View more baby tubs seats

2.2
Other Baby Tubs & Seats:
Safety 1st
Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub

Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub

2.2

Works Great, Had this for almost 3 years and used on 2 boys

This is the perfect tub for our house. We used this for our first child from a newborn and up and never had any problems. Once he was big enough we were able to break it down and it stored easily in the cabinet. We have now gotten it back out and are using it for our second child. I love that it works in a seated position and for an infant laying down in the sling.

I did find it a little difficult to clean down in all the cracks until I started using our steamer and that works like a charm.I never had any problems with it leaking you just need too push down hard and make sure it snaps.

An okay purchase but not needed and tough to store.

We used the Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub with our first child.  At first it was great, we were able to easily bathe our son without him sliding around too much.  When he grew older and was sitting up unassisted we hooked it to the side of the bath tub where he could sit in it easily while we bathed him.

There were no major problems with this baby bath tub and if you're convinced you need a baby tub than this would be a good one.  However, thinking through it with our second child we never used this tub.  After your done using it you have to have a place to dump the water and then dry it and store it. If you use it in the tub you have a rather bulky arm connecting it to the bathtub and then you have to have a place to store the baby tub when not in use. It takes up much of a standard bathtub and leaving it in there would leave little room to shower.  Using it as in the large bathtub as a bath chair maybe a little easier at first but it is pretty inconvenient to try to wash your child in it.After two children, I would reccomend a sink or small basin for a babies bath until they can hold themselves up until and save yourself the hassle of having another baby thing around.

Leaky and inconvenient with a few nice features.

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

I boguht this tub beacuse I wanted a large, basic tub. I quickly liked the sling that I could use to lay my boys in while in the tub. My boys love to kick and splash in the tub. However, the tub leaks like crazy! It is supposed to be collapsable, but it only gets a few inches shorted when collapsed. The seal has been redesigned by the manufacturer, but when I called because the tub leaked all over the place, I was told the tub cannot be moved with water in it. At the time I used the tub on my counter and had to fill it in the large tub and move it. So, I returned the tub and am much happier with another product.

Very useful tub

from Broussard, LA

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

I received this tub as a shower gift.  Originally, I used just the sponge and then used the tub with the sling in it once the baby was about 2 months old.  My daughter is now 8 months and still uses the tub.  She doesn't need the sling any more, but I still find the smaller tub convenient for her to bath in.  I keep the tub in my regular tub since I find the regular tub just too big for her now.  The tub does collapse for storage which helps some, but it is still quite bulky.  The tub did leak once of twice after adjusting it from the collapsed position, but I think we had just not clicked it completely open.  A couple of minor adjustments corrected this.

went and purchased another tub

from Blackshear, GA

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

This was one of my have to haves with my first ha big mistake i hated this thing you couldnt put it in the kitchen sink it leaked and was just a waste of our money!!! I only used it once before I realized that i didn't like it one of my friends asked for this for her shower and I wasn't going to waste my money on this I know she thought she wanted it but so did I and I regret lots of things I bought with my first son but hope by me posting reviews someone else will save their money and space and just go for another tub on the tub isle.

The Safety 1st bath tub gets the job done at an affordable price

from Wheeling, IL

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

We registered for the Safety 1st bathtub back when I was pregnant with our 1st (who is now 6 1/2) and have used it for 2 more since then. It may not be the fanciest bath tub out there, but it gets the job done and is certainly durable! After almost 7 years of use, it still looks almost exactly the same as when we first got it. Since 2004, they've come out with bath tubs that have sprayers, connected hoses and attachments, softer cushioning, etc. Those things would have been nice, but truthfully, used for only a limited time. For the price, this is definitely the best value out there. It transitions between developmental stages of your baby's growth well and we have never felt that our baby was not safe while taking a bath in this tub. Recommend for the cost-conscious/value-conscious parent!

This infant bathtub is great!

from Springboro, OH

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

I am a first time mom, and I did not know much about infant bathtubs.  (I had never even given an infant a bath before!!!)  I read many reviews when choosing a bathtub for my baby registry.  My husband and I liked this one the best, and we have been so happy with it.  Our son is 5 months old now, and he is just starting to outgrow the bathtub cradle.  What's nice about this bathtub set is that it comes with a large frog sponge to lay newborn infants on and then the cradle for when they are bigger.  It also comes with a very handy cup that you use to rinse the shampoo from the baby's hair.  We have never had any problems with leaks or the tub not draining completely.  It is a rather large tub, which makes it hard to store when you are not using it.  However, I would still recommend this to any parent.  It is easy to use, affordable, sturdy, and you can use it for awhile as your baby grows.

Leaks

from Mount Joy, PA

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

I was not very pleased with the quality of this tub. Ours leaked, rather quickly too. Our daughter hated the bathtub to begin with so then as the water leaked out she would get more and more cold, not to mention the mess of the water leaking out. We would have to put it in to our big bathtub as that was the only way to deal with the leaking. But then putting it in our tub just made it awkward and hard to get to. We ended up giving up and I would just get into the big bathtub with her and hold her. This was just so much easier. The other issue with this bath tub was where to store it. It takes up a lot of space and even though you can make it a little smaller, it still is hard to find anywhere convenient to put it. It did come with a large "sponge" to put underneath baby to keep them from slipping which was nice. It also came with a washcloth but the quality of it was not that great. Overall, I would say not worth the money, use the bathroom sink. Its easier and much more economical!

Wouldn't buy this for a friend

from Glen Allen, VA

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

I got this tub as a baby shower gift.  We used the sponge when our baby was a newborn.....then used the sling until he could keep his head up by himself.  Now that he's 8 months old now, we've only used the actual bathtub part maybe 5 times.  It just seemed incredibly uncomfortable for him.  H has bumped his head on the side of the tub a couple of times and it is hard plastic.  I didn't really like that.  We opted for the duck bathtub made by Munchkin.  He LOVES that tub so much better.

way too small!!

from Glenshaw, PA

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

We bought this tub when my daughter was born and were so highly disappointed. Although it does indeed fold up it doesn't easily stay open. It often took multiple attempts from different people to keep the tub open. After just a few months (maybe 4) we had to go out and buy a different tub as the tub was just way too small for our child. I know she is on the larger side for babies but its not like she was off the charts or anything. We ended up giving this tub to a friend of ours who had it our their registry but we gave them many warnings before giving it to them. We were much happier with our second tub which didn't fold and was much roomier. I would not reccomend this tub to anyone as its bulkiness does not make it any easier to store, it will leak on you, it is difficult to open and use, and you may  just have to buy a whole different tub when your child gets a little bigger. Think twice before purchasing this tub.

I can't believe they still sell this tub - it's awful!

from Aurora, IL

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

I can’t believe they still are selling this bath tub. It tried over and over again and I couldn’t get the tub to snap into locked position which would keep the water from leaking. My husband tried and tried and eventually got it. Once it snapped into place it still leaked. Also you don’t want to unsnap it to put it into storage - - just leave it snapped together. The tub also comes with a reclining baby insert sling. The insert doesn’t latch into anything so it wiggles dangerously around in the bathtub. Also the lock area is in the center of the tub and sticks up making it (I’m sure) uncomfortable to be sitting over. The few features that I did enjoy about this entire bath tub had nothing to do with the bath tub itself. I enjoyed the froggy sponge insert that you can use with newborns before they are old enough to be placed in the tub. I found the sponge very useful and kept a squirmy baby from sliding around. I also thought the pitcher was a nice touch too. But don’t be fooled by this bath tub….I read the reviews first and thought I could master the locking aspect but I was wrong. Even after locking it still leaked.

Helpful in bathing a baby and convenient.

from Layton, UT

Comments about Safety 1st Convertible Complete Care Bath Tub:

This is a pretty good bathtub for bathing an infant.  It is relatively a decent price.  It is light in weight.  However, it is a little difficult to clean in some of the difficult to get to areas, and because of that it kind of bothered me that bacteria may be growing in those areas and I couldn't get to them.  (They are difficult to get to because the bathtub collapses in on itself, which makes it hard to reach some areas unless you dismantle the two big pieces.)  It was nice to be able to have this bathtub, which made it easy to reach the infant (and you aren't having to reach over a regular bathtub, which can be awkward and hard on ones back).  The various pieces on the bathtub are very durable and it had a nice plug to drain the bathtub (but after it drains through the plug, I'd have to turn it upside down to allow it to dry completely...but that is pretty easy).  It is also nice that it collapses in so it doesn't take up so much space when you are done using it.