3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Good if you have room

The Reli On cool mist humidifier was the only one available at eleven at night in the middle of a long weekend, so we bought it when my daughter had a horrible cold. I spent the night next to her bed with this thing pumping out humidity, and it seemed to help. It's incredibly simple to use, will slightly cool the room (swamp cooler style-- evaporating water takes heat out of the surroundings) as it humidifies, and is quiet enough to have on when you sleep. About the only problem is that it isn't very good if you have small children and no place to put it out of reach-- that easy to turn dial is a toy, and the water container seems to be utterly enchanting to small children. The water goes in through he bottom of the water holder, which seems like a bad idea but works out very well. The opening for adding water is HUGE, so even if you only have a tiny bathroom small (such as in a motor home) sink you can fill it about half way which will last for a few hours. The replacement latticework for inside of the system is very inexpensive, counter to what I expected. All and all, a good deal!

Output Volume
Went through water very quickly until the room felt damp.

Definitely raise the humidity.

EVERYTHING is easy to reach.

There is a plastic or rubber seal on the lid for the hole you add water into, which comes loose and can be a bit of a pain to position so you can close the vat. Did not leak as long as you could get it closed, though.

You can't "Reli On" this cool mist humidifier!

We have electric heat in our home and it is extremely drying to the eyes and sinuses at night. To remedy this I purchased the "Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier". The box claims to help breathing and sleep comfort. After several days of using this humidifier I noticed no difference at all in the air quality in my room and could not feel any cool mist coming from the humidifier. The run time on water claims to be 24-36hrs. However, the run time at my home was actually about 12hrs. This humidifier did not do what it claimed  and didnt work well for my home.

Where is the leak coming from?

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

I was having trouble sleeping because of the dry air in my room so I purchased the Reli on Cool Mist Humidifier. I wasn't too familiar with this device before purchasing, but the price was extremely cheap so I gave it a shot. My first impressions of this device is it's very light weight and it didn't take up too much space on my floor. I filled up the basin and turned on the device. It let out a nice cool mist that after about 30 minutes really helped with my dry throat. Everything was going well so I decided to keep it running while I watched television. Let me add that this device didn't keep up a lot of noise. It's noticeable, but I was able to watch my favorite shows without turning the volume up too high. After about a hour I got up and instantly noticed that half of my carpet was wet. The device was leaking, but I didn't see any cracks in the basin and it was on properly. I definitely wouldn't recommend this humidifier.

Humidifier

from West Middlesex, PA

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

Originally bought this humidifier due to the very dry air in the house in the winter. I have used it when I'm sick for issues such as sinus and dry throat. I get frequent sinus headaches and this actually helps !

Works great ! A little noisy but nothing that can't be tolerated. It actually helped me sleep a little better I think with it's "white noise".

Really nothing to cleaning it. The filter it comes with needs to be changed every so often and I had a hard time finding them.

Good if you have room

from Tacoma, WA

Output Volume
Went through water very quickly until the room felt damp.

Definitely raise the humidity.

EVERYTHING is easy to reach.

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

When my son was a toddler he was diagnosed with allergies and his doctor recommended using a cool mist humidifier at night in his room. So I purchased the Reli On cool mist humidifier because it was reasonably priced.
It's easy to use because the top part is removable so filling it up with water is easy. Using it is also easy, you just plug it in and turn the dial to whatever speed you choose and it keeps the air moist all night.
Cleaning this thing is very difficult because it's hard to get on the insides and especially hard to dry so mold tends to grow on it especially in the filter so it needs to be replaced frequently. This thing takes so long to clean because I have to make sure there's no hidden wet spots that can produce mold and there's a lot of places on this humidifier where that can happen.
The Reli On cool mist humidifier didn't last very long. I had to replace it after only a year but for the price it makes a great temporary humidifier.

• Output Volume:

Great product at a decent price!

from Kingston, WA

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

This is my first cool mist humidifier. I purchased this at the recommendation of a friend and was pleasantly surprised at the quality given the affordability of it. I was nervous I would give up some quality but it's a great product. I use it in my daughters' rooms when they get sick and they enjoy the peaceful 'white noise' that it makes. The reservoir holds enough water that lasts about two nights. The filters are easy to find and replace when the time comes. The plug for the reservoir can be a little snug (which is good considering it won't leak) so I could see it being difficult for those who suffer with arthritis or some similar ailment.

Winter Wonder

from Richland, MO

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

The Reli On Cool Mist Humidifer is one of the only humidifers I recommend to my family and friends. It works really great! All you do is fill the bucket up with water and turn it on. It lets out a delightful cool mist and works great on puting moisture in our air. I've noticed since I've gotten it we have less dry skin than usual. In the summer I use my dehumidifer, but come winter time my humidifer comes out of its special little spot and it is used till around April and May. I highly recommend this humidifer, because it has worked so well for as long as I can remember. I have loved mine and hope that you will love your Reli On Cool Mist Humidifer.

• Output Volume:

Really cool mist but noisy and leaked twice.

from Houston, TX

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

We love ours. The mist is really cool as if the air that's coming out is made up of very very fine light water. Filter is hard to find(at least here in my area). I used a large size cello. When it was still in its original filter, the back of the humidifier leaked twice. The water container is large enough.

Output Volume
The volume is loud that my husband refuse to use it in our room. My two kids sleep with us and they need humidifier so I still use it eventhough noisy.

Does its job to provide cool humidity.

Easy to clean. I clean mine everyday,sometimes every other day and it is still clean.

Very durable. Actually mine looks good still, no scratches whatsoever.

Nice size for the water. Holds lots of water that you can consume maybe for a week.

Wasnt so great

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

I got this for myself when I was pregnant. Intending to use it for my newborn son. It didn't last up until that point. The bowl is fragile. It leaked water so bad it would be a hazard to keep it plugged in while sleeping. This should be taken off of the shelves. I do not! recommend this product at all.

Adequate for the job

from Milford, PA

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

Needed to purchase this equipment for my childrens bedrooms. They suffered from dry hack during the winter months with forced hot air heat. The humidifier gets the job done. I live an area with high rust content in our well water. I have a very hard time keeping the unit clean and free of rust. The water resvoir could be constructed better in order to maintain. The machine is noisy.

Great Humidifier for the Price, Great for Kids

from Richmond, KY

Comments about Reli On Cool Mist Humidifier:

We are pleased with this humidifier. Only complaint is that when the water gets lower it seems the output is not great.

Output Volume
Seemed that once it gets below 1/3 empty of water the output slows down.

I am very pleased with the performance of it overall. It seems like it helps with my kids sinus'.

Easily comes apart to clean, without spilling to make a mess!

This has held up very well with my kids! They pull it apart and are not able to spill water or break it! Very pleased with that, because my son is rough on everything!

Love the design of it. It works well for kids to keep the water contained!