Other Dog Foods:

Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Purina One Sensitive Formula is my go-to dog food!

My dog has allergies and is very sensitive. Before I found this dog food she constantly had itchy, red skin and was constantly scratching. This got very frustrating for both of us. She couldn't sleep or relax because she was so itchy and neither could I because she insisted I help scratch!

My veterinarian recommended that I feed her a sensitive systems dog food to soothe from the inside (and an oatmeal shampoo for the outside). Purina is a brand I trust, so this was my first choice when I picked out her new dog food. Within a month I noticed a dramatic decrease in the amount of her discomfort. Also, my dog can be picky about what she eats, so I was amazed that she immediately liked this food!

It did not take long for me to fall in love with this food. It is now what all my dogs eat and I make sure that my parents keep it at their house too for when I visit with the dogs! One day of another dog food seems to mean DAYS of itching afterwards!

It's a little better on protein but still has too many grains.

I tried this a while back for one of my dogs with digestive issues but it didn't really help. I think his constipation was a little less but the dog food itself just doesn't have what he needs to feel better and keep things moving. He did eat every bite of it up like it was delicious and this formula has a lot more protein than some of their formulas but it just doesn't cut it.

This sensitive formula still has lots of grains and oats in it. I don't think a sensitive formula dog food should have so much nonsense in it. It has way too many filler items to be any good for a dog with a sensitive belly.

On the positive side, it does have a lot of vitamins and minerals in it.

Quality of Ingredients
Salmon, brewers rice, pearled barley, oat meal, corn gluten meal, animal fat , fish meal, salmon meal...

Now off the bat, most of these are okay but I don't think my dog really needs brewers rice, barley, oatmeal, or corn gluten. This variety does do a much better job with protein and the quality is better but it still has grains and corn and gluten in it which is something I don't think my dogs need. My dogs sensitive stomach wasn't helped with these "quality ingredients".

Flavor Selection
If you pay more for their pricier formulas, you get better ingredients and more ingredients to choose from but with their flavor selections, it could still use improvement.

My Opinion

from Chubbuck ID

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value

Cons

• Expensive

• Older Dogs
  • Puppies

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

I have been trying to find a couple good affordable dog food brand for my dog and this is one of them that i found that actually agrees with him and doesn't make him poo all over the floor. and he likes it as well

Good inexpensive food

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

I don't find a thing wrong with purina foods. I've tried all the designer dog foods, but my dog won't eat them. What's wrong with purina? Do you think dogs care what it is? They eat cat poo from the litter box and eat rotten food from the garbage. And when have you ever seen a dog eat a cranberry or blueberry? Not mine, so she doesn't care that purina doesn't have that stuff in it People make a huge deal about feeding dogs corn or oats or rice, why? If the food is nutritionally complete, then what does it hurt? I tried making my own food but eventually my dog wouldn't it it day in and day out and ended up wasting money. No more we are sticking with something in the purina one line

This sensitive is great for my dobie/rot/Great Dane mutt's skin. She doesn't scratch and her coat is so shiny. She actually WANTS to eat this food. Which is great for my purse! I was just throwing away money from all that expensive grain free foods.

Quality of Ingredients
Purina has made animal feed for years, Their scientists know animals and their nutritional needs.

Flavor Selection
Salmon is the only flavor in sensitive systems. I wish there was some other flavors

• Flavor Selection:

It's a little better on protein but still has too many grains.

from West Virginia

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

On the positive side, it does have a lot of vitamins and minerals in it.

Excellent affordable dogfood

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

Anyone who has "furry" children knows how important their good health is. These babies are there at the door when you come home, they're always glad to see you and they never hold a grudge. They are members of our families and are the perfect example of unconditional love! So when deciding which dog food you should be using, I would like you to consider Purina One Adult Sensitive Systems dry dog food. It was nice to see the first ingredient was Salmon and not those fillers that many other brands use. This is also a good source of Omega-6 and Vitamin E, both important for healthy skin. That was important for us because both of our dogs suffered from allergies. We noticed a big improvement after two weeks and after a month the symptoms were gone! Reward you dog's love and affection by giving them a good tasting dog food that's also good for their well being.

Quality of Ingredients
Salmon is the number one ingredient!

• Flavor Selection:

purina one isn't the only one for my dog.

from Millstadt, IL

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

Generally, I like Purina dog food products for my dogs. I especially like how I seem to know almost all of the ingredients in the Purina ONE as opposed to other dog foods. I feel like it's important that the ingredients I feed my dog are as much real food as possible. That being said, I recently acquired a new fur baby to the family. One that has tummy troubles, so I picked up Purina ONE Sensitive Systems thinking it would be a perfect match for the new puppy dog. It was not, I don't know if I just haven't given it enough time for my dog to get adjusted to it or what but it's been about a month and it still seems as if my dog is having issues. I plan on giving it a little more time to see just because I really do believe that Purina produces a solid product, so I will update my review later.

Quality of Ingredients
I feel that Purina ONE has real ingredients and not the fake stuff which is important to me. I would like my dogs to eat real food just as much as I myself enjoy real food. Plus I feel that real ingredients don't mess up their stomachs as much.

Flavor Selection
They seem to have a good selection of flavors from what I've seen at my local store.

• Flavor Selection:

Best food for dogs with sensitive systems

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

I have been feeding my golden retriever Purina dog food for a couple of months now and I have seen a lot of improvement with her digestive system. She has always had stomach issues and allergies. Her coat is now shiny, she has gained two pounds, and has more energy than she used to thanks to this new Purina food we give her. This has really worked for Lulu. She is now healthy, happy, and her stools are nice and solid. I wish we had tried it years ago, but I was put off by other people's opinions and comments about this brand. All around, this food surpasses the latter. And also costs much less compared to others. I am certain that I will keep buying and feeding this food for my dog Lulu (golden retriever). I have not tried any of their other products, but I definitely recommend this Purina dog food to anyone who's dog has a sensitive system and does not react well to other brands of food.

• Flavor Selection:

sensitive food for sensitive dogs

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

I noticed as my dog got older she seemed to be more sensitive to the food I was feeding her and I was thinking oh boy am I gonna have to cook for her like my friend had to do for her dog because he was so sensitive to everything he ate. I decided to try this brand of doggy food and was amazed after the first week how much better my pup was feeling.

Quality of Ingredients
This dog food uses natural ingredients so my dog is not eating a bunch of chemicals that can upset her sensitive stomach. I like that this dog food was especially formulated for my sensitive girl and she is doing much better.

Flavor Selection
My dog is very happy with the flavor of this food and even though she is very sensitive and her tummy can only handle certain foods she does great with this one and its many natural flavors. I have watched my dog be unhappy with a lot of foods and flavors but she absolutely loves this brand of doggy food.

• Flavor Selection:

This is a good food for dogs with sensitive stomachs.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

My dog had terrible digestive issues later in his life due to cancer. Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food is one of the brands I fed him during that time in his life. This food was great for him. His bouts with nausea and vomiting were cut more than half when he was eating Purina ONE's food. Before this food, he was throwing and having diarrhea at least three times a week. After starting this food, his problems were considerably less apparent. Also, it cost less than the specialty dog foods and I could purchase it in a grocery store. I liked not having to go to specialty pet store that was far away to purchase his food. He also really liked the food. He gobbled it up from the very first time he ate it. I know that Purina uses quality ingredients and I did my research before I purchased this product. I would definitely recommend for your dog if he/she has digestive issues.

• Flavor Selection:

Great dog food for older dogs

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

My dog was getting older and started having digestive issues with the dry dog food I usually fed her. Even the Purina One Pro would cause stomach upset and gas and she would vomit frequently. So I decided to buy this Purina One Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food and she is feeling much better now. It feels really good that I was able to find a product that enabled my dog to eat and get the nutrition she needs without all the digestive issues. She really loves this dog food also. She will come with her tail wagging, whimpering and anxious to get her food every time she hears me reach for the bag. She can clear across on the other side of the house but she still hears me and comes running! The dog food is priced great also because the first ingredient in this product is Salmon, not some type of meat by product. It includes Vitamin E and Omega 6 for healthy skin. The description says it has a lot of antioxidants to help keep your dog healthy and happy. And that's exactly what this dog food is doing for my dog. It's good to see her happy and up playing with the kids again.

• Flavor Selection:

Very good nutritious food for all adult dogs.

Comments about Purina ONE Adult Sensitive Systems Dry Dog Food:

I have two dogs and one is over weight. My vet recommends a dog food that is healthy for adult dogs. Both my dogs love it and it is good for their weight and also healthy for them!

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients contained in the food is what makes it healthier/lower in calories. Chicken, lamb, salmon, vegies, are all very nutritious and dogs love it!!

Flavor Selection
Dogs love it! It is very flavorful. It has a variety of flavors in each bite.