4.1
DX-8800
Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off

Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off

4.1

Feel the benefits of having a high-quality iron

First let me say that yes, its heavier than cheaper irons but I think this actually helps 'press' out the wrinkles and pushing it back and forth isnt an issue for me with the weight - and I am not bench pressing it. However, if you need a light iron because you have minimal hand strength this would not be a good choice. It holds a boat-load of water so you aren't filling it all the time. I just LOVE that. You can vary the steam and there is an auto-clean feature using the steam. This iron shuts off automatically under three different circumstances: after eight minutes of standing vertically without use, and after 30 seconds if left flat on the soleplate or if it has toppled over on its side. I have knocked this iron off the ironing board  on several occasion's and it still runs like new. Rowenta is a very good quality name and a long standing company known for great irons. I would strongly recommend this iron to anyone.

I'll never buy a Rowenta again!

First let me say that I purchase my Rowenta iron in order to replace my old iron.  My husband did pretty extensive research into the different reviews of irons and we both finally settled on this iron which I purchased at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  For approximately the first month, I really liked this iron, however, after that it starts leaking water everywhere!  Due to it being so expensive I feel like I need to keep using this iron, but I'd really love to go back to my old one!  I don't know if I just got a "dud", but I'm really disappointed in how the iron leaks water all over all of my clothes.  Other than the leaking, the iron does a good job of the actual ironing, but when the water leaks out (which is approximately every 2-3 minutes), I have to re-wash the clothing to get the water spot out!  Once I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of it, I'll be more than happy to find a different brand of iron!

Good...while it lasts.

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I have owned a DX8800 model Rowenta iron for 5 years, until it finally gave up the ghost and started to have issues with producing heat. While it lasted, it was fairly solid, and glided across clothes with ease. Beware of models no longer made in Germany...Some of the more recent irons are coming out of China, which may not be as reliable.

• Safety:

I would not buy

from Alpharetta, GA

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

After less than 2 years, and very little use, this iron started spitting dark spots on my dark clothes (iron deposits I was told) and then it started leaking. I called Rowenta and was told this is a high maintenance iron. Who wants that?

I should be one of their salesperson

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

The Rowenta DX8800 Professional Iron with Auto Shut-off is another one of my home appliance gems that I can not live without. I have recommended so many Rowenta irons to friends and family that I should be one of their paid spokespersons. What do I like about this iron? Everything. First, it is sturdy! You have no idea how much money I have thrown out the window because of broken irons that either broke after falling off the ironing board or stopped working altogether. The Rowenta is built tough but it is not at all heavy. It has great steam features, water sprayer, and several fabric settings that take the guesswork out of figuring the right setting for delicate fabrics. The bottom base of the iron is easy to clean and never retains any nasty film. Who knew ironing could be so fun.

Rowenta is the only brand for me!

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

My husband and I received this Rowenta DX8800 iron as a wedding gift 3 years ago. I have never enjoyed ironing and I seemed to always struggle getting the wrinkles out of our clothes...until I started using this Rowenta DX8800 iron. Oh, it is fabulous! I won't go so far as to say that I enjoy ironing now, but this thing gets the job done quickly and efficiently. I love that it has an automatic shut off--what a great quality for someone as forgetful as me. I used to accidentally leave our old iron on quite frequently, now I can leave home and not worry about whether or not I turned it off because I know it will automatically shut off after a certain amount of time of inactivity. This iron is extremely durable and I have recommended it to all of my friends. Rowenta is the only brand for me!!

Rowenta is the only iron we'll ever own.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

We received our Rowenta professional iron as a wedding gift 5 years ago. It's the only iron we've owned and will never own anything else ever again! My husband does all the ironing (how lucky can a girl be?!). He wears dress shirts and pants to work every day so our iron has been heavily used. It is still good as new. It irons very nicely. We love the heat settings and the steam option. The water cup that comes with the iron is very handy too. The iron heats up very quickly. I especially like the auto shut off option because my husband tends to walk away and forgets to turn it off.

Although Rowenta comes with a high price tag, it's definitely worth the cost and it will save you money in the long run.

Safety
Love the auto shut off!

• Safety:

Rowenta DX8800 Iron Is Okay.

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

Well, I don't know how to start this review actually. There's a ton to say about this iron. First, it looks great. It's quite stylish. But, it is a little large and clunky, which I'm used to, so it's okay. Also, it takes care of all my wrinkles in my clothes. One sweep over my favorite shirt and it looked beautiful. I'm only disappointed with the auto shut off. I don't understand it...any help? It doesn't automatically shut off for me. I'm guessing that there is something wrong with it because everyone else's seems to be working just perfectly. Other than this little slip-up, I love the iron. While it hasn't been my favorite in my lifetime, it's fantastic and it gets the job done, which is all I'm looking for.

Rowenta DX8800 Iron with auto shutoff

from Ooltewah, TN

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

My mother always swore by her rowenta iron and so I decided to follow her advice and purchase this one. Its far better than any iron I've previously owned and I don't see myself needing a new one anytime soon. It makes the ironing a lot less of a chore. I haven't had any problems with it at all so far. I've found it fairly easy to clean. The temp control and settings have been acccurate and I haven't had any accidents with burning of melting fabrics which I have in the past. It is heavier than a normal iron but I don't mind that. I would definitely recommend rowenta irons to others, they may be a little more expensive but its worth it in my opinion because they will last a long time and make ironing a little easier.

Rowenta Irons are the best

from Elko, NV

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I bought this Rowenta iron after trying several different kinds and brands of irons. I am so pleased with my purchase and recommend this iron all the time. For someone who doesn't really like to iron to recommend an iron really means something. I do have a large family and so I do have quite a lot of ironing that needs to be done. I used to put it off and the pile would grow and grow until it was overwhelming. Now, because of this iron I can say that I look forward to ironing. This iron is light and easy to use and really does get the wrinkles out with a lot less effort. It is very sturdy and I'm sure that it will last for a long time. I fill the water reservoir up at the start of my job and it lasts until I am finished unless I have an extra lot to iron. If I do have to fill it up again I can do so without a mess. I really like the fact that the iron will automatically shut off in case I happen to leave the room and forget to shut it off myself. I highly recommend this iron.

Moms need a Rowenta DX8800 Professional Iron with Auto Shut-Off

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Rowenta DX8800 Iron with Auto Shut-off:

I received my Rowenta Professional Iron with Auto Shut-Off for my birthday one year.  One thing I always hated to get was an applicance for my birthday or any holiday.  I am so glad my family got me this iron.  I iron everything, even before getting this iron, but now I enjoy ironing.  It's durable and I've dropped it off the ironing board several times and it still works.  The like the amount of steam you can regulate and the easy cleaning swtich.  I also like the detangable cord.  It doesn't get all twisted.  The best feature of all is the automatic shut off.  I know many times I've left the house and completely forgot to shut off the iron.  The iron and ironing board are always left out in the spare room.  Once I've ironed what I needed, I walk out the door and completely forget to shut off the iron.  When I do finally remember, it's usually too late because we're not home.  I don't have to worry now because the iron will shut off by itself and I don't have to worry about burning down the house. I think this is a feature my husband likes as well.  I know it's a bit on the pricey side, but it's well worth it!

I'll never buy a Rowenta again!

from Washington, IL