Other Ice Cream Makers:

Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker #

Pros

Cons

• Capacity:

The Cuisinart Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker is great!

The Cuisinart® Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker is definitely great! My husband and I received this as a gift for our wedding back in April, and it has gotten a lot of use since. The machine itself is fairly compact, so it can fit into almost any space (especially in our smalle kitehcn!). This ice cream maker is very user friendly. All you have to do is freeze the bowl ahead of time, add your mixed ingredients, then turn it on! There are no timers, confusing buttons, or really anything to worry about. I feel like anyone, even children, could use this machine effectivel. This ice cream maker comes with a great recipe book for many types of ice creams, sherberts, frozen yogurts, frozen drinks, etc. So many ideas to get you started. My husband and I did find that some of the recipes could have used less sugar, but some of the time we used Splenda instead of sugar anyways. The machine also boasts a lid with space for adding ingredients as you go, like chocolate chips, etc. Most of the ice creams can be done in 25 minutes and either eaten right then, or stored in the freezer for a little while to firm up more. The ONLY drawback to this ice cream maker for me is that it is pretty noisy. It was kind of annoying to try to watch TV while the machine was going. Besides that, this Cuisinart tainless Steel Ice Cream Maker is a great investment!

An okay Cuisinart ice cream maker appliance.

I was so eager to use my wedding gift card to get an ice cream maker because I heard homemade ice cream is so much cheaper and healthier. I can't say it is cheaper because heavy cream is so expensive and seeing myself using that much heavy cream is not exactly health conscious. It is pretty fun to use but the inner layer container need a little prepping. We do not have a huge freezer compartment and to make this ice creamer effective, the inner layer container needs to be in the freezer overnight for many hours and that means we have to empty out our freezer to accomodate the container. The ice cream maker works well and it is great to have to entertain kids but I don't have the motivation to use it on a monthly basis. Cleaning is pretty easy because their aren't too many parts and they can easily removed for cleaning.

Cool to have

from Alabama

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
  • Easy to Use

Cons

• Not Dishwasher Safe

• Custom Flavors
  • Sorbets

Comments about Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker #:

My son got this Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker for his birthday last year and we love it! You can actually make healthier ice cream than you can buy at the store, and have fun doing it also. We have enjoyed experimenting with this ice cream machine making all sorts of different flavored sorbets, and they are delicious. The kids get pretty creative sometimes. :) The ice cream is very good as well, but the texture is a little off compared to the ice cream you buy at the store so I don't prefer eating ice cream made with this machine, but it is still not bad. This is a great and nifty little machine to have, especially if you have younger kids at home. Not too bulky either, which makes storage manageable.

Hidden Treasure

from Colorado Springs, CO

I found this little gem at our local thrift store so I was a bit hesitant to purchase it but for the price I figured it could not hurt. We are military so people get rid of things when they move they may no longer want by donating to the thrift store, so it did not mean that there was anything wrong with so I took the chance. I am glad I did. This homemade ice cream machine is a great addition to my kitchen and used often enough that I do not worry about finding space for it in any cabinets because it remains out on my kitchen counter. I have used it to make a variety of different recipes, including copy cat recipes from Ben and Jerry's online that my mom sent me. We currently have a family of three and one on the way and this machine is perfect for our size family. It does not make too much or too little. I am not much a healthy eater when it comes to my sweets so I have not used it for any sorbet or yogurt type recipes yet and probably will not any time soon. Since it is fully automatic I can start this up when we sit down to eat dinner and have fresh homemade ice cream ready to go when we finish eating. It finishes making the ice cream within a half hour of starting it which, in my opinion, is pretty good for anything homemade. This machine also has a large ingredient spout which is perfect for mix ins which is my daughter's favorite part of the process.

One of the Best!

from wilkes barre, PA

I have used the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker at my mother's home last summer. I can say it was one of the best ice cream/sorbet makers I have ever tried. It is very small and takes up less space than a toaster on the counter tops. I have tried recipes that I have found on the internet and recipes that were included in the user manual that came with the Ice Cream Makers, and they all turned out wonderful. It is very easy to use and the instructions were easy to follow. I was able to make plain ice cream flavors such as vanilla and chocolate, as well as some exciting different flavors that I did not think I would make like mango raspberry sorbet and pineapple coconut. The ice cream took about 30 minutes to make and it holds/makes the perfect amount of ice cream for my family. It is not too noisy when it is turning the ice cream. I also really liked that it was very easy to clean the machine.

• Capacity:

Nice addition to my kitchen

from Merced, CA

I was very skeptical about buying an ice cream maker, not knowing how much work was involved in preparation and in cleaning up afterwards (since ice cream bought from a store shelf is very reasonably priced!). Then, I received the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2 Quart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker as a gift from a friend. This appliance is quite a nice addition to my kitchen and I love how much fun our whole family has preparing and indulging in little treats together during weekends and holidays. I am also a pretty big fan of the fact that home made frozen yogurt and ice cream can be prepared using the same gadget. That way we can cater to different tastes and preferences of different family members. Setting up and cleaning up afterwards are both fairly simple and easy and not too huge a drain on time. I would certainly buy this appliance for family and friends.

Incredible

from Dallas, TX

I asked my in-laws to get this for my family for Christmas for a number of reasons. My oldest son, who is 3, loves ice cream, but I hate all of the junk and chemicals in most store-bought brands. We'd save money by being able to make our own and I could control exactly what goes in. Furthermore, we could create any flavor any time we wanted.
I'm so glad that we got our wish! We've made more ice cream since Christmas than we've ever eaten in our lives! The machine is so easy to operate. You simply freeze the inner bowl for at least 24 hours, pour in the ingredients and voila...amazing ice cream!
There's a recipe book with some great ideas.
As much as I love this machine, there are several things that I would change:
1. I'd like an automatic timer that shuts off when the ice cream is done. We always forget when we started the mixing process and are never sure exactly when to shut off the machine.
2. I wish it came with a storage container for the ice cream.
Right after you make the ice cream, it is quite melty, more like frozen yogurt. If you want "Blue Bell" consistency, you need to freeze it after you make it, allowing it to harden.
The ice cream sticks to the sides of the freezer bowl, making it difficult to get everything out to freeze or eat right then.
3. It would be nice if it could be ready to go in less than 24 hours. We just store our freezer bowl in the freezer, but it does take up quite a bit of space.

Turns out more like frozen yogurt unless you freeze it before eating

The ice cream sticks to the inside of the freezer bowl.

Good for small families

Best Ice Cream Maker

I think very highly of this product and have loved owning mine! My husband and I registered for multiple ice cream makers when we got married because we really wanted one. We received three different kinds and this model is by far the best. This ice cream maker is incredibly easy to use. There is an "on" switch and an "off" switch. It is as simple as that. Things we have learned while having ours is that it is noisy. It makes a little more noise than a blender. It also has to run for about a half hour in order to make the ice cream. However, those things are completely worth it for the ice cream it makes. It is a great consistency and taste delicious. I would highly recommend buying this ice cream maker. We have loved owning ours and use it all the time.

Ours has always performed great. You purchase the ingredients and then let the ice cream maker do the work. It takes about a half hour and then has to freeze for 24 hours. If you follow the steps correctly, it will perform wonderfully for you.

We have owned ours for over two years with no problems.

I think it is really easy to use. Switch it on and it does the work.

It is a little messy to clean but that is just part of ice cream being sticky and messy.

Capacity
It makes a decent amount at one time.

Design is great. It fits well in my kitchen and looks classy.

• Capacity:

Great product and easy to use!

from Woodward, OK

My mom bought this for our family. It is easy to use, so easy the kids can do it by themselves. We've made vanilla, chocolate and a coffee flavored ice cream with candy bits in it.

It works well and is easily assembled.

So far it seems durable but time will tell. We've had it for a couple of years now and it is still in tact.

Instructions for making things in the booklet and the directions for using the machine are simple. My 12 year old used it without assistance. Smaller children would definitely need assistance in using; however, most preteens/teens would not have a hard time using it. I would suggest if allowing kids to do it, go through the steps the first time around with them.

Cleaning is not that tedious but it still has to be cleaned.

Capacity
It makes a decent amount of ice cream. The last batch we made using the instruction booklet for chocolate ice cream made quite a bit, my daughter and eight of her friends ate it.

The simple design allows for easy assembly and storage. The pieces fit right in each other and it is not too bulky so it doesn't take up too much space.

• Capacity:

Making ice cream is as easy as pie!

from Midland, MI

We love making ice cream, but hated the mess and hassle of using rock salt and ice. We purchased this ice cream maker several summers ago and have absolutely loved it. It's design is very easy to use. It consists of an insert that is filled with liquid that gets very cold and freezes the ice cream and a paddle that is inserted in the middle. Simply fill the insert with your favorite ice cream recipe, insert the paddle and turn it on.

I like this design because it's not messy. I can make ice cream in the house now, and the kids love watching it get freezy. It's a bit loud, but it only takes 20 to 30 minutes so it's no long.

The only drawback of the Cuisinart ice cream maker is that you have to place the insert into the freezer for about a day before making ice cream. We've gotten into the habit of just storing it in there in the summer months so it's always ready. But the first few times we were caught off guard wanting to make ice cream but being unprepared.

We have used this frequently for three summers and it still run very well.

This is very easy to clean, especially when you rinse everything immediately after making the ice cream.

Capacity
This easily makes either one or two quarts of ice cream.

Nice Ice cream maker

I love making my own personal homemade ice cream especially when I am too lazy to go out to shop for it. I have made regular vanilla, coconut, strawberry, banana and many more combinations and they have come out tasting fantastic. It comes out rich, creamy and tasty. You have to be aware though that in order to make the ice cream you have to make sure that you overnight freeze the bowl to make ice cream, this is essential.

I have also made other things using this machine like sorbet and frozen yogurt. I am able to make about 2 quarts each time I use it. It is pretty simple to use, it has an off and on button. The look to it is pretty nice, has a stainless steel type look. As for cleaning that is pretty simple, takes me under 7 minutes to clean it. It comes with a handy recipe book which I have used to make the different flavors of ice cream I have made. I love using this ice cream maker and my kids enjoy eating it as well as I do.

Does a great job at making ice cream.

Believe it will last a long time.

very simple.

Very easy.

Capacity
Can make a fair amount of ice cream.

Nice Stainless Steel design.

Makes Delicious Ice Cream

This ice cream maker makes the most delicious vanilla ice cream I have ever tasted. I used the recipe booklet that came with the machine and I haven't been disappointed. I love that this maker has a freezable unit that fits well into a freezer so you don't have to worry about rock salt and ice and constantly having to watch it.

On one occasion my husband forgot to put the paddle into the maker before adding the liquid mixture and the paddle broke. We were able to find an inexpensive replacement on amazon but it was a lesson learned to make sure to read the instructions.

The only difficult cleaning part would be the freezable bowl where you actually pour all the liquid into. It isn't dishwasher safe but as long as you take care of the mess promptly it isn't a big issue to clean it. All of the other parts are easily cleanable as well.

Capacity
This machine doesn't make huge amounts of ice cream that would feed a large crowd but it will feed a normal family size and then some.