Other Flat Irons:
Remington
Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500

Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500

Pros

• Heats up fast (4)
  • Creates shine (3)
  • Good quality (3)

• Curly hair (3)

Really love it

I have this naturally wavy hair and it does usually take a while for me to flat iron my hair

so I found this flat iron at a reasonable cost Remington s5500 anti static with ceramic plates , temperature up to 410 degrees it heats up in less than a minute , an auto shutoff in sixty minutes and a locking clip for easy storage it is fascinating it makes my hair pretty straight shiny and luscious it is pretty easy to do and I would definitely recommend it , it is so far my favorite straightener I have ever used I love it
Also I can curl my hair with it , it gives gives some nice loose bouncy curls
so Remington s5500 is a must have if you are looking for an affordable flat iron that does not cost a lot of money

Expecting More

I really liked the idea behind the product and sadly I was let down. I have always been a fan of Remington. I have always used Remington products. I really did appreciate that it was ready to use in no time. If nothing else it was just a disappointment for a brand I trust. Again, had this product delivered as I have come to trust he brand of, I would have been pleased.

Expecting More

from Hendersonville North Carolina

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Creates Shine
  • Durable
  • Heats Up Fast

Cons

• Seemed to create static!

• In a rush

Really love it

from libya

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Creates Shine
  • Good Quality
  • Heats Up Fast
  • Smooths Frizz
  • Works Great

Cons

• Time Consuming

• Frizzy Hair
  • Humid Conditions
  • Thin Hair
  • Travel

Also I can curl my hair with it , it gives gives some nice loose bouncy curls

Pretty good!

from Tn

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Good Quality
  • Heats Up Fast

Cons

• Time Consuming

• Frizzy Hair

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

This straightner used to do amazing on my hair. However it was very time consuming having to go over and over parts of my hair due to the thickness and curls.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

nice for hair .. i like it

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Creates Shine
  • Good Quality
  • Heats Up Fast
  • Works Great

Cons

• Limited Settings

• Long Hair

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

thank you for this produce.. i love it when i used for my hair .. good work

Really, really good!

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

I have ridiculously thick hair that is a combination of wavy, frizzy and curly depending on it's mood. I have tried just about every styling product there is and dozens and dozens of flat irons. I could get my hair straight but it was literally a two hour process of products, blow drying and finally straightening. Basically my hair was in a bun or a ponytail 6 days a week for years. Then a friend lent me her Remington Anti-static flat iron and I really couldn't believe the difference. My crazy thick, mid back length hair was perfectly straight and super shiny in about five minutes. I honestly couldn't believe it. My stylist has never gotten it straight so fast. Of course I immediately went out and bought one for myself. Even on the lowest heat setting it gets my hair straight with one pass and without getting hand cramps from trying to squeeze the plates together. The other thing I love about this flat iron is how inexpensive it is. When my friend told me I couldn't believe it. It is also super lightweight so my arms and wrists (I have carpal tunnel and tendonitis) aren't throbbing by the time my hair is half straightened. I would definitely recommend this flat iron even at three times the price!!

Fine.

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

It is a good product. But it depends whether you have fine or coarse hair. It doesn't work too well on thick hair (at least mine though). But I have ethnic hair so that might be the reason. The good thing is that it gets heated very quickly and is ideal for short hair.

I really like this straightener

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

It is very good at straightening, curling, and adding waves or body to my hair. It is programmable so I can set it to just the right heat for what I want and for my hair. My hair is pretty damaged so I usually use the lowest setting. It still curls and straightens on the lowest heat setting. It doesn't take forever to style my hair because I can use larger sections of hair instead of just teeny tiny ones. it gets very hot very fast but doesn't burn anything next to it on my counter, which good because I have a very small bathroom. It has never burned my hair, even on the hottest setting. I have used it to do very small and very loose curls before and it does both great, I've also used it for waves and it does that really good too. And obviously it straightens too.

It works well on all settings, even the lowest and hasn't burnt my hair even on the highest. It can curl, straighten, add waves and body.

I have knocked this off my counter SEVERAL times. It still works, screen still works, buttons work, it hasn't over heated or shorted.

Straightener works very well!

from Chino, CA

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

The Remington digital straightener has been my favorite straightener for years. I just re-bought it recently because my last one died. I used that last one almost every day for about 3 years. I do believe it should have lasted longer, and I was upset when it just stopped working one day, but that did not keep me from purchasing it again. It is a great straightener, and I knew I would be happy with it. I love the digital screen on it and I love that I can adjust the temperature really easy. It heats up very quick. However, when it is heated up to the right temp, it doesn't beep to tell you its ready. My last one did that and I really liked that feature. Anyways, this straightener does the job, its straightens really fast, doesn't get hot where the handle is, doesn't catch on to my hair and pull. Overall this is a great straightener and as long as they make it, I am pretty sure I will buy it again.

Smooth, silky hair

from Chaparral, NM

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

This flat-iron leaves me with smooth, silky beautiful hair.

Either straight or curly, it makes my hair shine.

Dude...I've had this for years. It has lasted through being dropped, smacked, opened. It has cracked on the outside plastic because of years of heat, but IT HAS BEEN YEARS.

Great for short hair

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about Remington Digital Anti-Static Ceramic 1" Flat Iron S5500:

This flat iron is great for short hair. I'm always rushing to get ready in the morning, and this iron heats up in no time flat. The heat setting can be adjusted so that it can work for both wet and dry hair. I also like that it will turn off on its own if I forget to unplug it before rushing to work. My mom liked mine so much that I got her one for Christmas!