3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Longevity:

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs is fab with these guidelines....

I have used this product for a couple years and found it works for my skin tone with the following guidelines...

- First apply a light moisturizer like Cetaphil...Read complete review

- First apply a light moisturizer like Cetaphil or Lubriderm. I do that and let the moisturizer soak in while applying face make-up.

- To apply before or after getting dressed...depends. I usually put it on after I have dressed. I do not recommend putting it on first because you risk getting it all over your clothing if you are pulling on a skirt, underwear or god forbid, Spanx. If you are pulling a dress on overhead you might get away with getting dressed after application.

- Yes, it is messy to apply! I tried using it in an empty bath tub with the shower curtain closed thinking it would contain the over-spray and be easy to clean up but that did not entirely work-it just made my shower gross and slippery. So I have found the best place to apply it is outdoors. I know this may not work for many people and my neighbors now think I am nuts but it does work. I do it in my back yard and it only takes 10 seconds to apply so hopefully no one will see:)

- I combine 2 different shades( the medium and light) and get an excellent result. Just spray a little of one then a little of the other shade on top of it until you get a satisfactory level of coverage. I tend to put it on liberally because then I blend a lot of it off in the next step. Do not spray and expect not to blend it. I don't care what the can says. I spray only the calves and blend it with my hands to my ankles and feet if necessary and above the knees. Do not spray your toes, do not spray below your ankles. Do not spray above your knees. Let your hands blend it to these areas for a natural look.

- Put on latex or plastic gloves then rub it to blend. I keep a box of gloves from the pharmacy handy under my bathroom sink for hair and tanning chores. Get a box from any pharmacy. Do not try this with bare hands or you will have a real mess on your hands. And keep a paper towel or old wash cloth handy or something else to wipe the excess that is on the gloves as you blend it in. Make sure your entire leg is covered with the product after blending. When you are done you should have a very very light layer remaining.

- Be careful putting on shoes. I have found that it really doesn't transfer much during the day after it really sets up but try not to let it rub the edges of your shoes where it can be seen.

I know this sounds like a lot of work but it is truly worth it. Anytime you see a celeb that is over 25 on TV on a talk show or on the red carpet I can guarantee they have had their stylist or make up artist go thru these steps. And after you get the hang of it it is really easy. Good Luck!

This stuff is gets everywear

I made the mistake of trying this product about a hour before my best friend's 30th birthday party. I don't wear hose and I thought this would give a smooth appearance to my legs and hopefully make them look a little slimmer.

I applied the product as directed and let it dry the recommended amount of time before putting on my dress. Well it was July in the South, but the makeup immediately started dripping down my legs and coming off on everyting. I had to carefully take off my dress and jump in the shower while trying to preserve my hair and makeup. All I could think about was I'm so happy this didn't happen on my friend's white dining room chairs.

Needless to say, this ended up in the trash!

YES! Finally! A tanner I like!

from Canada

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Creates Even Tan
  • Dries Quickly
  • Natural Tan
  • Works Quickly

Cons

• Thick

• Body

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

I love this! It was very easy to apply, it washed off my hands super quickly. It was dry and I showered 40 mins after wearing it and it didn't come off! I am very impressed. I didn't have to worry about my toes, or my knees or over applying. I am very impressed! I would buy this again and use it all the time.

Not impressed

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

I picked this up at the local drug store, after l noticed my previous spray tan was not fading away nicely (it looked patchy and blotchy). I wish l had spent my money on something else! If you brush up against anything, or cross your legs while you sit...it comes off! If you spray too high on your thigh, your seat will be left with sparkles when you get up, while your legs will be left with a colorless patch. It is indeed easy to apply, and doesn't streak or anything like that. The smell is to me like a baby powder almost.

Horrible experience

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

Airbrush Legs by Sally Hansen is an overpriced tanning product in a lousy spray can. First of all it comes in a spray bottle yet the instructions states to shake well and spray directly into hand and apply on legs and feet. It just defeats the whole purpose of it being sold in a spray can. I even laid down a huge old towel and yet it still stained everything in the bathroom from the floor tiles, the cupboards and the titled walls, and the fumes are dangerous as I was inhaling it even with the room had air flow with the window and door fully opening. The product is messy and it goes all over the cap of the bottle. Even after the mess Airbrush Legs by Sally Hansen did not give me a great tan coverage at all. Aside from all that the only positives are that I liked the colour of tan application and that it really is waterproof. I do not recommend using any spray bottles for home tannings as it’s just a pain to clean up the mess afterwards. Waste of time, effort and money to get crappy results.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs gives a natural looking tanned color

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

I had received a small sample of the Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. There was not enough to try on both my legs, so I decided to test in on my lower leg on just one side, which also made the effect much more visually apparent. I got a nice, brown color without it looking fake on me, even though I am rather pale. I would have to say, I pretty much like everything about the product, except perhaps that it is rather runny so it can easily get messy when you apply it.

The airbrush seemed to be rather effective in giving a nice brown/tanned color without it looking fake.

Ease of Application
I had a small sample in a tiny bag, which probably made it a bit harder to apply the airbrush without it getting on other things as well. But the product did seem to be rather runny, so I would definitely recommend applying it in the bathroom or somewhere else which is easy to clean in case you spill something. I would also suggest leaving it to dry for more than the about five minutes I did before putting on clothes, because a little bit rubbed off on my white sock.

I really liked that it did not seem to have that "tanned" scent that I have previously experienced with similar products.

Longevity
The tanned color even lasted pretty well after having taken a shower this morning.

• Longevity:

Not really a tanner, more a concealer, which for me was better!

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

Have always been skeptical of self tanners because (showing my age here...) I was around when the self-tanning products first came out and they were horrible! Now that I am older I am finding that my legs are becoming more and more prone to scars and pasty spots. I decided to try something to help them look nicer. After looking around and reading various reviews I decided to try Sally Hansen.

I am pleased with the results I have obtained, but want to caution readers to FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and DON'T EXPECT PROFESSIONALLY APPLIED AND EXPENSIVE RESULTS. It does a nice job for the cost and ease of self use!!

I find that to get the best results my legs must be prepared before applying this product. Here is my routine that works for me:
1. Wash my legs and exfoliate.
2. Dry thoroughly and apply a moisturizer that absorbs well.
3. Spray enough tanner to equal a small puddle in the palm of your hand. (Note: I have read a couple of reviews that mention the spray nozzle clogging. I believe that they may have tried to spray the product directly on the leg and have turned the container upside down when spraying. Follow directions and spray into palm, not on leg.)
3. Spread the product smoothing it over the leg evenly. Applying a light layer first, then repeating with another layer if needed works best for me.
4. Let application dry and then repeat if needed.

I like the fact that this isn't meant to be sprayed on. Self spraying the back of legs is not easy and doesn't result in a smooth, even application. And by applying only a light layer at a time results in the least amount of product wasted and less possibility of ending up with too much product that can rub off on furniture or clothing.

It does a good job of concealing and blending flaws on my legs such as light scars and small vein close to the surface.

Ease of Application
I love that you apply it with your hands. It is easier and results in better coverage.

Compared to the early versions of tanning products, there is no comparison. I don't think there is barely any scent.

Longevity
A couple of days at most. I try not to scrub legs when showering only because I am afraid it will start to streak.

• Longevity:

Works pretty well but quite a contrast if you have light skin

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

My skin tone is very light and I do not tan at all during the summer months. I received a wedding invitation and wanted to look my best when attending this wedding. My friend suggested that I try Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs to give my legs a slightly tanned look. Overall, the results were just ok. It seems that no matter the self tanner I use, the end result means that the body part I used the self tanner on is much darker than the rest of my skin. My legs were several shades darker than the rest of my body after I used this product and the "tan" did not look natural at all. I also experienced some uneven darkening of my legs and some streaking with this product. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs did not irritate my sensitive skin, which was a positive quality of this product. I think the product would work well on darker skin tones but it is not effective if you have a lighter skin tone.

Good idea, bad product

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

This Sally Hansen product was a gift from my mother because she knows that I am obsessed with trying all different kinds of self tanners. I tan all the time and use many different products. Usually Sally Hansen products are my least favorite but I decided to give this a try anyways. It was horrible. It did not work as directed on the package. The color was there, but it seemed to never dry. It also was hard to spray only on my legs. This would be something I would only use in my swimming suit outside because it will spray on everything. I also found that when going by my skin tone, the bottle that matched gave me a color that I did not like because it was a little too dark. It was obvious that I had used a fake tanning product since the jump from my skin tone to the results was just too much. I would not recommend purchasing this product because it is generally a waste of time to wait and wait for it to dry.

• Longevity:

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. A spray tan in a can that's useless.

from Austin, Tx

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

As many individuals, I thought trying a self tanner that was titled airbrushed such as Sally Hansens Airbrush Legs would mean a dewy, beautiful, convenient and professional looking tan that I would love. Needless to say that was not the case for me. When I first saw this tanner a year ago in Sally's Beauty Supply Store, I was excited to buy it and try it out. I was expecting a no mess, easy application that would look natural. The few range of colors offered can be difficult to determine which shade is best and if you don't pick the color that closest matches your skin tone it will definitely be noticeable. I picked the wrong shade which ended up being way darker than what I initially thought. I have a light/olive complexion and wanted a tanning spray that would not have the god awful orange tint and hue to it but unfortunately that is exactly what I got. I followed the directions perfectly and even showered hours before using this product to ensure an even and smooth application. Starting with my legs, I sprayed a coat inches away while moving the can up and down in a fast paced motion to ensure proper delivery over my entire leg and thigh. It's difficult to decide when to stop because you almost feel like you didn't apply enough. While wet this spray tanner will look lighter then how it dries. It's a sheer, watery spray and applying too much can cause unflattering streaks which it did with me. I waited the time allotted for it to completely dry and was not pleased with the results/appearance. It was too orange in color and streaky. It just did not appear natural and one leg was enough to deter me from spraying anywhere else. I may have sprayed just a little too much and chose the wrong color for my skin type possibly but I just did not find this product to be as great as it sounds.

I didn't find Sally's airbrush spray tanner to be effective at all. It goes on wet and when dry can look very chalky/ashy.

Ease of Application
This is by no means a difficult and task full tanning spray to use but trying to achieve good results can be tedious especially if you have no patience. Keep in mind while spraying this product, it will stain whatever it comes in contact with.

The scent of this tanner is tolerable and didn't bother me at all, most likely due to the ingredients and consistency of it.

Longevity
Minimal longevity with this tanner lasting a mere few day's at the most. This is a self tanner that does not hold long.

Airbrush is good but....

from Tom Bean, Texas

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

There is a technique to applying this product and I don't have it. I have tried over and over and over again but cannot figure out if it's my skin or the product that leaves me with thicker areas of coverage than others. I love the color and the scent but I just cannot figure out for the life of me how to apply it without streaks!!

If I could appy it properly, it would be beautiful coverage. The color is nice.

Ease of Application
As I have stated previously, I cannot figure out a good technique to apply it. I don't have any paint and body work experience so I don't have that nice, easy application stroke that seems necessary for an even finish.

Very pleasant.

Longevity
The color does seem to last even through the heat. I didn't notive much transfer of color to chairs, socks or anything. Again, If only I could figure out a way to apply it evenly I would be very happy. I don't think it's the product but me. I will give it another try on a day when I don't have to show off my legs so If I streak, no one will see it.

• Longevity:

Best to use if you have bruises.

Comments about Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs:

Using this product made me feel messy and greasy. I was also worried about what clothes to wear this with, as any white or light colored dresses would have turned into a disaster. I think that the best part of having this product on hand is the fact that it can be effective at covering up or diminishing the look of bruises and other marks on the legs. I think that it can also be applied anywhere else on the body for this same reason.
Another negative aspect of using this product is always being conscious of the weather. Since I live in California and enjoy warm/hot days year round, its not effective for me to wear a ton of makeup. I feel that sweating in the heat might make this product run and become a mess, so I avoid using it in the warmer months of the year. The color selection is not too great. I would say that its best to use it only if you already have a slight tan.