Other Baby Tubs & Seats:

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub

Pros

Cons

Love it!

The Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub is a great purchase! On top of being adorable, it is very convienient. The tub has a plug in the bottom so the water can be easily drained out, perfect for someone who can't lift it. If you are using it in a sink, this is nice because you don't have to worry about making a mess or trying to lift the tub while it is heavy. It has a soft, no-slip foam pad for the baby's back, which also provides a little cushioning and it isn't as cold as the plastic. The Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub also has a "baby stopper" that can be removed as your child grows. The tub comes with a baby whale toy that can also be used to rinse your baby off. My son Emmett, love playing in this bathtub and that makes giving him a bath a whole lot easier. Overall, the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub is a great product that I would definitely recommend to my friends!!!

A baby item I could have lived without.

I recived this tub as a shower gift and was excited to use it, but after the first time I realized that it was bulky, heavy, hard to store and just generally not needed to bathe my baby. If I had it to do all over again I probably would have gotten something smaller and easier to put away. We really only used this tub a handful of times, and it didn't really make bath time any safer or easier. I have found a second use for it though, and was glad to have it when summer time came around as it made a perfect water play area for my youngest son to be in while the older children played in our pool. The big kids would fill it up for him with pool water and he would splash around in it and have a fit when it was time to take him out, it gave me an easy way to have him in the water and keep him cool without having to worry about bringing him in the big pool where the older kids splash and play. Overall this would not be on the top of my list for new moms and I probably would not recommend it or give it as a gift.

Fantastic baby bath!

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

We got this when my son was just a few weeks old and it's held up so well- it keeps him comfortable, stable and happy while bathing. It's easy to clean and store away when we're not using it and it's adorable, too. I love the bright colours and the little toy that comes with it. It's fantastic that the little baby rest means I can focus more on cleaning than worrying about basic stability.

Versatility
It was a good buy for when he was a few weeks old and grew with him for a while. It really has one basic use and it serves that purpose well.

I'm very happy with how well it held up and for how long, it's good quality.

It honestly could not be any easier to use! Straight-forward and smart design and very simple to clean, as well.

Safety
It's great for keeping baby stable and upright, so bathtime is comfortable and safe. It's a good size as well, to grow with baby a little and be a safe pick for some time.

It is not hard to clean by any means.

The cutest tub!

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

This tub is just adorable, I got it just because it was so cute. I could not find the regular one in stock anywhere, so I ended up buying the deluxe version which comes with a toy bar. The toy bar was just always in the way, but luckily it was easily removed and my daughter still enjoys the toys 3 years later. The tub itself has held up well, be sure to clean under the area that props up newborns regularly or risk mold due to water getting trapped under it. It is very easy to remove the sitting piece and put back in, it also holds up a newborn very well so you don't have to hold on to a slippery baby. My daughter is now far too big for this tub, but I still use it for pedicures. It's not too big or too small, so it's not going to just take up space. I kept it stored between my sink and tub area.

Versatility
Its a baby tub, there isn't much you can do with it after the baby outgrows it, but if you need a shallow tub or bucket for something like pedicures or washing baby clothes by hand then sure, it's versatile.

3 years and counting!

You do have to remove the parts to properly clean this tub, before buying I saw lots of bad reviews about the tub growing mold. Really, that is due to poor cleaning, but as long as you remove the parts so the tub can dry properly this should not be an issue.

Perfect for an infant!

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

We bought this bath tub for our baby after looking at all of the fancy baby baths out there. This tub is basic but it really does the job. It has a piece to support an infant and then as they grow you can remove the piece so that your 4,5 month old can grow with.

Versatility
it is a bath tub not much you can do.

A Whale Of A Good Time!

from Everett, MA

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

This tub is so cute! I used this for both of my kids when they were infants. My kids both had their first bath in this tub and they used it until they each around 9 months. It fit perfectly in the kitchen sink. One side sits on the counter and the other side hooked onto the middle of the sink. It didn't move while I bathed them. My son didn't seem very comfortable sitting on the green bar that kept him from sliding down but my daughter never had a problem.
The design lets you fill it with enough water to bathe them and the green bar keeps them from sliding down into the water. I love the bright colors and so did my kids. I just wish there were toys that could attach to the sides so they could play with toys and be occupied while I bathed them instead of trying to sit up and and look over the side of the tub. I also wish it had a seat belt to hold them into the tub and help keep them from sitting up and looking over the side. I was always nervous that they might tip over the side but they never did.

Safety
I wish it had a built in seat belt.

• Safety:

Whale of a good time in a tub

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

I love this bathtub. My son loves it too. I like the fact that it has a place for him to sit up almost up right, and he can still splash his feet in the water that you put at the bottom of the tub. It also has a non slip grip on the back where their back goes so the don't slip and slide to the side. There is also a plug at the bottom so you can release the water with ease and it is very easy to clean.

Used for every bath

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

We love this tub! I received more than one baby tub as gifts before my son ever arrived. We didn't actually start using the whale until my son was 5 or 6 months old (Since the other tub was strictly newborn we wanted to use it while we could) My son will be 9 months old in a few days and we still use this tub for every bath. He loves being able to sit up and splash his hands in the water. When he was smaller and we first started to use it, I was afraid there would be to much wiggle room for him and he might start to tip over or slide down. But the cushion on the "back rest" does an excellent job when it comes to grip. He didn't slide once.
Now that he's older he gets very excited about splashing the water, and I love that the tub came with three toys. He loves kicking them around with his little feet.
The only complaint I have is storage. The tub does not fold or break down in any way. We've ended up just leaving ours in the tub when it's not being used because there is just no room for it anywhere else.
But overall, excellent product.

• Safety:

Loved this whale of a tub

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

I received the Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub for a baby shower gift. It was so cute. It came with a little orange whale toy cup with holes in it to sprinkle water. I loved the color and the look of it. It was easy to clean, the green part in the middle comes out. The non stick spot for the baby was very a very nice add on. It is soft and feels good, so the baby's back does not stick to the back. I stored it in a closet near the bath. So it did not take up much room when not in use. The green middle part was great to help hold my baby from slipping down.

Versatility
I used this for a while. Once my baby could not fit in the tub with the green middle part. I was able to remove it and still use the tub.

No problems with durability for me. Simple design. It doe not have any extra stuff that can break. It is made of a hard plastic.

Very easy to use. I put in my tub for bath time and once done i just poured out the water and air dried it in the tub.

Safety
Love the safety of it. The tub has a green no slip back and a green middle part where the baby's knees rest. Don't have to worry about the baby slipping.

Easy clean. After each use i would dump out the water and let it air dry. Once a week i would use soap and water to wash it and sir dry.

Great Baby Tub

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

This was a great tub for my family, and both kids loved it! What I liked best about it was the non stick foam in it so the kids did not slip around and the versatility of being able to put the tub any where because of the legs on it. We have a really deep tub at home so we used it on the table when the kids were really little and then on the floor so I did not have to bend so far down into the the big bathtub to wash them. Plus when they start to sit up on their own you can remove the guard in it so they can sit up the the bath tub. I would recommend this product to any new parent, it makes bath time so much easier.

Versatility
I think it is great because I could use the bath in the the big bath tub, or on the floor, or table because of the legs on it. When the kids were really little it was so nice to have it on the table so you could stand and bathe them.

I have used it for both of my kids and is still in awesome shape! The noslip foam in it has not worn down at all so it will still work good for more kids, and the plug in the bottom still holds good even with the kids playing with it all of the time.

I found the tub to work really easily for our household with being able to use it on the bathroom floor for bathtime.

Safety
My kids used this tub from when they were a couple of weeks old until they were over a year old and we had no issue. With any baby tub you are with them the whole time.

This would be the only down side about the tub. With having the foam on the tub, it is challenging to clean, I don't know how well that it really cleans. Also the green sitting guard makes it hard to, to really get it cleaned you have to take it out. I never used the plug in the tub to drain the water, I would just tip the bath over to dump it out and then clean it out.

• Safety:

Great tub, just hard to store!

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

We bought this tub after it had been recommended to us by several people. When we first brought our son home and we wanted a lot of space to make sure my husband and I could both help give baths, we would just fill this up and set it right on our kitchen table! The bar in the tub made those first baths (as paranoid parents!) much easier. The foam on the back of the tub made it a comfortable and safe surface for my son. Prior to purchasing I had read that other people had difficulty getting the piece in the middle out, or complaints about mold underneath that but that was not an issue for us. Once he was sitting up comfortably on his own we were able to remove the bar and he sat in the basin part with ease. We felt this was a great transition for him (and us!) before we moved his baths into the bathtub. Now that he is in our bathtub for baths, I do find that it is a pain to store but so are a lot of baby related items. We make due for now and for the price (and for how cute it is), we couldn't say no!

would not recommend

Comments about Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub:

This is a super fun bright looking tub for a little one but not a convient one at all. Its quit heavy first of all and there is no where to hang it in the tub after use. Its bulky and hard unlike other infant bathtubs that have the netting for newborn use. Although this specific bathtub can be used from newborn till time your child could sit alone in a tub. It has very many different good and bad points to it. I personally returned it and went with a different tub.