3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

the safety first folding bathtub was a great value for the money

As a first time MOm- i had no idea what kind of baby tub to get!  THe options are so overwhelming.  So I thought " what do you do actually NEED in a baby tub?"  My requirments were "hold water, and comfortably accomodate my child."  So I passed up the fancy rubs with water spouts and mesh liners and got th ebaic blue plastic folding tub from Safety First.  It was great.  It held water.  It accomodated my child.  And when bathtime was over, I folded it up and put it in the closet so we could use our tub shower.

What I'm trying to say to curious moms out there- you really don't need all the fancy baby stuff.  It will put you in the poor house faster than you can go through a case of diapers.  There is no need whatsoever to get anything but a basic tub for your baby- she'll be out of it in 6 months, so save your money for something more fun!

Safety 1st Bath Tub could use some Improvement

I am a first time parent, and purchased the Safety 1st Baby Bath Tub because we were looking for something that was affordable, a space saver and safe for our baby. I must admit, there is very little that I actually LIKE about this tub. I do like that there is a slip resistant mat for my son to lay on, it helps to me to be able to use both hands for washing him and (when he was younger) supporting his head. I also like the small "bowl" I suppose you'd call it at the bottom of the tub so that I can keep some soap free, clean water for rinsing, washing his face, etc. However, there are so many cons to this baby tub, that I think I will be looking for a different make for our next children. This tub LEAKS like CRAZY!! When my son was just born, we put this tub on the kitchen counter to bathe him. We soon learned that it was totally necessary to place a very thick bath towel under this tub in order to catch all of the water that leaked out. And this leak wasn't just a slow drip either, it was a fast leak!! If we forgot the towel, we had a hot mess on our hands in the kitchen! Once my son got older and was able to hold his head up on his own, we started to just place the tub in our big bathtub so any water that leaked out could just go down the drain and clean up was easier. I also don't like the "folds" so many times I've worried that where the tub folds up will catch my sons skin and pinch him. I also don't like the lack of padding, my son has knocked his head on the hard plastic of this tub more times than I can count (he is never hurt enough to even cry, but as a mom, it makes me worry).  I also wish that this tub would have come with a net for my son to be placed in as a newborn so I didn't have to worry about his floppy, days old body, sinking too far into the water. Overall, not a good buy on our part.

The good and the bad

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

My first time being a parent I received the Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub. Now that I have had the chance to experience more than one type of tub, I can truly appreciate it's pros and understand it's cons. First of all, I like the fact that it folds for space saving, making it more compact and convenient. I also appreciate the mini basin at the bottom of the tub. I used it to hold the bathing products. It is shallow and fits well over the sink to simplify bath time. The only con that this product is that the mesh fold away tubs make it easier to wash the baby's back and the plastic one id slightly more difficult. Also. I think this bath tub would be better if it had a boppy for the babies head and neck. Other tan that, it is perfectly fine the way it is and I have no complaints. It served it's purpose and was relatively cost efficient so, I'd recommend it.

Not totally impressed

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

With my first baby I wanted all of the cool products out there. I registered for absolutely everything out there to help out with caring for my new baby. This product was one of the items that I registered for and received. Initially I tried to use this product. It is fairly small and does not take up a lot of space, but in time I found that it was easier to stick my baby in the clean kitchen sink and give him a quick bath. It was much easier than pulling this tub out and using it. I also found that it was a pain to rinse and dry. It made bath time a much longer process than necessary. Again, holding my child in the sink or tub ended up being quicker and easier. There was nothing wrong with the product, it just wasn't useful to me. I did not use this product at all for my second child.

Versatility
I like products that can be used in more than one way. I like products that make my life easier. This product didn't really wow me.

The product is durable and would last for a long time if cared for.

I found this kind of clunky. After the first few uses, I retired the tub and ended up giving it away.

Safety
I definitely think this is a safe product.

I keep my kids very clean, so by default, this product stayed clean. I just found it a hassle to have to rinse and dry the tub after each use.

• Safety:

I would NOT suggest getting this bath tub!

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

It's a bath tub so of course you could manage getting the job done. When my son was a newborn he had his first bath in this tub and it is not good for newborns at all. He still was learning to control his head and there was no head support. This resulted to my baby boy continuously hitting his head on the side. When he was older and could control his head it was very crowded he wanted to sit up and their was not enough room for him to do so, so instead he had no choice but to lean back. When leaning the baby back there is not extra space above his head so if you are not bathing him in this tub inside a big bath tub you will splash water everywhere. Also, where it folds up, it would always leak water out when I filled it up. Your baby is worth a little extra money take your time on finding the right bath tub and a safe one! Best thing about this tub is it will fold up for convenient storage!

Safety
It has no support for infants and it clicks to lock which means it easily unlocks!

It was easy to clean in some place but since it does fold it is hard to get in between the cracks!

Great to use!

from Dike, IA

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

When we first got this bath tub we lived in a small 1 bedroom apartment. Needless to say we did not have a lot of space! This tub worked great for us! When not in use we could store it under the sink or in the closet! We loved how easy it was to use and clean and fold up!

Versatility
We could use this in our kitchen or we could put it in the tub!

This is 4yrs old now and still looks good!

Very simple to use!

Safety
Just wish there was a safety buckle!

So easy to clean!

• Safety:

This bathtub is not worth the money.

from Malden, MO

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

I bought the Safety First Fold Up bathtub at a reasonable price.  I was thrilled that it would fold up and I could store it away, out of sight.  Baby bathtubs are usually so awkward to  find a place for.  I love that the tub is in a reclining position which is perfect for newborns.  It has a built in drain plug for easy water removal.  The seat is padded with some kind of foam so that your baby does not slip-and we know babies are very slippery when wet!  Ha!

Depending on where you purchase the product it usually comes with two water toys, which are great when your baby gets old enough to hold them.  The only problem I've had, and it is a big problem, is that it leaks.  I usually set it on the counter in the kitchen and I have to put a big towel underneath it to soak up the water.  I think it leaks around the places where it folds.  Also, if you overfill it even slightly, it will leak.

I would not recommend buying this product.  I wish I had bought a different brand, or maybe not a fold up tub at all.  I am disappointed every time I pick the tub up and there's water everywhere.

Great portable bath tup

from Elk Grove, CA

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

This is a great little portable bath tup. We received this as a hand me down from one of my cousins, so it was about 6 years old already but still in good condition. It folds into a small square for easy storage and great portability. We would bring it to grandma's house and to hotels with us when we traveled. The main thing is drying it after every use. We would just open it up and put it upside down to dry in the bathtup, if you don't do this the foam part can get modly. Great for little kids, but as they get bigger they grow out of quickily, so probaby only for infants to 12 months, and some 12 months would be even too big for it. After this we used an open one that had no bumps inside, but wasn't easily portable.

Space Saver

from League City, TX

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

The Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bathtub provided a good value for the money. It is highly affordable and offers several nice features. Most importantly, it folds to about 1/3 of the total length. Both the bottom and top of the tub fold in towards the middle. This allowed us to store the bathtub under the sink, in the cabinet, and reduce the clutter of baby items throughout out house. It also includes a drain/plug at the bottom, which is nice for emptying the water after a bath. The incline of the backrest was just right for our son, from about 3 weeks all the way up to about 6 months. The primary downside of this bathtub is that it does not come with any padding or sling for newborns. We bought a cheap foam bathrub liner to use with this bathrub, which worked well. But without it, our son would have slipped around in the tub. However, with the added foam pad, he always seemed happy and enjoyed his baths in this bathtub.

This bathtub is a good value.

from Durham, NC

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

This bathtub was the cheapest one I could find..which shows in some areas. For instance, it leaks a little bit through the seam where the tub folds up as well as through the plug hole for the drain. This isn't usually a concern when you use it propped in a sink or inside the bathtub, but did cause some problems when my baby was so little that we used it on the countertop.

I do like that it folds up and is easily stored away in or bathroom, which was not the case with some of the other, more expensive models that I looked at.

It basically just does the job that it is intended for. There is nothing else special about it, it isn't particularly cute, it isn't cushy or really soft for my baby and sometimes she does kind of slip down on the foam lining, but I would still choose this one again. In areas like bathtubs, whatever model is the cheapest and easiest to put away is always going to win out for me!

This worked great for my premi.

from Thornville, OH

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

At my baby shower I ended up getting to different baby tubs. I ended up having my son early. When we got to bring him home from the hospital he was about 5 pounds. The one tub that we had was way to big. The other tub was a Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub. I am so glad that we had it because it worked great for him. He always seemed to enjoy taking a bath, and still does. He fit in it well and we could keep the water really low since he was so tiny. That made it easier to keep a hold of him when he was all soapy. There is a little bit of padding or non-slip on the tub but it is not very thick. The padding does seem to hold up well but I would have liked for it to be softer or thicker. The Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub was easy to drain and to keep clean. I am really glad that I had this bath tub when my son was born. It made bath time very easy and relaxing for everyone.

Very nice tub

from Bremen, IN

Comments about Safety 1st Space Saver Fold Up Bath Tub:

I didn't have problems with this tub.  It seemed to work fine for my daughter. She enjoyed her baths so this also probably helped.  I liked the no skid part on the tub so then I know she wold not slide around and it folds up and that was really a space saver for me.  I didn't have any problems with it leaking.  I think the only time I got water on the floor was when I didn't empty all the water out.  It does empty out pretty easy and it was just a very nice tug to have.  Your baby won't use it for to long, but it was used a lot and I got my money's worth out of it.  I can't really compare it to other tubs, but really this one worked just fine.  I didn't think we needed all the extra gadgets that came on a lot of the other tubs.  i also go a great deal on this it and I was very happy it was on sale for me.  So look for a great sale and then get the tub that you really want.  Let me know if you have any questions/