Other Ice Cream Makers:

Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker

Pros

Cons

• Capacity:

Wow! We love it, so easy

We have used the old electric churn wooden bucket ice cream maker for years but I was so tired of having to soak the wooden bucket so it would swell to hold the ice and salt more securely. Then my sister gave us the Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker for our Anniversary. That started a routine that has not stopped for nearly a year, making ice cream at least once a week year round. It also comes with some great recipes but I've adjusted many more to our liking as well. This is no doubt one of the best gifts that we've ever received. It is so easy to use and easy to clean up. All you do is mix your recipe, pour it in the metal freezer bowl and let it run for 20-30 min. Of course, when you first get it you have to clean it up and put the bucket inside your freezer to freeze solid so that the cold can last 20-30 min. after removing from the freezer. This is one of the simplest appliances I've ever had. My only complaint would be that the bowl is too small because the two of us can eat all of the frozen contents in one sitting. I love to have some left over to put in the freezer for another day. So I would love a machine with a larger capacity.

Runs great but is just a tad loud. But not near as loud as our old wooden bucket electric maker.

Have been making ice cream at least once a week and sometimes twice since we received it almost a year ago and it still runs great.

Easiest ice cream making I've ever done and comes with great recipes.

Just run warm water over each part as you remove the ice cream, let it dry and it is ready for the next use. Always dry and put freezer bucket back in the freezer to be ready for the next use.

Capacity
A little small for our liking and wish it was twice the size.ha!

Nice design that is easy to store

Not Exactly What I Had Hoped For

While this frozen yogurt/sorbet maker is not that bad, I thought it would work a little better than it did. It does work, but takes some experimenting to get figured out.
Read complete review

The main unit seems durable, but the little plastic blades in the middle seem kind of flimsy. I am not sure how long those will last (hopefully longer than I expect).

It is pretty easy, but requires a lot of prep work. Adding ingredients is easy, which is great, except when the frozen yogurt starts sticking and it will have trouble taking the extra ingredients.

It can be a beast to clean, but if you leave hot water in it after use it seems to be a lot easier.

Capacity
It can hold a lot of frozen yogurt/gelato/ice cream. It is probably about the same as what you would purchase at the store from a name brand ice cream.

It looks nice on the counter or table and is decently well thought out, except the plastic blades in the middle.

Loving my Cuisinart!

from Murphy, NC

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

When my old ice and salt using electric ice cream maker conked out, I found a deal on this Cuisinart Ice Cream maker, and I'm so glad I did! Goodbye ice and salt, goodbye loud, drippy, messy, should-be-doing-it-on-the-porch ordeal, hello simple, quiet, fits-on-the-countertop, icy/salty-mess free ice cream at home! No, this is not the ice cream maker you buy if you need to make ice cream for a big crowd, but, it makes plenty in one batch for 6-8 people! It's quiet enough that I can make ice cream and watch TV (at a normal volume) in the living room 6 feet away at the same time!

Makes perfect ice cream in under half an hour! If you like your ice cream hard, you do have to freeze it, but, that's the same with any ice cream maker I've used! I like to have a bowl of it soft, straight out of the ice cream maker, and then freeze the rest for later! It does make ice cream with a firmer consistency than my old salt and ice using machine!

So far, so good! Haven't had a problem with it yet! I've had it for about 2 years now. I don't use it all the time, but, it gets used at least half a dozen times a year.

SOOOOO EASY!!! Freeze the bowl (this takes a little planning, it takes at least 24 hours in the freeze to freeze solid), pour ice cream mixture in frozen bowl, place on machine, drop in stirring insert, place clear top on, turn on, and go relax for 20 minutes!

Easy to clean!

Capacity
Like I said, not the ice cream maker to make ice cream for the whole 4th of July BBQ, but, works great for home use, would make plenty for a dinner party of 6.

No complaints! I wouldn't mind if it had a bit larger capacity, but, for my purposes, the Cuisinart is a gem!

• Capacity:

I bought it just to try it!

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

I only purchased this product because I love Cuisinart products and I wanted to see it this product lived up to the Cuisinart brand. I like this unit a whole lot because of the simpleness of using it.

I works great for making homemade frozen yogurts and ice cream. I especially like that the texture of the ice cream is somewhat hard, as I don't really care for soft ice cream

I have only had this unit for a few months now so I can't really say how durable it is. I will say that it is very lightweight, so I am wondering what would happen if it accidently dropped on the floor.

Very easy to use, plug it up and hit the button.

It can be a hassle to clean because of the parts and putting it back together, otherwise not a huge issue using warm soapy water.

Capacity
The holding container is somewhat smaller, but that has its advantages because you won't over do it and have to throw out alot of product if your don't use it.

It has a sort of plain design to it, especially the white one. I have a red one.

Great Product!

from Naples, FL

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

I love my ice cream maker. I can make all sorts of yummy mixtures right in my own kitchen. Combinations are endless. My biggest problem is remembering to have ingredients on hand when the mood hits! It's so easy to use and comes out perfect every time!

My grand kids can use it.

Makes great ice cream!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

I was so happy with this ice cream maker! It does a great job of making delicious ice cream without much skill or effort. It's almost impossible to go back to store-bought ice cream now!

This makes great ice cream and is consistent in its quality.

This has been a solid, sturdy ice cream maker ever since I got it. I have never had any trouble with it, and that includes the time I knocked it off of the kitchen counter!

After the first couple of tries, I got this machine down to a science. It's very easy to use and the instructions are quite clear. I was so thrilled that even my little niece could figure it out and help me make her birthday ice cream!

This is so easy to clean! The white color is very helpful since it shows any stains. I love how easy it is to rinse right after moving the ice cream out so that the washing goes quickly.

Capacity
This makes a great portion! We were able to make enough for the whole family in just three rounds (very big family).

• Capacity:

easy to use yummy to eat

from Andover, OH

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

This is the best ice cream maker I have ever used.You do not need rock salt at all.Just freeze the bowl for at least 12 hours.Add the ingredients and turn it on.We have tried lots of different flavors of ice cream as well as many sorbets.Every thing has turned out great.It is a big hit with the kids and grand kids as well as the adults. I do recommend buying an extra bowl as the ice cream goes really fast.This is easy enough to use that my grand kids aged 11 and 9 can make it themselves.

Works great every time.Fast easy and quiet too.

We have only had this machine a few months,but have used it quite a bit with zero issues so far.

Easy enough that the kids argue over who is making dessert.

Very easy to clean.Just need to wash the inner bowl and paddle.

Capacity
It makes a good amount of ice cream unless you have a huge crowd.I suggest buying the extra bowl.So that you can make two flavors.

great deign comes in many colors.Looks great on the counter top.

Great Ice Cream Maker

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

This is a great ice cream maker. It's very easy to use and easy to clean. I like to make coconut ice cream, chocolate almond ice cream and vanilla almond ice cream with strawberries.

I prefer to make homemade ice cream at home. Making homemade ice cream saves me money and I can control what ingredients that are put in my ice cream.

This is a great machine at a decent price.

Best Gift Ever!

from Potts Camp, MS

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

One of my favorite treats is homemade ice cream. My grandmother knew this and gifted me one of these wonderful Cuisinart Ice Cream Makers. This ice cream maker is one of the best and most used small appliances in my kitchen.
It is very simple to use, but a little planning ahead is necessary. You must freeze the bucket first. I just leave mine in the freezer all the time, so when I want to make ice cream I'm all set to go. Once the bucket is frozen just place it on the base, place the paddle thingy in the bucket, put the cover on, and then turn it on. Then just pour in your mix and wait for your yummy treat to be done. Once your mixture has become ice cream, frozen yogurt, etc, just remove it from the bucket and either eat it as is, or place the dessert in the freezer in a container to get colder.
There aren't many cons to this product. One con is that the bucket does take a while to freeze. Another con is that if your room is too hot it can warm the bucket up far too fast so that ice cream is harder to make. But all in all this product is perfect and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Fast freezing

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

This is a wonderful ice cream maker.  It does require you to pre freeze the bowl.  It makes the best smooth vegan ice cream ever.  We use it whenever we are in the mood for ice cream which is all the time.  The bowl is always in the freezer taking up space.  It takes about 20 minutes until its ready depending on your recipe.  When using it never shut it off in mid cycle otherwise it freezes the arm in place then its stuck.  Then you are prying it out and standing there using a fork stirring it for a while.  Clean up is a breeze.  It does make some noise. The kids will have a fun time with it. It serves enough ice cream for a small taste. It's about the average size of vegan ice cream containers in the store. So you are not going to stuff yourself. We add nuts and cherries no problems just drop them in. Do not exceed the amount of liquid stated otherwise it will freeze out over the top and what a mess. But a delicious mess that will have everyone happy to help clean up.

• Capacity:

Makes Homemade Ice Cream Easy and Fast!

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

I've been using this ice cream maker for about a year. Perfect capacity for a small batch of homemade ice cream. Easy to use and freezes ice cream very fast. I usually let my ice cream freeze a little longer than the instructions advise, until it looks like a good thick consistency. Only downside is that this machine is very noisy.

Easy homemade ice cream!

Comments about Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Maker:

We have gotten a lot of use out of our ice cream maker. It is very helpful in making dairy free ice cream. When it comes to using it, it is fool proof. I don't think that it could be easier. It has worked great for us. Clean up is easy. I think it freezes the mixture faster than other machines I've used, which is a plus. All you need is a good recipe and you are set.