Other Itch & Rash Treatments:

Quality Choice Anti-Itch Cream 2% Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride

QC Anti-Itch Cream works better than hydrocortisone creams

from Bremond, TX

Comments about Quality Choice Anti-Itch Cream 2% Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride:

Fire ants again! I'm so tired of those little beggars sneaking up on me in the garden. The painful burning sensation ( just like fire, per their name), the itch, and lately swelling at the site make me cranky. Cortisone cream was OK, but QC Anti-Itch Cream does so much more to alleviate my symptoms.

The diphenhydramine hydrochloride is an anti-histamine delivered topically in this preparation. Do not take or use any other preparation with this active ingredient at the same time. The burning and itching sensations ramp down within a few minutes, while QC counteracts the swelling caused by the venom.

The zinc acetate protects my skin, while the pustules develop ( yeah, gross, I know!) which is an unavoidable part of the process of healing.

I have noticed that those "ant zits" are smaller when I use QC Anti-Itch Cream. They heal faster as a result. This product works on many insect bites, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac, too. You can get a good ointment for an economical price with this generic product.