Other Digital Cameras:

Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera

The best camera!

from Flushing, NY

Comments about Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera:

If you ask me, this is the only camera to buy. It is small and has been on every news show as the hottest new gadget to buy. As far as I know it is still the only brand that allows you to see yourself before taking self portraits. I have nothing bad to say about this camera. Buy it!

Samsung TL220 is fun and easy

from Flint, TX

Comments about Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera:

My husband bought me this camera before our vacation in June so we had more of a compact camera that would be easier to carry.  he found a good one.  he can fit it in his pockets of his hsourts or pants and it's so fun to use.  the dual viewing is so fun and easy to use so you can take pictures together with the camera backwards.  it takes good pictures and zooms in really good.  this is a handy little camera with lots of features on it to use to make pictures more fun.

great

from La Honda, CA

Comments about Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera:

The touchscreen camera is certainly fun to play with.  In fact, I think I spent a good three hours just familiarizing myself with all the fun features.  However, when it really comes down to picture-taking and performance now that I've had the camera for a few months, the lens really doesn't compare with pricier models such as the Panasonic Lumix which my parents own.  It's much easier to take a picture with the Panasonic because the lens and software is faster and the end picture is clearer.  It's also easier to use to confuse the settings on the dualview because there are so many options.  At a party, it took 20min for me to relearn how to activate the smile detection.  However, the dualview is great for the price and will impress friends if that's your aim and it certainly has more features than you will probably ever use.

I would highly recommend getting this on Cowboom or other places as the price is significantly cheaper, but overall I think the novel user interface is worth the cost

The Camera Aspect could be better

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera:

samsung tl220 is a great camera!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera:

The Tl220 is an awesome little camera, however it does have its quirks. The touch screen is absolutely amazing,it gets everything on the first touch which is awesome, however the way the menu is set up can be a little bothersome to some people, it has alot of added features hidden in different menus. The auto mode on the camera can be tricky, sometimes it has the exact mode for the type of picture youre taking, and sometimes it doesnt. I've gotten some really awesome pictures from it, and some not so great ones. It has hd video recording which is amazing, however when youre recording and zoom in and out the audio will go out for a second. The front lcd is awesome, but sometimes is slow to turn on, you have to tap it with some force, sometimes more than a couple of time, and a couple of times the camera has frozen up on me where i had to eject the battery and then restart it, but it didnt erase anything. over all with a little patience i think the camera is amazing. I have gotten a lot of compliments on how cool the camera is. over all i like it alot.

Great Camera, fun to use!

from Little Neck, NY

Comments about Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera:

I got this camera right around the time that it came out. I have been very impressed with it.

The touch screen is great and very easy to use. It has many different settings which are pretty convenient and fun to play with. The screen on the front of the camera is great also and always impresses people! I spent several months backpacking Europe a while ago and this camera was great to take pictures of myself while making sure that i was actually in the picture. The camera also has a feature where it detects people smiling and will automatically takes the picture. Pretty snazzy if you ask me!

The only problem i have had with this camera is that the battery dies fairly fast. It usually didnt last throughout the day of sightseeing while my sister's camera battery lasted all day.  plan on going on another trip and will probably buy another battery as a back-up to make sure that i can capture all the sights

Little camera with loads of fun features...

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Samsung - DualView TL220 / ST500 Digital Camera:

Great camera!  Prior to this camera, I have three cameras and after purchasing the TL220, this camera has outperformed my Kodak Z712 IS and my Nikon.   The facial recognition is unbelievable, and I like the way it adapts in various lighting conditions.  The settings, if you're an avid camera user, are easy to manage, and the screen settings are fun.  It's very light weight, I can take it on the go, and I can tuck it in my pocket or purse with ease.  The front LCD is the twist of the camera, which makes the facial recognition capture the smiles and snaps the picture.  If you're looking for a good fundamental camera, the Samsung TL220/225 is the way to go for the quality and money.