Other Vacuums:
Dirt Devil
MO82700
Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700

Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700

A lightweight vacuum at a good price

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

The Dirt Devil Vision is a good vacuum for the price. A great feature is the retractable cord, which makes putting the vacuum away a simple task.

Maneuverability
Because the vacuum is so light, it's easy to move around. That's handy for anyone older or someone who has health issues limiting their normal activity.

Ease of Maintenance
The filter gets dirty often, but I just take it outside and either tap it on the deck railing or let the wind blow the dust out. It's really not difficult at all.

Suction Performance
Suction is good but the brushes get long hairs, strings, etc., tangled in them easily.

Versatility
Goes from carpet to vinyl without any trouble. The retractable cord is a great feature but isn't very long.

The canister is easy to empty, which I do every time I vacuum.

Some parts are plastic, unlike the old vacuums that had metal pieces.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Love the vacuum, worth the price.

from Michigan City, IN

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

Love this vacuum. Have had it for 5 years and have never had any issues with it yet. I wish the cord was longer though.

Maneuverability
Very light weight and easy to move through a house.

Ease of Maintenance
Never changed the filters yet, I just wash them and stick them back into the vacuum.

Suction Performance
This little vacuum has some power. I have 3 dogs who shed like crazy and this little vacuum keeps up. I use it on hardwood floors. It does't work great on carpet.

Versatility
Great vacuum.

Needs a longer cord. I have to plug into an extension cord to do 3 rooms.

Had it almost 6 years.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Good vacuum for hard floors

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

I've had this Dirt Devil canister vacuum for a few years now and I have been pretty pleased with it. I mostly use it on hardwood and tile floors where my upright vacuum wouldn't work well. The vacuum is lightweight and moves around easily. It is good for getting into small spaces. I really like that the vacuum has a retractible cord and I don't have to deal with my kids unwinding it if the vacuum is left out.

I mostly vacuum up crumbs and cat hair. It is easy to empty out the dirt and cat hair when I'm done vacuuming and it's great that there are no bags to deal with. I find that after about 3 months the vacuum starts to lose a lot of suction if I don't replace the filter. The filters are not hugely expensive, but it does add to the maintenance cost.

Overall I think it's a pretty nice vacuum. Just be prepared to invest in new filters or spend some time cleaning them.

Dirt Devil M082700 Bagless Canister Vacuum

from Astoria, NY

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

Dirt Devil M082700 Bagless Canister VacuumThis was the first vacuum I purchased for myself. Before I owned this I was borrowing my neighbor's Miele cannister vac every couple weeks. I do a lot of sewing which kicks up a lot of dust and owning my own was a necessity. I got this on a very good deal at a nearby big box store. This model is a very good choice, especially for the price. It is very lightweight so dragging it around it not a chore. It works well on both wood floors and carpeting with adjustable setting for either (I have both although hardwood floors predominate). It comes with the usual slew of attachments. The main one has a powered rotating brush which does get tangled up with hair every so often. The bagless feature is fine but it does necessitate both cleaning and changing the filters. I supposed if this is done after every vacuum it is not such an order, although if one is only the lazier side (like me) dust and dirt really builds up and makes for a messy job.

Dirt Devil Vision- Good on Wood

from Toledo, Ohio

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

So we got the Dirt Devil vision a few years back for christmas and now it is sitting in the basement. It is like a glorfied shopvac on four wheels with a longer cord. It does the job as far as cleaning up kitchen and hard wood floor crumbs and it gets in small spaces easily like under and around table chairs.  It has a retractible cord which i like because you dont have to mess around with winding it up.  The filter gets packed rather quickly and needs to be replaced often. It does come with a cleaner brush so you can clean it by hand but it is very messy and I wouldn't recommend the hassel. The spindle and suction works okay as long as you keep it free from hair and strings. Sometimes it has trouble moving on different levels of carpet such as a padded rug. It works better on low flat surfaces. I call my Dirt Devil clifford because it is red and the canister follows me around as I clean. The hose gets a lot of wear and I have replaced it once under the manufacturers warranty. Overall it has gotten the job done, but it is no Dyson.

LIGHTWEIGHT AND STRONG

from Yorba Linda, CA

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE DIRT DEVIL CANISTER VACUUM SINCE I NEEDED A LIGHTWEIGHT VACUUM TO LUG UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS WITH. BUT I ALSO NEEDED A VACUUM THAT ALSO DOES WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO - SUCK UP STUFF. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED A CANISTER VACUUM SINCE ALL THE UPRIGHT ONES I'VE HAD WERE TOO HEAVY AND WERE ALWAYS JAMMED FOR SOME REASON.

SO WHEN TARGET HAD THE DIRT DEVIL CANISTER ON SALE, I GRABBED IT. WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX, THERE WERE ONLY A COUPLE OF ATTACHMENTS NEEDED SO NO FANCY FOOTWORK NEEDED. IT COMES WITH A HOSE AND TWO ATTACHMENTS AND YOU CAN EASILY SWITCH BETWEEN LOW OR HIGH SETTING DEPENDING ON IF YOU'RE VACUUMING A CARPETED FLOOR OR NON-CARPETED FLOOR. THERE'S A BIG BUTTON FOR THE ON AND OFF SWITCH AND A RETRACTABLE CORD - PRETTY NIFTY.

I ALSO LOVE THE COLOR - THE SIGNATURE RED AND BLACK. I SUPPOSE THAT'S WHY IT'S ALSO CALLED THE DIRT DEVIL BECAUSE IT'S RED AND BLACK. THE VACUUM IS BAGLESS AND HAS A HEPA FILTER. IT'S ALSO VERY EASY TO DUMP OUT THE DIRT. YOU JUST OPEN UP THE LATCH, PULL OUT THE CANISTER AND DUMP OUT THE CONTENTS.

THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT IT'S A BACK BREAKER. IT'S NOT EASY TO MANUEVER LIKE AN UPRIGHT, BUT IT IS MUCH MORE CONVENIENT.

A Good Little Devil!

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

I LOVE this machine!  Actually, it is my second...my first one got "borrowed", never to be returned again...after innumerable attempts to get it back, out of frustration I purchased a second Dirt Devil canister vacuum.  It's not that I couldn't have gotten a different model...I DIDN'T WANT another model!  This is a lightweight portable vacuum with heavyweight power!  The attachments are easy to use and gives the machine so much more versatility!  I can easily vacuum curtains/drapes by setting the canister on top of the couch...easily!  This same feat is next to impossible with the conventional 'standup' vacuum model!  I have never had any issues at all with this vacuum; the only cost has been bags and belt.  With this little baby, I can reach every crack and crevice in my house!  We have an unfinished upstairs; it resembles 2 small bedrooms "in the raw" (all unfinished wood walls/floors)!  This vacuum helped me transform that upstairs into 2 'rustic' rooms!  I even use it in my kitchen for periodic storage shelf cleaning (also goes for the pantry as well).  I use it to clean wall corners/moulding/etc.....actually I use it to do just about everything except cook dinner!

I'm in love with by Dirt Devil Bagless

from Haines City, FL

Comments about Dirt Devil Vision Canister Vacuum M082700:

I decided to go all hard floors because of the many pets that we have. The drawback is that the pet hair travels everywhere. After a year of looking, I bought this Dirt Devil bagless vacuum and it is has been a dream come true. I enjoy the various speed control so I can vacuum up hair around wires without vacuuming up the wires. The sound does not scare the animals. I also love the fact that I do not need to buy vacuum bags since they fill up quickly with the air.