensitive. It isn't very responsive at all and many times the phone would freeze on me when doing regular activities or texting on it. A lot of the little widgets are almost useless, although the facebook one is nice for easy access. The phone is solid for texting and has a nice keyboard especially if you turn it on it's side, but like I said, it freezes and has to play "catch up" once in a while. After a while of using the phone, it just started to become slow and chunky. I had to press down harder and multiple times to actually get anywhere and it would freeze all the time. I had to replace my first phone because of a freezing problem, then I got the replacement and it was better, but still had little freezing issues and little bugs all over the place. I do not reccomend this phone.

I love my Samsung Mythic!

from Royse City, TX

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

I am an AT&T Wireless customer that was looking to upgrade my wireless phone back in December 2009. Before aquiring this particular model, I had a Samsung flip phone, that was not a "Smart Phone".

While walking around the AT&T store, this Samsung Mythic caught my eye. It offered a rebate, which drastically reduced the cost, so I decided on this phone.

It has a touch screen with lots of cool features, such as apps, MP3 player, GPS navigator and an address book that will hold lots of contacts. The address book has a "Notes" portion at the bottom, for entering personal or pertinent information. I am able to put my contacts into specific groups, which is convenient for sending out bulk texts or voice mails.

I trust the Samsung brand and would highly recommend it!

Love my Mythic

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

I purchased my Samsung Mythic last March. All in all, it has been a fabulous phone.

Pros: The touchscreen makes it easy to navigate and I appreciate the option to use either the fullscreen keyboard or the minimized one for one handed typing. It has been easy to customize the phone according to my preferences. My favorite feature has been the easy access to the volume control. So easy to turn off without ten steps to a settings menu.

Cons: My only real issue with the phone has been the touchscreen going out on me. Luckily the phone was still under warranty, and after taking the phone to a service center, I received another phone with no questions asked.

An Okay Cellphone

from Davis, CA

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

I bought this cell phone after my contract was up with ATT, the phone looked very sleek and just appeals to the eye. After unboxing it and using it for the 1st week, i began noticing how slow the phone is. The virtual keyboard lacked precision and you often get other letters than the one you want. The phones processor is very slow and you can see it when you go into the menu or view pictures. the phone will often Lag and this frustrates me. I read up on the phone online and it seems that almost every user experiences this. The touch system on the phone is probably the worst. it is a resistive touch system, which means pressure. And its not very accurate either. I have had better resistive touch screens that produce very accurate tracking of your fingers. Samsung has definitely dropped the ball when they created this cell phone. But in general, this phone works, and i like it besides for all of its negatives.

Phone freezes

from Benld, IL

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

I received the Samsung Mythic after my other Samsung broke.  Thank goodness for insurance but it doesn't help when they send you another phone that does not work properly.  I have had this phone for two months and when I try to hang up, it will not hang up sometimes.  I have to take the back off and take the battery out to shut it down.  It does not have a long battery life so buying a car charger is a must.

Love the Mythic

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

I   got this phone as an upgrade from an old school flip phone  and I love it.  I wanted something new and fancy and  looks cool. I never thought I would like the full keyboard   because I would  have to relearn how to text but it's great. The touch screen takes a little getting used to and  some time but once youre used to it it's great.  It's a fun upgrade that   feels hi-tech without being too complex.  The touch screen is fairly responsive but not super sensitive. I love all the apps and   tools. The camera is pretty good.  The menu and   shortcuts  are useful and convenient. The flash is very  very  bright.  The phone has a great shape and   it's smooth so  a  little  slippery. I have dropped it a few times but it's still  doing  pretty well.  I like the way it all  looks, it's very slick and classy.  I have had a lot of good luck with samsung phones, I would recommend this phone to anyone.

The Samsung Mythic is just okay....

from Van Buren, AR

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

This is my fifth phone in, unfortunately, way to short of a time period.  Therefore, I guess you could say I have quite a bit of experience with cell phones.  I do not particularly like this phone all that much.  It has a pretty good camera, and I like the color of it.  I like the fact that it is very customizable, and the fact that it has a touch screen.  However, it often comes unlocked by itself when I have it in my pocket, and I dislike the fact that whenever you send a text message you have to wait for it to send before you can do anything else.  I guess that just tells you how terribly impatient I am, but it does bug me quite a bit.  Since it does have quite a lot of features, I have found that it can be difficult to find what I am looking for, such as how to set speed dial and such.  I'm slightly confused as to why it has 3 scrollable backgrounds, but that part isn't so important.  This phone is, all in all, okay.

Great phone!

from Jefferson, OH

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

The size of the phone and the ease of use of the touchscreen were the most appealing initial aspects of this phone.  The texting keypad is very easy to use.  Of all of the phones we have ever owned, this one has given us the best reciption and the least amount of problems.

The only negative I have with this (and I'm not even sure it's just the phone itself) is when I had internet access on the phone, whenever I would do a search, the entire phone would freeze up and I would have to remove the cover and the battery to reset the entire phone, and get it turned back on and functioning.

Easy to use and very slick!

from Morton Grove, IL

Comments about Samsung Mythic Cell Phone:

I really enjoy using the Samsung Mythic phone. It is a great phone and the layout of it is amazing! It is very simple to use. The only concern for it that I have is that it restarts randomly once every month or so, but that is probably due to some type of upgrade reboot. Anyways, it is still in full functioning even though I dropped it like 891291271 times! Its solid and tough! I would definitely recommend it. The turning to text feature is also easy and fun tu use!...Touch screens are beginning to become a pain to me, so the next phone might not be a touch screen, but if you do enjoy them, this is a great phone!