Other Irons:

Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

This Rowenta Iron is the best.

I have owned other cheaper irons before and I can say I really think the quality of the Rowenta explains its high price. This iron is very good and makes my job very painless and cuts my ironing time at least half. The steam is powerful but yet it doesn't damage my clothes as long as you follow the temperature guidelines. I really like the look of the iron because it is very well made and looks very modern and expensive but most importantly it does its job well. It irons out every little tiny crease on husband's shirts especially near the collars, button areas and the sleeves whereas those places are the hardest to iron. I never have to iron a spot for too long because it takes out the wrinkles in a snap. I really like my Rowenta iron and they do stand by their quality.

Loser!

The iron lasted 4 months before it began steaming above the sole plate and causing burns. It dripped through every orifice often staining clothes. It was not damaged in anyway and the use directions were followed to the letter. The only avenue for a return was for repair and that required shipping it to Germany which constituted no return at all!

When it worked it worked very well. It is well balanced and cool to the touch until it starts to leak.

Safety
I have steam burns from when the steam was miss directed.

Please note the return policy on this iron. For the price this should last a lifetime and it didn't make it for 4 months. It was not dropped or damaged in any way and the directions were followed to the letter. You must return it to Germany! Let's just say there is no return policy!

The design should include durability.

Awesome Product Worth the Price

from Santa Clarita, CA

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Home

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Before receiving the Rowenta Iron I was using a basic iron I got when I had just moved out of my parents house. The Rowenta is leaps and bounds better than anything else I have tried. It was simple to use and my clothes looked perfectly pressed after using it. I love the steam feature as that helped me keep my husbands work clothes nice without having to send them out. I also was able to steam formal dresses for myself. My kids school uniforms are so much easier to keep nice with the Rowenta. I can not imagine not having this iron.

You Will Be Happy

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Before buying this awesome iron, I had assumed all irons were the same. No, my friend, they are not. What I found to be the most amazing feature of the Rowenta DW9080 Iron with Auto Shut-off is the automatic shut off feature. As a busy mom or busy dad, small features like this makes a huge difference. I tend to sit the iron down and try to really quickly tend to the kids but then you forget that you've managed to leave the iron on, well with this really safe feature, you're covered and safe! On top of this feature, the Rowenta DW9080 Iron with Auto Shut-off heats up very quickly. It won't take seven or eight minutes to heat up and even better, it cools off just as quickly. This way, you save a lot of time when ironing everyone's clothes. It's also great for ironing heavy duty thick items like blankets, winter coats and jackets and even certain thick upholstery pieces. This is one iron that is well worth the money spent.

Loser!

Safety
    I have steam burns from when the steam was miss directed.

The design should include durability.

Makes a Chore a Bit Easier

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I really hate housework of all kinds, and the one thing I am the absolute coolest to is the ironing. I never can seem to get the clothes to look the way my mother could with an iron--she is kind of an artist in that regard--and it seems like a lot of work for very little result, especially with the sloppy look that seems to be in nowadays. The Rowenta does provide an bit of an improvement in my pressing and creasing. It looks sharp, and the steam is released just the way I like it with a clever push button. I also feel like I am using a high tech tool instead of a millstone to drudgery.

Maybe I should give it five stars, but irons tend to be alike in performance.

Safety
    The house hasn't burned down yet. Has auto shut-off, too.

Just don't use hard water! Easy to wipe clean.

Fill it and go, just like a car.

It does have some small internal parts that may prove to be its Achilles heel.

This really isn't bad looking for a clunky wedge.

• Safety:

Investment piece, you'll thank yourself for buying this!

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

After being fed up with leaky, sticky irons, I decided to splurge on a "good" iron. So worth it! This is one of those rare products that you wish you had found out about a long time ago. It's sturdy, it's heavy, it has steam holes right up to the very edges of the iron, as well as a sharp "nose" that lets you get between button holes. This will cut down on your housework and ironing time, I promise!

Best iron I've ever used, hands down.

Safety
    Auto-shutoff is made for people like me.

This is a dream. I'm actually embarrassed to admit that it makes ironing pleasurable.

No more leaks, nice and heavy.

I love that this gets into all the little nooks of the clothes, but honestly, the steam pressure is so good that I sometimes just give one more blast of steam with the clothes on the hanger--does the trick!

• Safety:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Forced steam by the push of a button workd great to get rid of wrinkles and creases easily. It is bigger than most irons but makes for speedy and effecient ironing. The display indicates in words so you easily know what fabric setting you have it on.

Forced steam button and bigger than average deisgn makes ironing easy and effecient. It tells you in words, such as cotton or linen, so you are certain that the iron is at the right heat setting for the fabric you are ironing.

Safety
    A wonderful safety feature is the Auto shut off button blinks and does not go off until the iron is unplugged from the outlet.

It is important to keep the water chamber empty when not using.

It is very easy to add water to the iron before each use. The water container has a thin water spout that you can pour water into. The hardest part is making sure that the correct type of water is used. Bottled Spring Water is best is recomended. Distilled water and filtered water is not recommended and may harm the iron. It may be necessary to buy some water specifically for use in your iron. Using the wrong water may casue damage to the iron.

Assuming that you use the correct water, because the iron is heavier than most it feels substantial and if properly cared for, for example, using the correct water and draining the water containment when not in use, this iron is durable enough to last for many years.

Larger design, automatic turn off, forced steam air, autmoatic fabric heat settings make this iron top of the line for the user and results achieved in ironong results.

Awesome!

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I've been using this iron for years. It smooths the wrinkles in my dress shirts and dress pants. I believe ironing is a very essential chore for professional men and women, so if you were to pick an iron at the store, I'd choose Rowenta for its ease of use. Also, I think it's a German brand.

Amazing product

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Amazing product. Well worth the money. Great investment. I love how the iron is heavier than others, therefore notneeding to use force to make creases in the clothes. I absolutly recomment this iron! I gifted several of these already. My mom especially LOVES is too.

Worth the money paid

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I have been owning this iron for almost 2 months now and I would say that this is the best iron that I have ever used. Love this. The design is great. I iron all my silk sarees with this and I have never had any burns in the saree (even though the fabric is very delicate to iron).

Good but expensive

Comments about Rowenta Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Really great iron here. Sort of expensive thought but never overheats to the point of shorting out and really provides even heat for your clothes. Has a great design and easy pour spout for water. Highly recommended make it the one and only iron you'll ever need!