Other Baby Tubs & Seats:
Munchkin

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Splish-Splash in this FUN Bath!

**Rubber Duckie, You're So Fun!**

**Rubber Duckie, You're So Fun!**

The **Munchkin Safety Duck** is a bath time friend for *any* baby! The Munchkin duck is safe, sturdy, and an excellent alternative to tub baths. I'm a bath "safety geek" and the thought of my daughter falling in our tub concerned me! I disliked "other" children's tubs on the market, simply because they were made from materials as hard as REAL bathtubs! The Munckin tub "fits the bill". It's fully inflatable and shaped like a duck, what more could you want for a kid? The duck's *slightly* difficult to inflate since you have to do it yourself, but it's *more* then worth it, your baby *won't *fall down! Should your child tip sideways, they bounce back uninjured!

**Quack Attack!**

The tub has high walls and a head rest (the ducks head). The tub's walls are smooth and slick, and the floor is soft with textured grooves to prevent slipping. There's a "heat indicator" in the base of the vinyl tub. White means "too hot", blue means you're safe. Once filled, *most* of the water stays put, unless splashed! It doesn't hurt that your child is bathing in a toy either, the thought has to be *extremely* appealing to kids. The beak of the duck has a built in "quacker". You can press it and hear a loud "Qwack Qwack Qwack"...

**High & Dry**

When finished, the tub can be hung dry using a suction cup on the underside. The suction cup works, sort of. When you use the tub the following day, it's slipped halfway down the shower wall, BUT it's *still* attached. Other then an occasional "deflate" (following roughhousing) the problem is easily fixed by re-inflating the duck. We've thoroughly loved and enjoyed our **Munchkin Hot Safety Duck** *so much* that we've folded it down and saved it. Who knows, maybe someday we'll need another "ducky" bath...

Anyone want mine? :(

This is super cute, and I got a ton of duck stuff at my baby shower because ducks were kinda my "thing."  But...I may have waited to long to use it, because I put my 11 month old son in it the other day and he SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER as soon as he touched it!I like it.  I think it's cute.  The baby... not so much.I'm thinking of sanitizing the thing and putting it on Craigslist, because it's still in perfect shape.Ad could read;"Barely bumped by my baby's bum."Great features:It's very soft and bouncy, and it has a water temperature gage built right into it, so you don't have to guess at whether or not your baby's bathwater is too hot.I would recommended it, if my son hadn't found it so terrifying.

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

The Munchkin Safety Duck Tub is a great item to help your child learn to love baths. The tub is made of sturdy plastic and was a durable product. It can be easily blown up and deflated which makes this a great travel tub. It fits inside the regular tub and allows your child to sit inside the smaller tub, or to rest against the side of the tub. I would of course recommend only using this tub once the child can sit by himself. Inside the beak of the duck is a sound device which, when pushed, will quack giving your child another fun thing to love about the tub. The bottom of the tub has a temperature indicator that will alert if the water is too hot, but I think this is superfluous as you should always check the temperature of the water yourself before putting your child in the tub. So, I wouldn't buy the tub just for this feature...I would buy the tub for the fun duck shape and the ease of use while travelling.

Good Transition Product from baby to toddler

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

I like this cute duck for the important transition phase. The transition from baby bathtub to big boy bath tub can be stressful on Moms. This lessens that stress. I think my favorite part of this tub is the "hot"indicator. It really helps us parents who forget how sensitive the little ones skin can be.

Versatility
I like how it can fit in the tub. It would be nice if it was easier to move around in the tub though. You have to have a game plan when you first put this in the bath tub, because once it is full of water, you can not move it, or rotate it to face the other way.

This little ducky guy has survived through 2 energetic little boys. I am still going to hold onto it and maybe see how he does through a 3rd child some day. We all like this ducky, and his cute duck quacks!

Blow it up, fill it up, enjoy! super easy. I like the "hot" indicator too. It made me realize how sensitive those little guys are!

Safety
My little ducky wouldn't stick very well to the bottom of our tub. But, my little guy was also very active in the bath. I liked that it gave us something new to try in the bathtub. It made the transition from the baby bathtub to the big boy bathtub easier for us.

Spray down and wipe with a soapy washcloth. It's super easy!

So cute!

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

This is so cute and a plus that there is a water temperature gauge. It was a little difficult to blow up but I usually have problems with that so it is not a negative. The baby fit very well in it and enjoyed it.

Versatility
I don't think it is versatile, it is a baby bath.

Seems to be very durable and comes with a couple of patches just in case. It also has suction cup to hang to dry.

Fill, check the temperature and enjoy!

We just rinse out and hang to dry

duck bathtub

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

My son loves being in this bath tub. it adds fun to his bath time. I also like if he slips while sitting in it he wont hit his head against a hard surface. Plus if you are going anywhere you can just deflate it and put it in you travel bag and when you need it you can just put air in it and your good to go.

• Safety:

awkward and not easy to use

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

We got this as a gift, but did not use it for very long because it is an strange shape that does not give easy access to washing. We also found that it leaked from joints, and created a mess on the table top as we gave a bath. We actually went out and bought a different type, which has held up just fine. I would stay away from this product.

Awesome invention

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

I have a young daughter and I was always afraid to put my daughter in the bath tub. There is no choice when she out grows the sink. That is until I found this Munchkin safety duck tub. My daughter loved this bath tub and so did I. It is also cool that the beak quacks. The duck bath tub just blows up so a very good thing to travel with. Plus no safety hazards. I would recommend this bath tub to anyone.

Very safe.

great for traveling

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

I love this baby bath tub because it is soft and plush. So I can be sure that my child is always comfortable! I also love this tub because it is inflatable, so I can bring it with me when I leave. Another thing I love about this bath tub because it has a thermometer. so it can tell me if the water is too hot or too cold for my child. That is a really handy thing! I love it and so does my little one! The rubber ducky design makes bath time super fun!

This bathtub may be blown up, but it is surprisingly sturdy! Im not quite sure on the weight limit, but it can hold toddlers!

It is easy to blow up, bathe your baby, empty, dry and then lastly deflate! Since it is blow up, when all the air is out, it is amazingly easy to store and put away until the next day!

Safety
This is a very safe tub, but I wouldn't recommend it being used with newborns. The tub is made for older infants or toddlers. Ones who can sit up and hold there own weight.

Perfect!

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

My daughter loved taking a bath in this, she especially liked making the duck quack :) In fact, she liked this so much that when she outgrew it for the bathtub, she insisted on keeping it to just sit in and play until she outgrew that too! Once your baby can sit up unassisted, this is a great choice.

Fun in the tub

from Central Square, NY

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

Very cute tub for little ones to splash around in. I never paid mind to the hot warning patch at the bottom, instead relying on experience and touch of the water. Has two different sections to inflate, but took me less than 10 minutes with my son climbing on me while doing it. Takes up a good portion of the tub, so be sure it will fit on yours before purchasing.

Great Transition tub!

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Munchkin Hot Safety Duck Tub:

We bought this to transition our daughter from her infant tub to the big tub once she could sit up on her own. It's the perfect size and for the price, you can't beat it. We used it from 6 months until 1 year when it sprung a leak (she was starting to outgrow it anyway). My daughter loved the squeaky beak and she felt more secure in this smaller tub than when I had put her in the regular tub.

Versatility
There's really only one use for this tub... transitioning your baby to a larger tub.

It lasted 6 months for us before it sprung a leak, which I felt was pretty good considering we used it nightly.

Easy to use if you blow it up and leave it in your tub. It would be a pain if you had to deflate or if you only had one bathroom and constantly had to move it out of the way.

Safety
love that it's soft for the tumbles

There's some ridges, etc that can be difficult to get to, but for the most part easy to clean.