3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

surprised at such a difference over a "cheaper" iron

When the new lighter irons were introduced 25 - 30 years ago I bought one.  Used it for years and never realized how much longer I was spending ironing each article of clothing until I bought a Rowenta iron.  Even though I was spending more than I thought necessary for an iron, the department store was demonstrating Rowentas.  I was impressed as it looked as though the time to iron a blouse was shortened.  Sure enough as I ironed at home I noticed quite an improvement in using a Rowenta.  Shorter amount of time is needed to get excellent results.  The amount of steam you want to "emit" both vertically and horizontally is adjustable.

Buying a Rowenta iron is an investment; I truly believe this iron will last me for years and years and will be "passed" on to my daughter. It is definitely a quality product.

I am not a big fan of this iron

I decided to switch from my normal brand of irons and try the Rowenta Professional. I purchased the Rowenta Professional iron about 2 years ago thinking that it would be a good investment. I have since changed my mine about this product. I don't know if I am the only one that this happens to, but almost everytime I iron anything white, brown water leaks out of the iron all over my white clothes. Needless to say this does not make me a happy camper. Normally I only purchase Black and Decker irons and after my experience with the Rowenta, I have since gone back to only purchasing Black and Decker irons.

Pretty good iron, but heavy

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

This is a pretty good iron overall, it is heavy though.

Very good steam flow from this iron, it really speeds up that rate at which you can iron cotton table cloths. It also gets pretty hot, probably one of the hottest domestic irons I have used.

Safety
Pretty safe iron except that one we had at the inn smelled like burning electrical stuff when it died. I don't know how dangerous that is since it's mostly plastic on the outside, but it's kind of unnerving.

The self-cleaner is quite good, because it has good steam flow it's pretty easy as irons go to clean it out with some vinegar an just let the steam bleed.

Easy to use except for the weight, which is considerable if you are doing large amounts of ironing at one time. I definitely noticed my wrist was not used to doing that much lifting but I got used to it.

In general domestic use I expect this iron would last a long time, at the inn, we pretty much burned it out with way too much usage on the highest setting doing dining room linens.

Good design, very sturdy build.

must-have iron!!

from Alabama

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

I absolutely love the Rowenta Professional Steam Iron! My friend bought this Rowenta iron for me recently, and it is the best-working iron I have ever used! It is a high-grade, professional quality steam iron, and I have no complaints about it at all. As an employee of a business profession, I have many articles of clothing that need to be ironed regularly. This Rowenta Professional Steam Iron is the perfect answer to my problem, because the the quality of this steam iron leaves my button-up work shirts looking fresh and wrinkle-free! I have never had a problem with my using this iron on any of my more delicate clothes, which is also a huge advantage. This Rowenta steam iron is also very durable, considering I have owned it for a little over a year and it still works just as well as it did when it first came out of its box. Even though it will be quite an investment, I definitely would recommend this Rowenta steam iron to anyone who needs an iron that does its job well!

Leaks, Leaks, Leaks

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

I agree completely with StephenSynergy's review of 8/9/11. I purchased a Rowenta DW8080 Nov 2010 as a step-up. I iron frequently; most of my clothing & spouse's shirts get ironed. At first this iron was terrific; steam beyond belief & quick to heat up. Then it started leaking. I phoned customer service. Rowenta has fantastic customer service. After several phone calls they replaced my iron. And this one started leaking even sooner. They replaced it again. Guess what--yup, it leaked. It was not possible to iron more than a few pieces before my ironing board cover and pad were wet.

So, they offered me a step-up replacement of the Rowenta Eco Intelligence Iron, DW6080. I really dislike this iron. It has two levels of steam and the control likes to slip back to dry setting. The high level of steam is only attainable by holding the steam lever while ironing (Eco-Burst), which is annoying to say the least. Cleaning this iron is very awkward, and I'm never sure it has been done correctly. I'm constantly referring back to the instructions, as well as cleaning the iron 2-3 times consecutively.

But the big kicker--IT LEAKS. I just ironed two shirts with the iron leaking before I finished the first shirt. Plus, I'm constantly waiting for the red "heating" light to cycle so I can continue ironing.

Yes, again, fantastic customer service. However, I'm tired of the send it back and get another leaky iron routine. I won't be purchasing any more Rowenta irons.

Looks good, but awkward to clean. To quote Mies Van Der Rohe: Form follows function.

long lasting investment

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

I puffy heart this iron. It has a good weight to it, therefore I don't need to add pressure while I iron clothes. I like that it can steam my husband suits too. it's even delicate on silk. Great purchase! I gave my mom one and she loves it as well. It glides on so easily.

Rowenta Professional Steam Iron

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

This Rowenta iron really works! It's very intuitive to use, it's very heavy, just a warning, but it does get wrinkles out! I've had mine for a couple of years, and have been very happy with it. It's good if you use an iron quite a bit. This is no lightwight "Toy", it's the real thing! It's made in Germany, very solid and seems well made and as if it will last for many years, which is what I'm hoping for.

I have loved this iron since gettng it about 2 years ago, it's like the "queen" of irons, as far as I'm concerned. It's heavy, it's a good iron to have if you iron a lot. Not for causal users, but if you iron lots, this is the iron to have. It heats up fast, it has a great "spray" feature., and it's heavy enough that you won't forget you have it on and burn your clothing.... this iron is made in Germany, I think it seems very well made and solid.

Safety
This iron is safe to use, it's very heavy, the cord isn't too long, and it's got a good warrantee.

Simple to clean, the interior you just add fresh water every so often, turm it on, and voila!, you have a clean iron! The exteriior wipes clean with baby wipes, etc. it's easy to clesn.

this Rowenta iron is easy to use, it's very heavy, so it presses clothing quickly, and it doesn't seem to burn stuff like other irons I've used prior to this one. It's very straightfoward to use. Everything is self explanatory....

I've had it for 2 years so far, it's worked like a champ, hopefully I'll have it for many more years! It seems extremely well made, it's heavy, solid, works great, just a solid iron!

I don't know that much about iron design, but this one seems well made and well designed. It's intuitive to use. Just a simple iron, that works very well.

• Safety:

Good iron... while it last

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

After a while, this iron started leaking. I'm not quite sure from where but after about 4 years, this iron leaked from the bottom after I put water in past a certain point. It doesn't leak all the time though so I'm not quite sure where the breaking point it. I must admit, I don't take great care of it but the iron my mother had for 20 years last longer than this iron and she didn't use distilled water or empty it when complete!

Very good iron

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

Very good iron. has many settings for different material. Also the steam is very powerful on this iron.

take wrinkle off of just about any material

Safety
like with any iron becareful with kids getting near it. Its very hot

has to be scaled with vinegar about every 6 months or else it will start leaking water or staining clothes with the stuff that hard water leaves behind

glides over clothes smooth, and buttons are self-explanitory

lasted my about 3 year before i thought it was time to replace it.

I like the lavender on the iron. the desing makes it easy to iron the hard to reach part of clothes

• Safety:

Almost a very good iron.

from Madison, WI

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

I iron a lot of clothes and I've used several kinds of irons. This iron beats a lot of them. The last iron I had burned my husband's clothes more than once and he was not happy with that and neither was I. This iron has yet to burn any clothes, just a few of my husband's fingers due to his own clumsiness.

It heats up really fast when compared to my last iron. I usually plug it in, run it across the short side of the ironing board three times and it's good to go.

I did have a slight problem when I first started using it. I noticed little white powdery stuff on my husband's clothes. I realized that it came from the iron. I am not sure how it happens but when I checked underneath the iron there was white residue underneath it by the holes. I can only assume that it's a result of dried up water. The white powder doesn't stick to the clothes and can easily be brushed off. It was just annoying to see it on clean clothes. It made me feel like the clothes were dirty again.

• Safety:

Quality iron with solid performance

from Winnetka, IL

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

This iron works very well. It is light, easy to use, and effective. It has a plate on the bottom that heats up quickly and does not get clogged. Nor does it get debris stuck to it easily. It has a number of desired settings. Steams well. Overall, I am pleased with my purchase.

horrible

Comments about Rowenta Irons Professional Steam Irons:

This iron is horrible. I bought a Rowenta thinking I would get a great iron. After about a year it started leaking and shutting off. what a joke! I am going back to a cheaper iron, one that doesn't leak rusty water on clothes and leave puddles of water when you sit it up.