Other Baby Tubs & Seats:

The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

This is a Great (and Safe) Tub For That Growing Baby!

After using the [Summer Infant Baby Bather][1]  for we had to move up in size when our baby got to six months and was too big for the first one.  We were gifted one of these **Sure Comfort Deluxe tubs**, which can be used for both newborns and toddlers.  Our daughter took to the new tub right away, and with the added freedom and space of this new tub also came the fun she now has with bath time.  It isn't so much a chore anymore as a time to bond between us and the baby, and this is a great tool to have on hand during that process.

This is another very affordable bathtub to have around the house, but it isn't quite as baby safe as the Summer Infant Bather.  The reason for that, is that when you move to a real tub such as this one, your baby is already more energetic and mobile, making bath time a process where the parent has to be even more vigilant about what the baby is doing.  As long as you place the baby in the tub correctly, they are going to be perfectly safe, just make sure to always read the instructions first so that you know you are on the right page.  Using this tub exactly as directed, you are going to end up with some great results from this **Sure Comfort Deluxe Tub**.

The bath cradle holds your baby in place, and is contoured to give them a good back rest in the tub.  There are separate sides for the toddler and infant, and both sides are constructed so that it doesn't take a lot of effort from the parent to wash your baby.  With the baby in one side, it means you can also place the shampoo or wash cloth on the other side while you are washing them.  The tub fits nicely in the bottom of our real bathtub, and holds the warm water in while you are using it.  At the bottom of the tub there is a hole with a stopped so you can let the water our when you are done.  Cleaning up this tub is also a snap with just a simple wipe-down.  We enjoy using this tub, and recommend it to any parents looking to enjoy bath time with their young toddlers.

**Other Bath Time Products:**

[S.C. Shampoo Rinse Cup][2]

[Johnson Head-to-Toe Baby Wash][3]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Summer-Infant-Baby-Bather-review-ce933
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/S-C-Products-Shampoo-Rinse-Cup-review-34ac
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Johnson-Johnson-Head-to-Toe-Baby-Wash-review-fdbe0

The First Years tub is good for the first few months

The First Year's Sure Comfort Newborn to Toddler tub With Sling is great . . . for newborns and infants, but not toddlers. Our son outgrew this tub by 7 months. By then, his feet were hanging over the sides. But let me start with the positives. As first time parents, we were happy to receive this tub at our Baby Shower. The sling made it extra easy and cradled our newborn son, so we could bathe him without much worry. I also liked that the tub fit in our double sink. Once he no longer needed the sling, we moved The First Year's tub to our bathroom tub and bathed him in there. Once he could sit up with support, we turned the tub around and used the toddler side. The design of the tub was good enough to keep him in place. I also like the mildrew-resistant pads. This helped keep the tub clean between baths. Unfortunately, the tub only lasted us 7 months. Our son is rather tall for his age and we didn't feel it safe to continue keeping him in the tub. Plus, he wasn't comfortable. So we looked for a transitions tub since he was still too small to put in the big tub on his own and that is what we bought and are using now. Would I recommend The First Year's Sure Comfort Newborn to Toddler tub? Sure, but I would advise parents that it mostly likely won't last your child until toddlerhood and be prepared to purchase a transitions tub.

A great product for infants.

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling:

I often babysit my youngest nephew and I was nervous about bathing him without a baby tub for safety reasons. I have always hated the old style baby tubs that has you sitting the baby on the foam. I do not think those type are all that sanitary because the foam holds in germs unless you bleach it, and then you have your baby touching those chemicals. I bought this model solely for the sling in it. The baby can lay in it and the water pools beneath them so their skin isn't touching whatever germs might be beneath them. There is an indicator plug that came with it to tell you if the water is too hot or cold which is a novelty and cute. Honestly if you cannot tell my running your forearm under the water if it is too hot or cold, you do not need to be bathing a helpless infant. However, it is nice to know that the company cares enough to help even the most clueless of people how to safely bathe a child.

Versatility
I love the fact it is small enough to sit in my sink. A lot of the baby tubs are so big you have to put them in the bathtub and honestly after awhile that hurts my back. With this tub I can bathe my nephew in the sink without straining my back.

So far it has been very durable.

This product has made my life so much easier! I wish they had baby bath tubs with as many features as this when my kids were babies.

Safety
This product helps to prevent the baby falling because they are secure in their tub.

A lot easier to clean then the kind with the foam bottoms.

• Safety:

best newborn to toddler tub ever

As a first time mother I would have to say I am very pleased with picking the Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling. This bath tub makes bath time more relaxing for the baby and you. There are adjustable straps that help keep your baby in place comfortably, and allows you to use both hands to wash your child. The size ranges from infant to toddler. Also the tub comes with pads to not only make it comfortable for the child but to keep the child from sliding. Lastly, the tub comes with an easy drain plug at the bottom of the tub. That way you can drain the water and give your child one more rince. It also makes it a lot easier to clean the tub when finished. Instead of having to tip the tub over and possibly get water every where, you can simply unplug the drain and wash it. For such an easy to use product I was shocked when I seen how low the product was. The product last for two years and saves you from having to spend more money.

Nice tub that lasts

from Carteret, NJ

I got this tub for a shower gift with my first child 6 years ago. It has been wonderful. I am now using it for my third child and it still looks like new. I've since gotten a few for friends and family for gifts.
Extremely durable and functional
I am able to fit it with my kitchen sink and bathe my daughter easily. I like that it has a little spot for my washrag so that it doesn't stay in the water.
It comes with a built in temp gage, making it easy to know if you have the right temp water.
It is large enough to accommodate a child into his/her first year though they don't really want to stay in it that long.
It drains fast so that you can add new water fast.
The one big negative I have with this tub is that it's hard to store. It is large and in one big plastic piece. Even if you have a closet to store it in it takes up a lot of space.
It is for the most part easy to clean. Getting at the foot holes is a toughie but it usually doesn't need a big scrub.

Nice little tub

This is a nice little baby bath tub. It has a removable newborn insert for smaller babies that worked wonderfully for my daughter before she was big enough to sit in it without the sling. It has little compartments to store baby bath items as well which is very convienient. It drains easily when bath time is over and my daughter always seemed very comfortable in it when we used it. It's a quality tub that isn't going to cost you a fortune which is great for new parents or ones on a budget as well. We loved this tub and never had any problems with it, and it has now lasted through three babies! Very durable!

Wonderful product

Why didn't they have this when my children were babies? While looking for an infant tub for my grandson, I came across the First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling. It was priced well, and I especially liked that it comes with an adjustable sling. Newborns are very hard to hold upright properly while trying to bath them. In traditional baby baths, a person would need three hands. One to keep baby from leaning one way or another and possibly sliding into the water, and two to actually bathe the baby. This sling is so useful, it supports baby, making it much easier to bathe your baby. The only draw back is that although it is very supportive, the sling is above the water, and the baby can get a chill after becoming wet, because he's not actually in the water which should keep him warm. I recommend bathing your baby quickly, and getting him out before he gets cold. I wish that this product was around when my children were babies. However, I'm glad that it's here now, because I've really enjoyed using it with my grandson.

• Safety:

This is the new generation of baby bath tubs!

from Greenwell Springs, LA

One of my daughters just had a new baby girl this past year and I have had to familiarize myself with the new generation of baby products. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling was one of the products she registered for and received at her baby shower.

The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling comes in blue for boys and pink for girls. It comes with a detachable sling that can be removed when your baby gets older.

This tub has an organizer section for baby washes, towels, etc. that comes in handy when bathing your baby. Everything is right there at your fingertips.

The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling has a special plug for draining out the water when finished bathing. It also serves another function by alerting parents that the water is too hot.

Babies receive support from the backrest, which makes bathing babies easier on mom. This tub is designed to fit inside a single or double size sink. You can also set the tub on top of a table is desired. This was the method my daughter used for her first baby. She used it as soon as the baby came home from the hospital and is still using it now while my granddaughter is six months old.

Versatility
The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling can be used with the sling for newborns and adjust the sling as babies grow. The sling can also be removed when babies get several months older and can lay in the tub without additional support.

This bath tub is made from a durable plastic material that is easy to maintain and clean. Just wash with soapy water and rag, rinse and dry.

Bathing babies in the The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling makes a chore much easier on the parents. This tub provides support for newborns with the sling and allows for a quick bath for baby.

It has a nice section at the bottom of the tub to hold baby wash and other supplies.

Safety
Babies should never be unattended in a tub. Even though you don't have a baby sitting down in the water, this tub could cause a safety hazard by baby falling out if left unattended. A strap could be added to help hold baby in.

The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling is easy to clean. Just wash with your baby wash, rinse and dry before storing.

Work great for infants

from Elizabeth, NJ

This tub has worked very well for us. The sling was perfect for when my baby was a newborn and really could not support herself at all. As she got better head control (around 2 months) we stopped using the sling and put her in the main tub and she absolutely loved it. She had enough support and since the head was padded we were not as worried about sudden movements (though she still needed minimal support to prevent her from sliding down or to the side). She loved splashing in it. It also fits perfectly over our kitchen sink which makes it easy for me to bathe her without having to bend down. I also like the plus that makes it easy to drain the tub when we are done. The one thing I am very disappointed with though is that there is no way my daughter will be able to use this when she is a toddler. They should not call it a toddler tub as there is no way that any toddler will fit in this. My daughter is only 4 months and has basically outgrown it (she is not a big kid- 25% for weight) she barely has any room to splash in it now.

Not Good For ANY Age!

The only portion that was semi helpful was the sling and compartment. The plastic is slippery so the baby's little bottoms just don't stay put. The angle of the separation also makes it impossible for the baby to sit up. Unless your baby has a bottom like a rock it will just float up to the top. I eventually just bought a cheap inflatable since I was going to have to hold him pretty much the entire time anyway.

The First Years Newborn To Toddler Tub With Sling is a great tub

from Dublin, OH

I have been using this tub for over 6 months now, and I am very happy with it overall. When my baby was a newborn, we used the sling for bath-time, and this really helped with keeping her in the tub securely. I like the fact that the sling's height can be adjusted, because my baby was on the larger side and needed to be submerged further into the water. Once she got to be about 2 months old, we took the sling out and started bathing her on the newborn side. It has a good slope to it and for the most part, the hump in the middle kept her from sliding down. When she turned 4 months old and started to become more active, we found that she was constantly sliding over the hump, and we'd have to catch her from sliding into the water. I'm not sure if this is a problem with all baby tubs or not, but it's definitely a problem with this one. We tried moving her to the toddler side (has a straight back to it), but the same problem is happening. Our baby is still not able to sit up well, so she is too young to go without a baby tub of some sort. Not sure we'll be able to use this one anymore though.

Great Newborn to Toddler Tub

from Omaha, NE

my daughter uses this tub and she loves it. it has easy storage and i like that it has a compartment on it where i can put her shampoo and bodywash so that i don't have to worry about her getting hurt while i grab her shampoo and bodywash. i also put a washcloth in there at the same time. its big enough for her and she loves it.here tub is pink. it worked great for when she was a newborn also. the sling kept her safe and secured while i washed her. i would definately recommend this product to any new mom.