Other Vacuums:

Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Great for thorough cleaning.

I spent about 2 years living in Europe and noticed the most common vacuum was the canister style vacuum. When I got back to the States I immediately purchased this vacuum with high hopes...Read complete review

I spent about 2 years living in Europe and noticed the most common vacuum was the canister style vacuum. When I got back to the States I immediately purchased this vacuum with high hopes it fulfilled.
The most important thing I like about this machine is that it works. It has a very strong motor and great suction power. The second is that it is so easy to clean under the table and gets into corners. It is not bulky and therefore can easily get into tight spaces other vacuums can not get into. The third factor on why I like this vacuum is that it is easy to carry up and down stairs. You can simply take one part into each hand.
If you like to have a clean house then I recommend this vacuum. It has a strong suction power and gets easily into spaces hard to reach with other vacuums.

Maneuverability
Great, gets into the corners and under tables without a problem.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy, just open it up and pour out the dust and dirt collected.

Suction Performance
Fantastic. I used to believe that canister vacuums were not as powerful, but this one proved me wrong.

Versatility
Has strong performances on carpet and hardwood. Works well on tiles too, but not as well as it does on other types of flooring.

Stylish and modern.

Handy vaccum

This is an okay vaccum. The good part is that you can carry it and manuever around quickly and the bad part is that it doesnt have the best motor and doesnt pick up that much. The price does get a bit iffy so i wouldnt recommend it for home purposes.

Maneuverability
Very good, it all depends on your speed not how fast the vacuum goes.

Ease of Maintenance
Ok, sort of hard to clean but isnt needed to be cleaned after every use. Maybe after two or three uses.

Suction Performance
Again ok, a big regular vacuum will be much better for the job but this is ideAl for buisnesses or offices or hardwood floors.

Versatility
Not relaay it has all the functions of a regular vacuum but is unable to do deep cleaning.

Excellent, well designed. Its as small as possible. Although your back may get a bit warm after a while.

Good, havent had the need to repair anything just regular cleaning. If you hit it too hard on the ground the frame will break and maybe even the motor.

Works decently

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

I clean houses for work so I have bought, owned, used, and broken many a vaccum. I really like the Dyson brand vacuums especially the Dyson animal full size upright. I have a little car I drive when I'm cleaning, and some places I clean have no carpet so I bring along my vacuum in case I need to use it. I thought this little thing would be perfect for travel and loading and Unloading in my car so I bought one. It is so much easier for travel and storage because of its small size and weight. I like all the attachments it comes with, and I like the cord rewind. It seems to work well on bare floors, and carpet. I also use it for cleaning our cars. It's a handly little VAC but I think it's a tad over priced. It does not work as well as the full size which is to be expected with the much smaller size. It works better than all the other small vaccuums I've tried. If I had to buy another small one it would be this one because it has good suction, it's lightweight, and it's easy to use and maintain. One negative is that the cord is so short it doesn't make it far from plug ins. It sucks up animal hair and dust pretty well too.

I give it a 7 just because of the too short cord.

• Versatility:

Love Dyson brand but this isnt the best vacuum that I have owned

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

The Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum is the third Dyson vacuum cleaner I have personally used as we had previously owned the Dyson DC05 Vacuum Cleaner. The Dyson DC39 is quite loud and tends to lose its suction on the carpets in the bedrooms whilst runs smoothly with the rest of the tiled house floor and Turkish carpets. But it has a special handle at the top to regain that suction by spinning the brushes of the vacuum head to return to full suction power. Its lightweight and maneuvers very well and I love that you can extend it so that I am not having to slouch my back as it puts minimal effort on my part to guide it around on the surfaces that need cleaning. I use it on bed covers, dining chairs since the cats love to snooze there, the couch for the same reasons, the cat sleeping stand post, cat beds, air conditioning vents, on plastic, tiles, carpet and wood surfaces as it is great to use for all of them. I will continue buying the Dyson vacuum cleaners as they always do the job and excel even more than expected.

Dyson Canister - Great Power in a Small Package

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

The Dyson Canister vacuum was a wonderful purchase and has become my go-to vacuum cleaner for a variety of reasons. It is compact and lightweight making it easy to use, store and move from floor-to-floor, as needed. I love the various attachments which make going from floor cleaning, to stair cleaning, to baseboards and window sills a breeze. It's powerful suction comes close to that of the full size Dyson models and it works beautifully on both hard floors like wood and tile, as well as on carpeted surfaces and fabric furnishings and curtains. The only thing I don't LOVE about this vacuum is the chord length. I find myself wishing it could be about five feet longer than it is to reach just a little bit further in my vacuum paths throughout the house. This would be particularly advantageous for vacuuming stairs, to ensue a decent area at the top and bottom of the steps are reachable within the same plug-in area. I have an outlet close to the stairs at both top and bottom but feel like I want just a little more reach for better area coverage.

Amazing Vacuum

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

As we all know carpet likes to keep little thing you drop on it! There is carpet all over my house and I tried so many different vacuums but nothing really picked everything up, until I bought this one. I do a lot of art related things so there's many little things all over the carpet in my room but this vacuum actually picks everything up! I also own a huskie which sheds twice a year very badly and this vacuum picks everything up.

Maneuverability
Very early to get around because of the ball. It is also very light so you could actually pick it up while vacuuming in tight places.

Ease of Maintenance
To empty it all you need to do Is remove the middle and press a button which opens up the bottom. I usually just hold it over the trash and in 2 seconds the vacuum is clean.

Suction Performance
It picks every little thing up including all of the dust.

Versatility
Never used something like this.

The design is so wonderful that it is easy to carry and very light.

I have had mine for 2 years and it got dropped a few times down the stairs and still works like new. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Versatility:

Great for thorough cleaning.

Maneuverability
Great, gets into the corners and under tables without a problem.

Ease of Maintenance
Very easy, just open it up and pour out the dust and dirt collected.

Stylish and modern.

• Versatility:

The Best Vacuum I have Ever Owned.

from florida, USA

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

I have had many other vacuums, including ones in the same price range, and none compare to my dyson. The animal canister vac had the highest suction power of all other vacuums, including the other dysons available. The cord retracts inside it so there is no annoying winding the cord around the back of it. The long handle makes it very easy to reach cob webs in the corners of a room. The handle also becomes shorter (about half of its full length) for easy use vacuuming stair or dusting (or when my children want to vacuum).

Maneuverability
Maneuverability is good, not great. The Ball vacuums are much easier to turn quickly. I run into corner quite a bit because it can be a bit hard to turn. Not horrible, though.

Ease of Maintenance
Just empty out the canister after a couple uses (super easy) with the touch of a button. Every once in a while (3-5 months), my husband takes out the filter and washes it. Then just lay it down to dry for a day and it is like new again.

Suction Performance
Suction has never decreased for me. I have had it for about 2 years.

I have had several upright vacuums and a couple other canisters. Compared to other canisters, the dyson design is wonderful. The cord retracts inside of it, the handle actually hooks onto the body so it doesn't fall onto the floor, and if you wanted to take of the handle and hose completely and store it somewhere else, its just the push of a button to take off and it snaps very easily back on.

It's been 2 years and I have had no issues.

Satisfied Customer

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

I have recently purchased the Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum. I have never really had any luck at all with other brands because I have two large dogs and a cat. They shed alot and other vacuums could not keep up or they would tear up in a matter of weeks. The design looks really cool unlike other brands. It is also not as loud as other brands, which is a massive plus to me. When I purchased this I have to admit I was a little sceptical, but I am glad I purchased it, I have had it for a few months now and I have had zero problems out of it and it honestly exceeds all of my expectations. Its exciting to finally have a vacuum that actually works for a change, so I am extremly satisfied and would definately recommend this to anyone who has animals in their home!!! The bottom line is that if you have a animal then quite wasting your time on the cheap vacuums and buy this one, because the other will just tear up in weeks and I know this because I have been there, so check it out!

• Versatility:

Will work even if you don't own a pet.

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

The Dyson dc39 animal vacuum is a canister vacuum. There is nothing special about the vacuum that makes it an animal vacuum and I use it and I do not have a pet. The vacuum probably removes more dust than other vacuums. The manufacturer recommends that the filter be washed monthly. It comes with cleaning head with a rotating brush, a smaller rotating brush-head. It also comes with a vacuum attachment for corners and tabletops. There is a smaller attachment that is used for small-area carpets. And there is an attachment that extends the reach of all the other attachments. The vacuum has a button to stop the cleaning-head from rotating so that the vacuum can be used on hardwood floors. The canister does not hold much dirt so that it has to be emptied regularly.

Maneuverability
The vacuum is awkward to move around. It does not tip over but a person drags it by the hose.

Ease of Maintenance
One of the advantages of the vacuum is there are no bags or filters to buy every year. The filter is washable and it is a bag-less vacuum.

I have had no problem using this vacuum for about a year. I think it is a good vacuum.

• Versatility:

Very good vacuum, great features, some cons

Comments about Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum:

I like my dyson vacuum. I don't love, love, love it as much as I thought I would though. The price was high, and the dyson brand is so well known as being (one of) the best, that I thought I would be getting an unbreakable, as - close - as - you - can - get - to - perfect vaccum, but I have been a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, this vacuum is nice. Unfortunately, there are a few cons that come with this vacuum as well. On the positive side, It looks nice, works well, is easy to use, easy to empty, and has lots of nice (and useful attachments). I especially like the attachment used to vacuum a ceiling fan, which I use regularly. Another favorite feature of mine is the cord rewind - my cord has *never* been tangled in the approximately two years I have had the vaccum. On to the cons - it is fairly large and heavy. I live in a small space (have no designated cleaning closet or laundry room) so I keep my dyson under my kitchen sink. It does fit, but takes a significant amount of space. It is also fairly heavy, and you will need to lift it to get it out of wherever you decide to store it. It is not hard to pull, but it does occasionally get "stuck" on something and I will have to give it a little tug to get it going. Other than the size/weight, the other negative is the hair that gets stuck in the vacuum "head" (the part that is picking up the dirt). I have long hair, as do my daughters. I have had this same problem with other vacuums but was hoping that this one would somehow be immune to it (it is named "Animal" for a reason, right?). I figured, surely a vacuum designed to pick up animal hair could pick up my hair without an issue, right? Unfortunately I was wrong. My hair (and my daughters) routinely get stuck in this vacuum and I have to cut it out in order for it to work properly. Overall I gave this vacuum a rating of "4" because it is a very nice vacuum and I have always been able to fix the hair problem on my own.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is fairly easy to maneuver, but it is still somewhat heavy to pull around, so I would not recommend it for someone who is older or who has back problems.

Ease of Maintenance
I have to clean out the "head" of the vacuum about once a month in order to keep it working well. Other than that I have not had to do anything to it to keep it in great working order.

Suction Performance
The suction is great as long as it is working properly (nothing stuck in it).

Versatility
This vacuum works better on carpet than on hard floors from my experience.

This vacuum has a good design but is fairly heavy. It is easy to empty and usually easy to manuever. The cord rewind feature is a favorite of mine.

This is a very sturdy vacuum.

Handy vaccum

from Seattle, WA

Maneuverability
Very good, it all depends on your speed not how fast the vacuum goes.