3.7

Pros

Cons

My 15 year old Rainbow Vacuum is Still My Go-To Cleaning Machine

Comments about Rainbow Canister Vacuum:

Although there are now many vacuums that are bag-less canister types, back in 1999 my Rainbow was one of the only brands that offered this concept. I fell in love with my Rainbow at the first demonstration presented to me. The power was amazing and the water canister that captured the dirt was nothing I had ever seen and I was fascinated that not only did ALL the dust and dirt remain in the water and not back in the room air, but I could actually see and dispose of the dirt vacuumed up with little to no mess! I love this vacuum and with only a good cleaning and tune-up by a professional on one occasion, I am also thrilled on the longevity of this machine.

Maneuverability
Depending on your floor surface type, you can either pull the canister along with you by sliding it along the floor (carpet works best for this), or it comes with a base with wheels that you latch the canister into and pull it along behind you on any surface. The only problems I have ever had is the result of the maneuverability being almost too good. I have run it into door frames because it moves along so easy I don't realize how fast it is moving along.

Ease of Maintenance
The collection canister is easy-peasy to clean. Simply dump it outside (don't want to dump all the dirt into a sink drain) and rinse it out! The other maintenance needed is the occasional cleaning of the plastic water separator. A cleaning brush comes with the Rainbow to use to do this! Finally, one of my pet peeves....cleaning the hair and other string caught wrapped around the power brush. Many people overlook this small chore and wind up with a power brush that is no longer a brush, but rather a wad of hair spinning around that doesn't do a bit of good to your cleaning efforts!

Suction Performance
With no bag that allows for a loss in suction performance, this Rainbow has no issue with its performance.

Versatility
This machine came with many useful attachments that enable it to be used in many different applications. The power brush is amazing on carpet, the floor brush is used on hard flooring, there is an upholstery brush, a dust brush and a crevice tool. Finally because of the water collection tank , this vacuum is able to vacuum water up off a floor. A hose with no electrical wires is supplied to use for this type job so that there is no chance of any wires being exposed to water. The only issue I can see with this vacuum would be stairs! It is not a slender canister and the hose isn't long enough to reach from a landing to the top step. I have a ranch style home so I haven't had to use it on stairs, but I believe it could be a little cumbersome.

This Rainbow design was thought out with the idea of keeping everything needed to use this vacuum all in easy reach. The accessories can be stored on the canister where they are in easy reach when needed.

My Rainbow is going on 15 years old and is still performing like a new machine! I have had no major issues with it, only once did I bring it to a professional vacuum repair shop to have it tuned up and gone over for any needed maintenance. Nothing major was needed and the extra belt I have kept on hand hasn't even been needed to be installed!

• Versatility:

All I can say is wow....

from Cromwell, IN

Comments about Rainbow Canister Vacuum:

Here is the thing with the Rainbow. I had a cousin who worked for Rainbow and for his training, he got to bring it into my house and do a trial run on his gimmick before they shipped him off to "the real world" to sell this thing. I say it's a thing because it look's like something that came out of a sci-fi movie from space. It's big and bulky and heavy as you wouldn't believe. I mean, don't get me wrong, yes, I believe it does a lot of stuff like clean allergens out of the air and off your furniture, but if you don't have someone there that can lift it up off the base and dump it down the toilet like they showed them how to empty it, then you are pretty much stuck it sitting there taking up a lot of space.

Ease of Maintenance
As long as you have someone to help you lift the canister off the base, you just dump the dirty water down the toilet.

Suction Performance
I watched a demonstration where the sales man took one of my couch cushions, put it in a bag, sucked all the air out of it, then flipped a switch and put air back into it and made the pillow go back to normal size, but left it light as a feather without all the nasty stuff stuck in it.

You can't get it to go anywhere because it's so big

Rainbow

Comments about Rainbow Canister Vacuum:

In my opinion the Rainbow is not worth what you pay for it. I had a small part on the roller break and it was not covered by the warranty . The vacuum was 3 months old. I was treated so bad by the salesman. My rainbow stays in the closet and I always use a smaller more powerful Hoover. In my opinion it is to heavy and bulky to use.

Not easy to use

Too bulky and heavy

If anything goes wrong Rainbow will say "NOT COVERED"

Really Good Vacuum

from Medon, TN

Comments about Rainbow Canister Vacuum:

I give this vacuum a 4 because it really is a good vacuum. The really high price keeps it from getting a 5.

Maneuverability
This vacuum really moves easily over both carpet and hardwood floors. It sits on a round canister with wheels that allow user to move the vacuum in any direction without any struggle at all.

Ease of Maintenance
All you have to do to maintain this vacuum is empty the water canister and let it dry after each use. Occasionally, you do need to unscrew the single screw under the canister assembly and clean off the moveable part. A small brush is provided with the vacuum that works really well for this job.

Suction Performance
Compared to all other vacuums I've owned ( and I've owned a lot of them over the years), this one has the best suction I've ever seen. My floors, rugs, and carpets are clean after once pass over. You don't have to keep going over and over an area to remove the debris.

Versatility
I use this vacuum throughout my house - carpets, rugs, hardwood floors, etc. I also love the special attachment that comes with it that is used to clean really small places like the coils behind the refrigerator. This little attachment also makes it easy to clean under items that have a very low clearance.

The design is great. Just the right size so that it's easy to move and store. Doesn't take up a lot of room in the closet.

So far, no problems at all.

• Versatility:

Great for people with kids or pets

from Hartford, WI

Comments about Rainbow Canister Vacuum:

We had a Rainbow guy come demonstrate a vacuum at our house. We were amazed at how much more his picked up then ours. We could not justify the high price he was paying, but found a used one and love it! It is very durable, and picks up quite a bit. We have 3 young kids so it was important for us to have clean floors. The hassle is filling the bottom canister with water each time, and it can be awkward to tote around, but other than that, we love it!

• Versatility:

Excellent floor cleaner which will last for years.

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Rainbow Canister Vacuum:

This product has stood the test of time and still performs better than most out there. It is easy to use and is cost effective since there are no bags to purchase.

Maneuverability
Easily moves across the floor and has a step attachment for the stairs.

Ease of Maintenance
The plastic filter needs to be cleaned regularly which takes a few minutes but there are no other requirements to maintain this vacuum.

Suction Performance
Lets you know exactly what is being left behind and is amazing to see when the carpet " looks " clean.

Cleans all floor types.

Easy enough to use and store.

I have had my system for years with no complaints at all. It works much better than most competitors out there.