Other Refrigerators:

Samsung French Door Refrigerator

Geat Look - Doesn't seem to get very cold

from Westminster, CA

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

I bought this fridge as an emergency replacement - I didn't know anything about it other than Samsungs seemed to have great reviews...

I really like the look of the Samsung RFG299AARS Stainless Steel Bottom Freezer Refrigerator w/ the French Doors.  There seems to be alot of room - except for taller items (condiments, salad dressings, etc).  It does have two convenient shelves that can be reconfigured for taller items but I think it would be better if there was more door space.  Then again, I did buy a french door fridge and I usually have 4 gallons of milk in the fridge which tends to take up alot of space!  What did I expect?

It seems to take a while to recover from either having the doors open too long or after putting warm items inside.  But it does have a Power Cool feature that you can use to compensate for this.  The Power Cool feature will cool the fridge continuously for 2.5 hrs.

The freezer is great - has a lot of room.  The freezer has a "top, slide out of way" drawer.  I do wish that the top drawer would pull out along w/ the bottom when you open the freezer.  It slides out a few inches but my preference would be to have it come out all the way and then push it back if I didn't need it.

The ice maker is not so great- tho the ice tends to fly all over the place if you don't have the cup high enough.  There is a line on the Ice dispenser lever that shows you where to hold the top of your glass.  If the glass is held to the line, the ice stays in the glass.  It seems to take forever to make ice...if you tend to use a lot of ice, this fridge is not for you.

It also has an LCD display where you can upload pics, get nutritional info, and do conversions.  I LOVE this feature, but I see it being a very expensive repair if ever needed :)

And it should go without saying, that you will need a good stainless steel polish, esp if you have kids!

Noise Level
When the ice maker is filling up, you can hear it more so than i expected. as well as when the compressor kicks in.

Interior Organization
I love the configurability of the shelves....

• Noise Level:
  • Interior Organization:
  • Temperature Control:

Refrigerator with a lot of options

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Samsung French Door Refrigerator:

Are you looking for a refrigerator with many options? My husband and I just purchased a Samsung stainless steel refrigerator with all of the options we were looking for. It was difficult for us at first, because we couldn't find one refrigerator that had all the options that we both wanted. Then we found our Samsung. This refrigerator has the following options: bottom freezer which includes a pull out basket and a frozen pizza area. The handle locks in place and you need to pull up on it a little to get the door to open. In the refrigerator, there are glass shelves, with one of them being able to fold up for taller items. The compartments in the door are large enough that I can store stuff there to give me more space on my shelves. There is an egg compartment in the door. The deli tray compartment is of a great size. This option is real convenient since I entertain quite often. The outside is stainless steel and this is my only "complaint." It is real hard to keep the finger prints from showing up. I get it all cleaned up and by the end of the week, the exterior needs cleaned again. Because of all of the options, I believe this is an excellent appliance to have in your kitchen.