2.2

2.2

Bought the WRONG one.

from Shawnee, OK

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
  • Defrosts All Over Floor
  • Freezer Ices Up
  • Freezer Leaks On Floor

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

The freezer ices up so the door won't shut. When it defrosts, the water flows out onto the kitchen floor. There is no drain in the freezer. Constant mess in the kitchen. No more Samsungs

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Good refrigerator; TERRIBLE ICE MACHINE

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

The ice machine is absolutely the worst. The motor was swapped out the first year because the shaft was not spinning the ice spool (broke loose and just free spun). The ice tray was also cracking in two spots, so swapped that out. It makes ice no problem now, but ice continually builds at the front and jams up the whole system. I have to clear a 6 X6 block of ice cubes that jam it up, at least twice a month to get it to work. Then there's the ice that stays above the flapper and melts, then drips and causes the white calcium stains all over the front. I usually have to keep paper towels up there to catch the water. Other than that it has been pretty good. It did freeze up one time and had water dripping from the front doors. I pulled everything apart and cleaned off the ice buildup around the fan and have not had a problem since.

Noise Level
    One other thing about the ice maker... When it drops ice, you can literally hear it standing outside the house! Otherwise very quiet.

Interior Organization
    Actually pretty good. The bottom freezer section seems to fill up too easily, might not go that direction next buy

Temperature Control
    Love the LCD. Everything seems to work well

See Ice machine!!!

• Noise Level:
    • Interior Organization:
    • Temperature Control:

ice maker broke less than a year

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I would think twice before buying this fridge. My vegetable drawer is hard to put back in after pulling it out to get something. The white handle on it keeps coming off. and within a few months of buying it, the ice machine broke. It is very roomy and the water taste good as well as the ice (when it was working) it didn't have that weird salty taste that most fridge ice have.

Noise Level
    very quite. no complaints here

Interior Organization
    tons of space. love that theres so much room even on the doors theres lots of shelves. The bottom freezer makes is easy to find whatever you are looking for. it also has a shelf down there

Temperature Control
    Never had a problem keeping my fridge at a certain temperature.

my fridge didn't last longer than 2 day looking clean. like with any other stainless steel product I've had, theres always smudges and fingerprints so i have to constantly clean it with stainless steel.

I've had the fridge for about 2 years now and other than the ice maker, and vegetable drawer handle, everything else is still working

I love stainless steel. Looks really nice and had that 'wow' look I wanted

• Noise Level:
    • Interior Organization:
    • Temperature Control:

Glad I purchased the extended warranty!

from Goodyear, AZ

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

This refrigerator just went out of the manufacturers warranty and now the pump has failed.  I was lucky enough to have purchased the extended warranty.  This now the second time I have had issues with this Samsung.  I have had to have the ice maker replaced already.  It only lasted about 3 months before it broke.  The ice maker is also very loud.  I am a very light sleeper and sometimes if I forget to close the bedroom door the ice maker will wake me up in the middle of the night.

There is plenty of room for storage but since this unit has a door water and ice dispenser you do lose some inside storage room.  The shelves are adjustable and can accomodate tons of food.  I have no problem fiting all my food during the holidays.  The deli drawer is very nice.  I can fit lots of cheeses and lunch meats in the drawer.  I especially love having the drawer style freezer.  It can hold tons of food and is makes everything easily accessible.

Over all I have been pleased with the frige but wish it would not have broken on me twice already.

What was Samsung thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Kannapolis, NC

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

What was samsung thinking when they built this thing?? I have been battling with Samsung over the poorly manufactured refrigerator for months now. We've actually had it for less than 2 years and it has so many defects that no appliance company that Samsung sent to fix the thing could fix it. Therefore I still have this pile of stainless steele sitting in my home. It is not fixable and I often wonder why they stop making this product in the first place. Let me give you a fair warning "Say NO TO THIS PRODUCT". It is no good. FACT NOT FICTION!!!