Other Ice Cream Makers:
203033
Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker

Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker

Rival Electric, Ice - Cream Maker

For Christmas one year I asked for a Ice - Cream Maker from my mom and dad. They bought me a 4 quart, Rival Electric, Ice - Cream Maker. It can make homemade ice - cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet. It uses rock salt and ice to freeze the ice - cream. The ice - cream maker has a translucent canister lid to make it easy to see your ice cream when it is done. It also shuts itself off when the ice cream is done. My mom and dad have a 6 quart ice cream maker so in August they bring theirs over to make ice cream for my daughter's birthday. We like the taste of homemade ice cream, exspecely in the summer time. If you would like a recipe for homemade ice cream here is a recipe for it. For a 6 quart ice cream recipe:

3 cups sugar

6 eggs

3 teaspoons vanilla

3 half pint boxes whipped cream

milk

Beat eggs first, then beat the vanilla and sugar together. Add the 2 boxes of whipping cream. Beat well, then put in ice cream maker and add milk within 2 inches from top of ice cream maker or to the line in ice cream maker. Put in ice and rock salt and freeze. Enjoy.

very nive ice crean maker

So good

from Dominican Republic

About Me Rarely Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
  • Easy to Use
  • Quick

Cons

• Ice Cream Too Soft

• Custom Flavors

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

It is so great, I loved it

very nive ice crean maker

from iraq-baghdad

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Quick

Cons

• Ice Cream Too Soft

• Custom Flavors

use it for Ice-Cream Making

easy and fun to use ice cream maker

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

The Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker 203033 is a four quart electric freezer that can make ice cream and frozen yogurt in up to forty minutes. It comes up a ten and a half inch polypropylene bucket, 1.2-amp motor with automatic shut-off, a metal container, as well as recipes of what you can make inside the ice cream maker. It uses regular salt or rock salt, and the motor is supposed to shut off by itself when it is done.

For the inexpensive price I paid for this ice cream maker I am extremely satisfied with it. It can get expensive making ice cream at home, but it's really fun to do, and the fact that I know exactly what goes into the ice cream I'm making makes me happy. This ice cream maker is really easy to use, and there are so many different recipes that you can make in here even Ben & Jerry's recipes. It's great that I can make my own home made ice cream in under an hour. It's even really fun to use with kids. I feel like this ice cream maker all in all paid for itself.

The ice cream and frozen yogurt that I make in here is always delicious every time I use it. I like that I can make whatever flavor of ice cream I want at home, and it's so simple and easy to do. I can have home made ice cream in under an hour, what's better then that?

It's not the best quality or most expensive ice cream maker but I haven't had any problems with it so far, and I've made a lot of ice cream with it. I don't think it will last forever, but it was inexpensive and great for what I paid for it.

It's very easy to use, and all you have to do is put the ice cream mixture into the can, and then pack the ice and rock salt around it in the bucket. Then you just turn it on, and keep adding the rock salt and ice until it's completely packed around it. It takes about forty minutes but it isn't a lot of work at all.

It's not that complicated to clean it. Just dump out whatever is left in there after it's not cold anymore. Then clean it with dish soap and water. It doesn't take very long at all.

Capacity
It makes four quarts of ice cream, which is enough to save for yourself for a few weeks, or have an ice cream party and share it with your friends and family.

The design is simple, and there is nothing special or attractive about it. It's not one of the best made most expensive ice cream makers but it gets the job done.

Makes great ice cream.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

This ice cream maker is fairly priced for what it is and how well it performs. We've had ours for over a year and no problems have occurred. It has the most important part, taste of the ice cream down perfectly! It comes out with a nice consistency that is on the thicker side, but not overdone. Frozen yogurt has a medium-light consistency if you use fat-free milk, which I enjoy. It melts so quickly in your mouth!

It is going as strong as when we first got it, a year later.

It is very well built.

It is very easy to use and my children enjoy doing it and have no problem following the directions. It runs pretty quickly too.

This is the only thing that I do not like about it. My husband and I get into little arguments over who has to wash it because it is annoying.

Capacity
It makes a healthy amount and is efficient for smaller parties and gatherings.

The color is a nice touch. It looks like a summer machine.

• Capacity:

An awesome machine that produces amazing ice cream!

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

It is very easy to operate this machine. All that you need to do is add sugar, milk, whipped cream, eggs, and whatever flavor you want (vanilla, chocolate, etc.). Then after that, add ice and salt and pop it into the freezer. Anyways, this machine produces absolutely fantastically awesome ice cream. The ice cream comes out rich, smooth, and creamy. I recommend this product for anybody just looking for a relatively affordable and easy-to-use ice cream machine that will make good stuff.

This ice cream machine features excellent performance. It does not take a very long time for the ice cream to solidify after being put into the freezer.

This ice cream machine should not crack or break as long as you don't repeatedly drop it on the ground :)

It is very easy to use this machine.

It is pretty simple to clean this ice cream machine. All you must do is take off the cap and wash it with soap and water.

Capacity
I don't know exactly how much ice cream this machine can make at once, but it is definitely a very, very generous portion.

I don't really find it visually appealing, but the good performance and ice cream makes up for it.

• Capacity:

Can't ask for more considering the low price

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

I feel this ice cream maker is a fairly good deal considering the reasonably low purchase price. My husband and I use it about ten times a year and it is very durable. The instructions are extremely easy to follow and the booklet includes numerous recipes for ice cream and sorbet. The only negative is that this machine is very noisy so we plug it in and make the ice cream on the deck instead of running it in the house for a solid hour.

We are always satisfied with the flavor and consistency of the ice cream.

We haven't experienced any issues.

The step by step instructions are very easy to understand.

Do not clean immediately after emptying the ice cream but simply wait until the canister is no longer cold and cleaning is a breeze.

Capacity
I think that 4 quarts is the perfect amount of ice cream to make at any given time because you need to have the space in your freezer to store it.

• Capacity:

The Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice Cream Maker is a Great Product!

from Maryville, TN

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

My husband and I have had our Rival Electric four quart ice cream maker for a several years now. Even though it is not the most expensive ice cream maker you can purchase, it does make delicious ice cream! We are very pleasantly surprised by how the ice cream is always creamy and smooth. In order to make your ice cream, all you need with this ice cream maker is the ice cream mixture, ice, and rock salt. It is very easy to make ice cream in this particular maker. There are just a few pieces to it. The motor has an easy click and lock system. I also like the fact that it is very compact and easy to store. When it is not being used, we just store it in it's original box. It doesn't take up much space. We usually make about six batches of ice cream each summer. We make it for all the summer holidays, and also when we have a cookout and invite guests over. It always turns out great, and everyone looks forward to our homemade ice cream!

Summertime essential!

from Gresham, OR

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

With summer just around the corner the time for frozen treats and goodies is upon us again and why not make them yourself. The Rival Electric Four Quart Ice Cream Maker is the perfect machine to do just that. I like my ice cream but I also like knowing what goes in to my food. Being able to make my own ice cream has been great. I didn't want to go out and spend a ton of money on a machine I wasn't sure I would use all that often so I chose the Rival because it was fairly inexpensive (around 20 bucks at Walmart) and it came in a variety of fun colors. I have been very happy with mine so far and after 2 years of use it is still ticking. One of the only downsides to this machine is the extremely loud noise it makes. I usually hide mine in a spare room to avoid this but buyer beware. Other than that I love it.

Makes a lot of great, homemade ice cream.

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

When you need to make a lot of homemade ice cream, the Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker cannot be beat! During the summer, we have many family gatherings, and what says summer better than homemade ice cream? After I got this ice cream maker, I bought a speciality ice cream cookbook to make many different delicious varieties of ice cream. I love to pull out the ice cream maker and whip up a batch of ice cream. Much more personalized to my taster than anything I can buy in the store. I remember as a child watching my father crank the handle on our ice cream maker. I cannot imagine having to do that, and with this electric ice cream maker I never have to. If you love homemade ice cream, but neither have the time nor energy to hand-crank an ice cream machine, this is the machine for you!

Rival Electric Ice Cream Maker works the best!

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Rival Electric 4-Quart Ice-Cream Maker:

This is like a pro! If you are looking to purchase this because you are interested in home made ice cream- I can tell yout his rright now: You will never go back to store boughten, shop boughten, or any other kind of boughten. The Vanilla ice cream you can make in here is better than any vanilla or chocolate or double butter rum cookie dough fudge ice cream I've ever had! This is so easy to use, it makes 4 quarts of delicious ice cream at once and it is to quiet. Some ice creams makers you use them and all you hear is "Crank, urk, chug, ug, clunk, purch, clurk, cluck, crank, urk, ug ug, etc". Not with this! It's very quiet. Yes sometimes you have to chop or adjust the ice, but the ice cream is so worth it. Best maker i've ever used- great buy!