Other Itch & Rash Treatments:

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream

Works Quite Well

from Utah

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

I have always been pleased with the results that I have gotten from this product. I have used it to deal with poison ivy and other skin irritations that itch. This itch stopping cream deals with the symptoms of itching very quickly and very well. It also seems to help dry up the poison ivy itself very quickly.
The cream is very easy to use. It rubs into the skin very easily, and it does not leave much of any uncomfortable residue or anything on the skin. For this reason, I like it even better than the Benadryl spray that can leave a sticky, runny residue.
This product is also very small and portable, making it easy to take when traveling on the road.
So far, I have not run into any downsides or negatives about this product at all.
Combining all of these factors, this product is well worth the price, even if it does cost a little bit more than other brands. Personally, I would buy this product over other brands of the same type of products.

Benadryl Extra Strength itch Stopping Cream

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

After moving to Florida nearly two years ago, I had no idea what I was in store for. Coming from the high desert of Nevada, I seldom encountered much in the way of bugs other than an occasional mosquito or fly in the summertime. Usually noting of any consequence. Since living in Florida I've been bitten by just about everything that can bite. The worst of the lot in is the No-seums. I have tried many anti itch creams but this one by far is the best for relieving the unbearable itch that these bugs cause when they bite. I try to use non deet products to deter the bugs but now and then one will bite. This cream soothes on contact and lasts a very long time. I would recommend this for an insect bite and it also works for minor itchy skin rashes I get from time to time. I wouldn't go outside without taking this product. Please note that this is for skin use only and not to be taken internally.

Poison Oak finds me!

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

I never go looking for poison oak or poison ivy but it finds me nonetheless. I stay outside doing yard work or gardening six or seven months out the year and I get the rash from poison oak quite often somehow. I love the relief from Benadryl extra strength cream. I sometimes can scratch myself until I bleed and I can't wait to get my hands on this stuff. I wish Benadryl made something like this but that you could use it as a precautionary cream in case you got poison oak.

I grew up on calamine lotion and I hate the look of having that pink stuff all over your skin. Benadryl cream is so much better because your skin absorbs it instead of just rubbing it on your skin. When you have the kind of itch that poison oak, or even insect bites produce, you want something that works and work fast. I know that Benadryl makes great products and can be relied on.

I am not sure that anything completely takes the itch away, but benadryl extra strength itch cream does a decent job! If you need instant relief, I highly recommend trying this product!

Itch stopping cream says it all

from Houston, TX

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream is fast, effective relief of minor skin irritations due to allergies or bites. I keep one tube in the house and one in my purse, especially during the summer when you never know what might bite you.

Keeps your skin from itching as soon as you apply it.

The cream is easy to use. Just squeeze the tube and rub a bit onto your skin at the bite, rash or irritation. I do wish it was a flip top and that I have a better way to get all the cream out from the bottom when the tube is close to empty.

Immediacy
As soon as you apply the cream you feel immediate relief. It's a must have for mommy's and I keep it with me always.

Stop the itch extra quick with Benadryl Extra Strength Cream.

from Tiny Town, GA

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

I have four sons who are always getting into something...like the poison ivy and poison oak that grows along the creek that borders our property. That creek and the pond that's beside our home also attract insects that love to bite my boys.

Sometimes my sons come inside scratching their itches so hard that I'm afraid they will cause the insect bites or the rashes from the poison ivy or poison oak to become infected.

Since I don't like seeing my sons (or their friends) miserably scratching bites or rashes, I always keep a tube of *Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream* in our medicine cabinet.

The two active ingredients in this topical cream are:

- 1. *"2% Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, which is a topical analgesic that works very quickly in stopping the itching and pain caused by insect bites, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac."*

- 2. *"Zinc Acetate 0.1%, which is a skin protectant that helps make sure those bug bites and rashes don't become infected."*

*Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream* does not burn when it's applied and it stops the itching which stops the scratching very quickly. It even stops pain due to minor scrapes, scratches, burns, and sunburn.

This is one of those 'must have' products that I always have on hand because I seem to need it for one reason or another at least once a week.

It's a 5 star product, I love it, and I recommend it. There's no need to scratch an itch until it becomes infected or itch so badly that it drives you nuts because *Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream* will nix that itch quickly!. It does what it claims it will do and it does it very very well.

Stops itching and swelling due to poison plants,and stops pain due to minor cuts, scratches, and burns very effectively!

This cream is very easy to use. Simply apply a little of the topical cream to the affected area and that's it! The Benadryl does the rest for you.

Immediacy
Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream begins to stop the itch almost immediately after application. It works well and it works very quickly.

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream Stops Itching Fast!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

Spending time in the great outdoors is a good idea, but it isn’t without its risks. One outdoor risk that stays with you long after you return home is itching caused by poisonous plants, insect bites, etc. One product ready to stop these and other annoying itches is **Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream.**

**Medication Facts:**

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream is made with the active ingredients Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride (2%) and Zinc Acetate (0.1%). It contains special histamine blockers and can be used for effective itch- fighting from such common causes as insect bites, poison ivy, poison sumac, poison oak, sunburn, cuts & scrapes, and more.

Benadryl is one of my favourite allergy medicines and its itch stopping cream is every bit as high in quality as the rest of the Benadryl product line. Just a small dab is all it takes to get itching under control. Once you rub the cream on the rash, sore, sunburn, etc., you can feel a difference in a matter of seconds. The urge to scratch disappears quickly.

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream should not be used on children under the age of two. It can be used on anyone else but the manufacturer recommends not to apply it more than four times each day. If the problem area is still itchy after four treatments per day for seven days, it may be a good idea to see a dermatologist.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream is an excellent product that stops itching on contact. I wouldn’t expect anything below average with the Benadryl name and this product easily maintains the Benadryl level of quality. It is one of the best itch- fighting creams ones on the market.

Stops itching on contact

Just rub the cream on the affected areas

Starts working immediately

Incredible results and a household must-have.

from Petaluma, CA

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

I have the worst allergic reaction to mosquito bites on my skin which cause bites to swell up to enormous sizes and sometimes even blister. I first saw the Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream while on a shopping run and decided to buy it for the upcoming summer because I have tried Benadryl medicine before and they have always worked well for me. However, I did not want to keep eating medicine to decrease my skin allergic reactions because the pills made me drowsy. After I used the cream for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised by the quick results. The cream does not feel cool on your skin but it instantly decreases the itching within a few minutes. Whenever the itching started again after a few hours, I just put on more cream. The Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream is excellent for rashes, minor cuts, minor burns, etc. It is a great medicine to keep stocked in your house throughout the year.

Make my kids forget they got bit by fire ants or mosquitoes!

from Zephyrhills, FL

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

My kids have the type of skin that attract mosquitoes and fire ants!  These bites itch and burn and make my kids miserable.  I just rub in a little Benadryl and within seconds the itching is gone!!!  Every mom needs this!!!

Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream is easy to use and works fast!

from Durham, NC

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch stopping cream is a lifesaver in our household. My little girl has such a strong reaction to mosquito bites that she was scratching (and bleeding) during her sleep. Benadryl's itch stopping cream really stops the itching and allows her to sleep. It also prevents her from having scabs all over her arms and legs from the bites. I also used Benadryl itch stopping cream when I had a rash during my pregnancy, because Benadryl is safe for pregnant women. It afforded me relief when nothing else worked. I have read that since Benadryl is absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream in some quantity, people who are taking the oral (pill) version of Benadryl should not use the topical itch stopping cream at the same time. The cream is also good for other insect bites and is safe enough to use on children. I make sure we always have a tube in the medicine cabinet and one in the car first aid kit, too.

It provides the fastest relief for stopping your itch.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

When I complained to my doctor that the prescribed 0.1% triamcinolone acetonide (a corticosteroid) topical cream was good at only relieving the chapness of my outbrakes of hives and rashes and that I needed something more to stop the itch, I was prescribed Extra Strength Benadryl itch stopping cream.  This product is **non-steroidal** and contains a full **2%** of **diphenhydramine hydrochlroide** (an analgesic), which quickly shuts down *the histamines* produced by your nervous system that cause itching.  Benadryl's itch stopping cream works amazingly fast, within a minute of applying it to the affected area of itchy skin the itch is gone. Now mind you, the itch will return as the product's strength wears off, usually within a couple of hours, but you don't have to apply much of this product to get relief.  It comes in a small 1ounce (28.3g) tube that has lasted me through several large outbrakes and I still have half the tube left and the less you scratch your hives and rashes the less they will spread and the faster you will heal.  Further, it contains **zinc** acetate as a skin protectant.  Zinc is also lauded by the cosmetic and dietary supplement industries for its' great antiseptic purifying properties, as well.

I recommend Extra Strength Benadryl Itch Stopping cream to anyone who is suffering an outbreak due to some form of allergic reaction.  However, if you suspect that your outbreak may be caused by a viral infection than you may need need something stronger for sores or blisters that discourages the bacterial and fungal growth of deteriorating skin. Triamcinolone acetonide is a good medication, which does discourage fungal growth, but it is mostly prescribed by dermatologist, because it builds up your nervous system's tolerance to whatever is causing your outbrake.  Eventually, over time, your hives and rash will clear up, with the use of it, but while your waiting for your system to build up tolerance your itching like crazy and your rash is spreading. What's more, if you use triamcinolone acetonide for your outbreak, you probably also have a lot of broken skin lesions from scratching.  So, you should use it in conjuction with the antiseptic povidone-iodine (available over-the-counter in a liquid or cream), which is also great at shutting down rashes, when applied to the affected area, without stinging or burning, but if your rash creeps it will simply flare up around the area where you applied the povidone-iodine that you did not saturate.  You will not encounter this problem with Extra Strength Benadryl Itch Stopping cream, because it is designed to simply shut down the histamines that cause itch, therefore your rash will not creep and it will clear up much faster than with the use of the other formulations I've mentioned, and without the side effects that steroids can cause.