Other Ice Cream Makers:

Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker

Pros

Cons

We Love It

THis is a must buy if your entertaing and have kids. This machine allows me to serve my little ones good wholesome icecream without all the added fats and perservitives,  We have alot of fun making our own icecream as a family. This is a really good investment. I save alot not taking the kids out for icecream and its cheaper gettingthe ingredients than it is buying your family ice cream at the grocery store,

This machine is so easy to use as you just pour in the ingredience in and let the machine do the churning no rock salt required., My kids love to help pour them in. Its really fun for them  and its a great family activity to do together.

We love experimenting and creating our own recipes as the kids like to come up with ideas on how they are going to make their treat l This teaches them how to make good choices and how to work together as a team without fighting until the job is finished. I LOVE this especially for birthday parties for the kids. All the little kids get excited as thet watch their icce cream appear right in fromt of their eyes.

When I entertain its so handy for making smoothies and margarettas for the guests. One party we had the iccream maker was the center of it all. The guests decided they wanted to try it out and we all spent the night until thee wee hours of the morning laughing and having fun creating a bunch of different things.

My kids really love making yougurt . They had fun blueberry picking this summer and rasoberry picking . My kids became more aware of what was growing outside around them for berries. because they knew that if they found them and picked them then they could make yougurt,

I recommend this to anyone who loves smoothies, Its so quick and you get a great smothie everytime. This machine was a blessing when my chikd went in and had tonsols taken out. The cold fresh homemade icecream was  there no matter what time he wanted it, It also makes really good strawberry icecream too.

Its nice to be able to treat my kids to a nice yummy icecream cone right in their own backyard,

on hot summer days,

Great at first but can easily break!

We purchased this machine one year ago and have had a lot of fun making sorbets for our two children with allergy sensitivities. Very easy to use. We have extra freezer space so we developed the habit of making sorbet, washing the freezing bucket out and putting back in the freezer for the next time. Really loved the ability to make fresh sorbet using fresh, natural ingredients that everyone loved. What we haven't loved about the machine is that it's a bit on the noisy side, it does not come with directions printed on the side to explain where/how to place the ice cream turner in and unfortunately this last year one of our family members put it in upside down and it promptly broke as it was trying to stir the sorbet. Unfortunately, we had misplaced the directions, and were unsure which way to put the stirrer in the maker- so note to Cuisinart- please put directions on the stirrer piece or on the side of the machine. We haven't replaced the piece and have been unable to use our machine since it broke.

The other thing I would say is that we can use the exact same recipe and sometimes the sorbet comes out perfect, other times it will be a little hard on the top. So really not sure what it going on. Overall, it's been a good appliance for us and was used a lot. We're disappointed that the center, stirring piece broke so easily.

Capacity
It doesn't make a lot. We have a family of five and would need to make several batches and would have to take time to freeze the bowl in between batches as we couldn't continuously run the machine.

the stirrer piece is plastic, broke easily when put in the wrong way. Recommend that directions this side up/side down be placed on the stirring piece.

i will buy 3 of it

from Tripoli Enjila

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
  • Easy to Use
  • Quick
  • Quiet

Cons

• Ice Cream Too Soft

• Custom Flavors

You can make Chocolate Ice cream with it

Simple machine!

from Kansas

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

Homemade ice cream is always so much better than store bought. Previous ice cream makers I had were just too much work and I would not use them very much. I LOVE my Cuisinart 1.5-Quart Ice Cream Maker. It is inexpensive, easy to use and clean up, and makes delicious ice cream.

With this ice cream maker, you do not have to add salt or chill your ingredients ahead of time. You simply freeze the center canister, place it back into the machine, and then add your ingredients. All you have to do now is hit a switch and watch the machine do all the work. It usually only takes half an hour until you have some tasty soft serve ice cream. If you want your ice cream to be a little more solid simply stick the canister in the freezer for a few hours. The bowl is removable so it is easy to clean.

I highly recommend this machine. It is so simple to use and makes excellent ice cream.

I have had mine for almost 2 years now and it still works just as well as when I bought it.

Fast and Easy

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

The Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker is so much fun. We have a ball using it and seeing what new recipes we can come up with. It has gotten to be a Saturday night ritual. Even the teenagers get into it and come up with ideas what to put in it. Once you have the basic recipe you can do just about anything with it. We have added all sorts of flavoring and add ins such as chocolate chips, M&M's , mints, peanuts, marshmallows, strawberries and bananas to name a few. As long the canister is frozen you can have delicious soft serve ice cream in minutes. I like it a little harder so we usually put it in the freezer for an hour. If I had realized everyone was going to enjoy it so much I would have bought one that made a little more than a quart. But we are happy with it. If you like ice cream this is a fun way to make it and have some fun time with the family at the same time.

Time will tell but I am sure it will have a long life with us.

Very easy to use.

NO hassle at all to clean.

Capacity
Just right for 2 maybe 3 that want, more than that and you wish you had more.

Cuisinart Ice-25 1.4 Quart Ice Cream Maker

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

I received this ice cream maker for Christmas as a gift. I wanted an ice cream maker because I have diabetes and it's really difficult to find good quality low carbohydrate ice cream that taste good and is not filled with horrible ingredients. This ice cream maker is the most amazing thing ever! It is so easy to use, and easy to clean too. You just freeze the middle, throw in the ingredients, wait about 20 minutes and you have smooth delicious ice cream. This is better than any store bought ice cream I've ever had. I always thought it would be a hassle to make my own ice cream but not with the cuisinart ice cream maker. It really is incredibly easy and you can make ice cream, frozen yogurt and sorbets. Since learning I was a diabetic I haven't had any ice cream and it's something I really missed. Ice cream is one of my all time favourite things to eat. Wit the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker I am once more able to enjoy all my favourite ice creams and I have the knowledge that they are made with only the freshest and best ingredients. I recommend this to anyone that wants to have fresh delicious, amazing frozen treats!

• Capacity:

Great at first but can easily break!

• Capacity:

Basic ice cream freezer that gets the job done consistently.

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

This ice cream freezer is not a fancy model. It's bare bones technology, and there are no settings to worry about other than on and off. It's relatively quiet, and has done what we expected it to do every time.

Literally no complaints. It's a great little freezer for the occasional home ice cream makers.

We've packed ours and moved cross country, knocked it off the counter once, and it's still like new.

Seriously, couldn't be easier. The switch is for "On" and "off". No other options besides that.

The freezer is a pain to clean when frozen, and is much easier when thawed.

Capacity
You won't be able to feed a large group of people with the amount of ice cream this freezer makes, but for a simple family event, it should be adequate. A note of caution, don't overfill freezer, or it will start coming out the top as it freezes.

Simple and easy. Looks kind of like a cute old ice cream bucket. No bells and whistles, but if you are good with that, it's great.

• Capacity:

Really enjoy this ice cream maker!

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

I received this ice cream maker as a gift and it has been great. My ice cream has always turned out thick and very well as long as I freeze the bowl 24 hours in advance. I did order another bowl to have in case I wanted to do several ice creams in the summer for parties. This ice cream maker is easy to use and clean. I love it!

Dependable Ice Cream Maker

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

I got this ice cream maker for Christmas a few years ago from my mom. It was my first, and is still going. It is so quick to make homemade ice cream, just a half hour in the mixer and you've got soft serve. It has gotten a little louder over the years. I love the design, though, how it looks like an old time ice cream maker.

Capacity
I wish it were a 2 quart capacity, as it seems that is the quantity a lot of mixes make.

I love the bucket design.

• Capacity:

Terrible for my diet,but great for taste buds :)

from Oakland, TN

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

I bought this at a yard sale- new in the box- on a whim. What a great buy that was! IWe have made homemade ice cream numerous times, and only once has it not turned out perfectly! (I think my husband mis-measured the liquid that time.). It does not make as much at a time as some other makers, but it makes plenty for our family of 3. THe recipe book included has a great recipe for vanilla ice cream, and you can add all sorts of mix ins to jazz it up. It's easy to clean, works in about 20-30 minutes and is not too terribly loud. I like that you can store the tub in the freezer and have it ready for a moment's notice. I will say that you should be sure to put the paddle wheel in before you add the liquid, because if you don't it won't work properly.

• Capacity:

Cuisinart ICE-25 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker is wonderful!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker:

I sense summer coming... time to whip out the Cuisinart ICE-25 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker! I love my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (it also makes sobert, frozen yogurt and delicious mixed Italian Grenada - don't be fooled by the name of Ice Cream Maker!) - it does a wonderful job of allowing me to extremely quickly whip up a batch of even the most exoctic flavor combinations with ease without really having to pre-plan since I keep the bowl in the freezer all the time.

The construction of the ice cream maker is very solid and the handle allows for easy storage deep in the back of a cabinet and also great for carrying the ice cream maker to picnics and get-togethers where I simply plug it into the wall and within 45 minutes I have delicious homemade ice cream to offer up!

The size of batches and how quickly it whips into ice cream is wonderful, so I can constantly mix up different batches with ease. Cleanup is a breeze and the bowl can be wiped out and used again without having to be frozen in between batches.