Other Dog Foods:
Purina
Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food

Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food

• Flavor Selection:

Purina Beneful is the best dogfood

I have a very picky dog. We went thru at least ten different varieties of dogfood before we finally found one that she liked. The Beneful playful life is the perfect dogfood because my dog loves the way it tastes and it is made by Purina a company that I trust. I have bought store brand varieties of this dog food and my dog noticed a difference and picked thru it. She would eat certain flavors but not other ones. This made a big mess. I am glad that I have finally found a dog food that my dog likes and it has the nutrition that she needs. I have a 30 pound female Cocker Spaniel. This food keeps her at a healthy weight and makes her coat soft. All of the other leading brands such as pedagree, Iams, Science Diet, Eucanuba, purina one and proplan were unappealing to her and she refused to eat them. It was frustrating to keep spending the money on high quality dog food that she refused to eat or would pick and choose certain flavors that she liked.

Horrible food

This is horrible dog food. It's a bunch of fillers and junk, and is overpriced for what you get. First ingredient is corn, which artifically ups the protein percentage and is a cheap filler. Dogs have no need for corn, wheat, soy, or vegetables; the only reason starches are included in dog foods is (1) as a binding agent, and (2) as cheap filler. The first time an actual real meat is listed on the ingredients is the 7th ingredient down. This food contains red, yellow, and blue dyes; which can cause a range of problems from hyperactivity to increased cancer risk. This food also contains "mystery meat", or as the label calls it "meat and bone meal". You have no way to know what animals this meat actually came from. This food also has added sugar, which dogs do not need and is bad for them; the only reason sugar is added to dog foods is to make them taste better (with the obvious lack of meat and overabundance of grain, they have to add sugar to make the dogs want to eat it). I would not feed this food even if I won a free lifetime supply.

This dog food is an excellent option for my dog.

from San Jose,CA

About Me New Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

This dog food is an excellent option for my dog because it is made with natural ingredients and has no byproducts like a lot of other dog foods I have tried or read the packages of. I like to know that I am providing my dog with the best possible nutrition and so this food is the exact perfect fit!
We have a 3 year old 30 lb. Beagle. She came to us as an adult. We have fed her Beneful from the start. She enjoys the taste. In fact, my daughter will grab a piece of it and use it as a "treat" and the dog responds exactly as she would for an actual treat. We have had only clean bills of health from the vet. Our dog has had no tummy problems that we have noticed. She has regular bowel movements, and there seems to be no urgency in her going. She has not had any urinary problems either that we have been aware of. We did have to buy a very cheap "other" brand of dog food once when we ran out and we couldn't get to a bigger store. Our poor dog was gassy and kept burping audibly. You could hear her tummy gurgling and complaining. And the taste of the "other" brand? Well, the dog peed on the bag of food. Yeah. She peed on it. She sure told us she wanted her Beneful back! So since we have a happy, healthy dog who loves her food, I see no reason to change our routine.

My dog loves it

from OR

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional

• Active Dogs
    • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

My minpin really enjoys this food. He seems to really enjoy the taste and is always happy to eat when I fill his bowl. It keeps him healthy and his coat looking nice. Very happy with it

Great Dog Food

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

My dog loves Purina Beneful dog foods. We started giving this playful life dry dog food to our dog when we changed his diet. We usually give him a one meal of this dog food a day. He loves the taste of it and gets so excited when we put it in his bowl. It is pretty standard in pricing for this as well, compared to other dog foods. The ingredients are really good for dog food. There are standard flavors for dog foods compared to other dog food. If you want a great dog food, to help keep your dog healthy, active and playful this is a really good choice to buy. We have been buying this food for about 2 years now, and it has worked great for our dog. I would highly recommend this dog food to anyone that has a dog(s) that they want to keep healthy and help with their play and activity. We tried a couple of different brands, but this seemed to be the winner with our dog.

Quality of Ingredients
    Very good quality ingredients for dog food.

Flavor Selection
    Standard flavor for dog foods.

pedigree beneful

from Duncan, SC

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

I buy this dog food for my boston Terrier. She is very picky and this is the only one she will eat.
    It is not expensive and makes her happy. I normally buy 6 bags at a time to ensure she has her dog food. She will not eat if it now the beneful brand. She enjoys the treats that are available by this brand also. I feel that I get what I pay for with this item. She does prefer certain pieces more than others. Even my cats seem to enjoy this type of food. I like that there are different types and sizes to purchase it. I also appreciate the coupons when they are available. I look for sales to use the coupons at. I find that I buy more if I have the coupons. I really like this dog food for my dog. I will continue to purchase this dog food as long as it is available for her. She prefers the smaller bits style. She also like the treats but only the bone shape kind. I buy several packages of the treats and the bones too because she likes them best.

Great for dogs!

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

My husband and I currently have four dogs. One is German Shepherd/ Shar Pei, second is German Shepherd/Wolf/Australian Shepherd, third is a Yorkshire Terrier, and fourth is a Chinese Crested/Long haired Chihuahua. The two big dogs are outside dogs and the two small dogs are inside dogs. I started out with the Yorkshire Terrier who is full blooded. He was given Purina puppy chow as a baby and when I got him I slowly weened him to Beneful puppy food. He is now eating the adult Beneful. When I got the two big dogs we decided to start getting the big 50 lb bags of Alpo since it was cheaper. That was a big mistake for our little Yorkie. His hair didn't have that natural shine anymore and he just didn't seem to like it as much. The vet agreed that I should put him back on Beneful. I am glad I did because he is so much happier. We even decided to put the big dogs on it even though it cost more. We got the Chinese Crested mix today and started him on the Beneful puppy. Overall Beneful seems to be one of the best dry dog foods available. We have tried a lot of them but this one has always seemed to be the best for my dogs.

Great dog food

Quality of Ingredients
    This dog food is made with real meat chunks, whole grains and even real vegetable pieces instead of a mixture of byproducts. I can see the nutrition in every chunk when I fill my dogs food bowl every day with the colorful chunks of meaty bites and vegetable chunks.

Flavor Selection
    I love giving my dog this dog food and she loves to eat it because it is full of a wide variety of little flavor chunks and not just one flavor so my dog gets all the nutritional benefits and the variety of flavors to eat in her dog food every day. I like that this brand of dog food uses real ingredients to flavor this dog food.

• Flavor Selection:

Only dry dog food my Chihuahua will eat

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

I've tried all kinds of dry dog foods on my Chihuahua and I just end up giving them to my daughter's dogs. Now, this dog will eat anything that won't eat her first, unless it comes to dry dog food. She loves canned food, but I stopped giving it to her because she started getting so fat. She eats her Beneful dry food better than any dry food (except cat food) that I have bought. She does pick through it and takes all the green pieces out and litterally throws them on the floor. I've received different flavors in the mail as samples and she always eats them. But, the flavors she seems to like the best aren't available in most stores in my area. They only seem to carry the basic Benefuls. I agree with the other reviewer that Beneful has nothing in it but fillers and grains, but what do you do when your dog won't eat anything else in a dry food? She'll eat everything and anything in a canned food but she just gets too fat on that stuff.

Good enough for us.

• Flavor Selection:

My go to food for my dog or puppy

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

This brand is the one I use on a everyday basis for all of my dogs. As far as freshness, taste and price its the winner for me. I know its probably not the highest quality but as far as all these big bag options go I do beleive its fairly comparable. My previous everyday go to brand was kibbles and bits and for the value and quality this brand is far superior. My dogs love it.

Quality of Ingredients
    Good as far as dry dog food goes, every bag ive bought has always been fresh, never stale. The dogs seem to love it so thats good enough for me. Even compared to some canned more expensive dog foods it appears as if the quality is better. I recommend this as the best value dog food product. I shop at walmart and i go through just about all the options to be sure.

Flavor Selection
    I like the options as far as selections based on size and age, there are not too many additional flavors outside of it but the dogs dont seem to get tired of it.

Healthy happy dog food

Comments about Purina Beneful Playful Life Dry Dog Food:

I have a 6 year old Chihuahua that we adopted 2 years ago. After taking him in we realized the other dog food we had was too large and hard to consume for him. We had switched to this brand and he lived it. It was just his size and very soft. As long as you kept the bag shut and the air didn't reach it. Or else my Chihuahua didn't care for aired out older food. Too hard for his teeth. Plus it gave him energy, even though he isn't a pup anymore he still acts like one.

Quality of Ingredients
    Our Chihuahua scarfs this food down. Especially compared to other brands, he knows this food is pact with freshness. This brand is definitely colorful and our dog will sort through his food and select which pieces he wants to eat first before devouring them all. I think its safe to say he enjoys this food.

Flavor Selection
    Our Chihuahua loves the taste of this dog food compared to other brands out there. And they are small enough for his smaller mouth. This food is loaded with meats and veggies.